The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default COD Black Ops - the king of shooters !!!

I've watched several trailers for this game and was undecided if I wanted to get it or not. But this weekend they had a free trail so thought I would give it a try. I was totally blown away with how life like the maps and ambiance were. Much better then I thought the trailers showed. The game play was great also. The guns were awesome and all the attachments and extras were a nice touch.

I honestly have to say it's the best shooter I've played, and that's a long long list. I didn't like Battlefield BC2 all that much. This game almost feels like Counter Strike in a way but obviously with 2011 graphics. I thought the nade explosions were simply mind blowing good. The way they do the shockwave on the blast is bad ass. You swear you can almost actually feel it.

Anybody else play this yet? What were your thoughts
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
schaaf

I sold my black ops a month after I got it... **** that game
Old 06-05-2011, 01:51 AM   #3
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
I sold my black ops a month after I got it... **** that game
What didn't you like?
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:00 AM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

The anti-COD people are hilarious. COD on x-box live is great.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:16 AM   #5
schaaf

Wait Zona is this a new game or just a game on Black Ops.

I'm a huge fan of MW2 but not Black Ops. I didn't like the maps, I felt you were at a huge disadvantage unless you were using an assault rifle. I mainly use snipers and the maps were horrible for it, I hated the respawn areas, the new guns, I didn't like the little RC car and many other things... Maybe it's just me but I could not bring myself to like Black Ops, I tried for an entire month I was very let down
Old 06-05-2011, 02:42 AM   #6
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Black ops ****ing blows.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:42 AM   #7
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

Reach >>>>> Black Ops
BroncoSojia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:45 AM   #8
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Im very drunk and I still think Black Ops sucks.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:59 AM   #9
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Im very drunk and I still think Black Ops sucks.
Let me guess, you like Battlefield better? I was waiting for the Doggcow anti COD post.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #10
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Let me guess, you like Battlefield better? I was waiting for the Doggcow anti COD post.
It took 4 posts longer than expected...
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #11
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Love Black Ops, I play it all the time.

I loved Modern Warfare II, too...but w/the One-Man army deal, the grenade launching just got out of control. Now, I won't even look at that game.
Smilin Assassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #12
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Black ops ****ing blows.
Seriously, I'm proud of you right now. And I'm bookmarking this post on the off chance that someone hacked your account

@ schaaf, it didn't even take me 30 days before I traded it.

@ zona, the cons list is too long for me to type on my phone right now.

I couldn't WAIT for that game to come out ( I absolutely loved mw2, and had nothing but the highest hopes for this game), but felt like it regressed in every department aside from weapon customization. I picked up BFBC2 and never looked back.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #13
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Pretty much what I expected when I saw the thread title....50% for the game...50% against lol

Ya either love it, or hate it. Personally, I think it's 10x better than MW2, with the only complaint I have being the spawning issues.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #14
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Call of Duty since the original has gone down in quality cod>cod2>mw>mw2>Bo

I wouldn't expect those of you who play this game on the xbox 360 to feel the same way. Black ops is a 1 gun game, the famas is a laser if you're not using it you're getting outgunned. I Play competitive, its the gun we used all the time. The competitive community grew tired after a month.

The sound is terrible, when you say the ambient sound is great. I laugh!! You can't tell where a person is coming from! That's with $100+ headphones and better sound card then whats in your favorite surround sound system in your home.

The crap that they have flying in the air that's drops FPS (frames per sec). Just to make kids think "oh wow this is great".

I am not a battlefield fan either because I'm a fan of shooters with no vehicles. Blackops is terrible
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #15
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

yeah...
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #16
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Usually play every night - game has worn off for me but it's still a lot of fun to play with friends and family members.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #17
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post

I wouldn't expect those of you who play this game on the xbox 360 to feel the same way. Black ops is a 1 gun game, the famas is a laser if you're not using it you're getting outgunned. I Play competitive, its the gun we used all the time. The competitive community grew tired after a month.

The sound is terrible, when you say the ambient sound is great. I laugh!! You can't tell where a person is coming from! That's with $100+ headphones and better sound card then whats in your favorite surround sound system in your home.

The crap that they have flying in the air that's drops FPS (frames per sec). Just to make kids think "oh wow this is great".

I am not a battlefield fan either because I'm a fan of shooters with no vehicles. Blackops is terrible
That's the only complaint I have. For the most part, I can usually go positive K/D ratio with my Galil but sometimes I definitely got the drop on someone but because of the gun they use they killed me.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #18
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post

I love COD with or without flaws it might have or not. I think its a society thing now everybody gets tired of the same things over and over which is fine that's their right. It just hurts the guys like me who enjoy certain series of games. (COD Silent Hill are my two top series because they turn out games fast). Only COD I haven't played is the first one. I can't believe its better then COD2 but, maybe someone who played it can tell me otherwise is first game worth getting?
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #19
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

mw2 is still the best fps out...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #20
Agamemnon

I'm so sick of pretty much all the pseudo-realistic, poop-brown shooters out there. They're just so boring and uninspired.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #21
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

For me the problems with Black Ops is definitely gun balance and colors. If you play a rushing style game you need the 74u and if you play any other style you need the FAMAS those guns are so much better than any alternative in that game it is stupid. The colors are so bland and with a few exeptions the map design is boring as hell.

I think Black ops do many things right, I think they have eliminated overpowered perks and deathstreaks, the kill steaks are also much more balanced even though I would like to see the chopper gunner get dialed back. The maps are better balanced than many of the MW2 maps and allow for different game styles to be successful, I also like that they nerfed launchers pretty hard and that they made sniping harder.

Many of the maps are still too small to support 9v9, the only maps it works well on is cracked and grid.

They need to dial back either bullet spread or recoil on a bunch of guns, I am happy there is no ACR in this game, but it would be nice if you could fire a commando or AK47 and have some expectation that more than the first bullet would hit.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #22
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

This is how you play black ops

NURRR I HAVE GHOST AND A SILENCED GALIL OR AK74U NURR
Old 06-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #23
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

For the record I always use hardline, because I'm not a ****ing p***Y.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #24
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
For the record I always use hardline, because I'm not a ****ing p***Y.
I prefer lightweight for almost all my classes except for Domination and Demo when I use flak jacket.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #25
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

There is nothing wrong with the bullet spread. In Black ops the gun randomly jerks to the right (at least on PC). That's the developers way of putting in a learning curve which fails.

I agree with you about the bland colors, I have my digital vibrance turned up to 100% and everything blends in.

I believe some of us have ruined future games, I remember when I used to ask for less linear maps. More variety, more pathways. Now you can be shot from tons of places. Counter strike source or even cod/cod2 had it right. The less pathways the better.

Things that people probably don't realize is the ambient sound. Trains going by, bombs going off, rockets being refueled. Is TERRIBLE! They should give you an option to turn it off.
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote