The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2006, 07:18 AM   #126
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

it wouldn't bother me if it was shut down

I rarely post here anymore, I use to a lot, but it got tiresome
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:22 AM   #127
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Shack
it wouldn't bother me if it was shut down
I rarely post here anymore, I use to a lot, but it got tiresome

Seems too of happened to a lot of "tiresome" Bush supporters.
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:49 AM   #128
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug

Seems too of happened to a lot of "tiresome" Bush supporters.
naaa
it wasn't the political thing that got me out of here, it was the constant attack by your buddies and you against christians
Old 07-10-2006, 08:06 AM   #129
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
naaa
it wasn't the political thing that got me out of here, it was the constant attack by your buddies and you against christians
Who are my "buddies" you are referring to? And how does questioning "Christians" and their beliefs keep you from here?
Old 07-10-2006, 08:07 AM   #130
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug
Who are my "buddies" you are referring to? And how does questioning "Christians" and their beliefs keep you from here?
difference between questioning and being downright nasty
Old 07-10-2006, 08:07 AM   #131
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27
There's no reason to have a moderator in here. Politics itself is nasty, dirty, personal and crosses the line. Small wonder if people discussing it do likewise. I don't get why this is an issue? Are legions of 7 year olds lining up to discuss the war in Iraq on the OM?

Dumb idea of the month.

I didn't read this entire thread. That said, I agree with FS#27, there's no need for a mod. No need for attacks to get personal either! It's okay to argue one's position. Just beware to taking it to gutter level.

I've been called a bigot and the person doesn't even know me. Kinda ridiculous to make views on this forum personal. Everyone pretty much knows things get heated here. I suggest folks just remember to step back when things get a little too "hot".

TJ, again my personal opinion is leave this forum free flowing unless it becomes too much of an annoyance. If ever that is the case, then my suggestion would be too shut down the forum entirely.

We all need to remember the Mane is TJ's baby. He doesn't have to put up with any of the things that have nothing to do with the Broncos.

Last edited by Traveler; 07-10-2006 at 08:10 AM..
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:08 AM   #132
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

I find it quite interesting that a political forum poster wants a moderator! That almost sounds like an oxymoron, to me. The first time a mod tries to put your post in check you'll hear the cries of "Free Speach" being threatened, or that mod will be personally attacked.

It's tiresome to debate with some in this place because if you don't agree with the issues of another poster, they pull out terms that attack you personally rather than just realizing that there is not going to be agreement on the issue. It's just not worth the headache. I'd rather put my political/relegious time and energy where it will be more useful!
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:12 AM   #133
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I hate politics, the only reason I am here is because of the spam I got. Let me mod this place I would be happy to ban everyone j/k
This board does nothing for me I come to this place for one reason and that is the Broncos. So do what ever you think best TJ it is yours so realy who can b****?
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:21 AM   #134
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

i vote 'Yea' for nuking the room but trust TJ's judgment on this.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:23 AM   #135
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
difference between questioning and being downright nasty
Ah, so you're feelings were hurt? How is something "nasty" in your view?
Old 07-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #136
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I don't have time to fully read each post, but i will take time to comment.

I usually don't understand why certain people on this board can't really evolve past slander upon each other. I have taken part in such actions so i'm as much to blame as them. I enabled the behaviour.

I also use profanity at times. I try to use it as emphasis or humor, but have recenty tried to leave it to that and not litter it so often in my typing/speech.

However, I do have some ideas for criteria that i may prepare and post. Or maybe, this would be a good time to write a "constitution" for the WRP board.....

Last edited by alkemical; 07-10-2006 at 08:54 AM..
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:57 AM   #137
RunByDesign
Stand for the truth...

..you stand alone.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

I, for one, think that the hilarity of this forum contributes to the overall greatness of this site. The back and forth nature of the dialogue would be sorely missed by me, as often times, though not the most regular of contributors, I find this the only stop for my browsing.

A time out during family hours might help limit the erosion of the 'family atmosphere' and give regulars time to comtemplate their retorts.

An all out axing of the forum is unnecessary, IMO.
RunByDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:59 AM   #138
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

I'll repeat what I said earlier a little differently this time. When you come in here, you have to pass a WARNING sign on the front door that ought to clue you in that this place is populated by...shall we say...somewhat less than civil human beings...and that you ought to be aware of the fact that nobody's in here baby sitting.

Now suppose you stroll down the block one night and happen upon something that looks like this in your neighbors yard:

A smart chap might conclude that if he decides to hop the fence and poke Brutus in the eye with a stick he might get his butt chewed off. So if you decide to go ahead and do so anyway...are you going to ring the door bell and whine to the owner that his big doggie bit a chunk oughta your ***?

I think not.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #139
TheDave
Sauced...

Whatever....

(sorry that's all i've got on this topic)
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:13 AM   #140
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Hey dave, we can just make me Ruler. I promise i'll be fair to all.....
Old 07-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #141
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27
I'll repeat what I said earlier a little differently this time. When you come in here, you have to pass a WARNING sign on the front door that ought to clue you in that this place is populated by...shall we say...somewhat less than civil human beings...and that you ought to be aware of the fact that nobody's in here baby sitting.

Now suppose you stroll down the block one night and happen upon something that looks like this in your neighbors yard:

A smart chap might conclude that if he decides to hop the fence and poke Brutus in the eye with a stick he might get his butt chewed off. So if you decide to go ahead and do so anyway...are you going to ring the door bell and whine to the owner that his big doggie bit a chunk oughta your ***?

I think not.
In this day and age...nope, you just sue the dog owner and take him for all he has! lol j/k

Seriously, though, I'd rather keep the un-civil conversations here, seperated from the main boards. That way, if I choose to come in here, then I choose to come in here. On that same note, I also think that if you CHOOSE to post in here, you CHOOSE to put your own neck out on a limb and have no business complaining to TJ or any other mod about personal attacks on you...whether they are right or wrong or uncalled for. Personally, I'm not a glutton for punishment!
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #142
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
Hey dave, we can just make me Ruler. I promise i'll be fair to all.....
Fine by me... just don't ban me when i disagree with the whole Bigfoot got abducted by aliens and was really the second gunman on the grassy knoll who later filmed the bogus moon walk video...
Old 07-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #143
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave
Fine by me... just don't ban me when i disagree with the whole Bigfoot got abducted by aliens and was really the second gunman on the grassy knoll who later filmed the bogus moon walk video...

No, i'll just be more akin to the queen of hearts law of rule: off with yer head i say!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #144
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I think the problem is sometimes...emotions run high..and rather than discussing something...two enities are flingging crap at each other. This can potentially be a problem for the owner of the website. So don't get uppity with TJ when he says there needs to be rules of engagement. The reason this works at all for these types of discussions is because we aren't in each others presence. But typically...WRP type topics don't do well with live company. Make an effort to be good natured even when you disagree with another.

Remember...the secret to working with another is to at times be able to tell the other to go to hell...but make them feel good about the trip.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #145
Saddletramp
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngrll
In this day and age...nope, you just sue the dog owner and take him for all he has! lol j/k

Seriously, though, I'd rather keep the un-civil conversations here, seperated from the main boards. That way, if I choose to come in here, then I choose to come in here. On that same note, I also think that if you CHOOSE to post in here, you CHOOSE to put your own neck out on a limb and have no business complaining to TJ or any other mod about personal attacks on you...whether they are right or wrong or uncalled for. Personally, I'm not a glutton for punishment!
The problem is they dont stay here. They runover to the main forum and everywhere else. And, no personal attack is ever called for.
Saddletramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:25 AM   #146
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
I don't have time to fully read each post, but i will take time to comment.

I usually don't understand why certain people on this board can't really evolve past slander upon each other. I have taken part in such actions so i'm as much to blame as them. I enabled the behaviour.

I also use profanity at times. I try to use it as emphasis or humor, but have recenty tried to leave it to that and not litter it so often in my typing/speech.

However, I do have some ideas for criteria that i may prepare and post. Or maybe, this would be a good time to write a "constitution" for the WRP board.....
Old 07-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #147
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

I leave for a weekend and you all screw up everything.

Taco if you want I can clean this up real quick. I'll send you a list of people to ban.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #148
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddletramp
The problem is they dont stay here. They runover to the main forum and everywhere else. And, no personal attack is ever called for.
I would love to see a list of who is complaining.... Yeah there is alot of figer pointing and name calling around here, but no more than when i found this place a couple of years ago.

Something tells me there is more complaining going on behind the scenes and that's why the extra attention is is being focused on all of us who use this forum...
Old 07-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #149
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

I dont think Ive ever complained about anyone or any posts. Who is the person who is doing that
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #150
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I don't complain. I'm adult enough to realize what goes on in here.

But for some people, not being offended is the only freedom they do want.