The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 07:05 AM   #126
bombay
Ring of Famer

Israel will continue to cede moral authority that it paid for with blood until it begins to elect leaders who were not all formed in the cauldron of the pitched battles for its very existence. Leaders like Netanyahu continue to attempt to implement the only solutions which they know.

2 state solution is viable, although I fail to see how Gaza can possibly be carved out, so really it's just about the West Bank. Of course seeding the West Bank with hard right nut jobs, left to grow in isolation, was not a particularly farsighted maneuver, but it was never calculated as a political solution, just another military one.

External pressure will be applied by Europe as Israeli aggression continues to put pressure internally on Jews in those countries, as in France where it has already begun. Can't see that situation here where there is no countervailing politically powerful group to Jewish support of Israel. Any dissent to Israeli action would have to come from the left and from Jewish Americans themselves.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #127
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Israel will continue to cede moral authority that it paid for with blood until it begins to elect leaders who were not all formed in the cauldron of the pitched battles for its very existence. Leaders like Netanyahu continue to attempt to implement the only solutions which they know.

2 state solution is viable, although I fail to see how Gaza can possibly be carved out, so really it's just about the West Bank. Of course seeding the West Bank with hard right nut jobs, left to grow in isolation, was not a particularly farsighted maneuver, but it was never calculated as a political solution, just another military one.

External pressure will be applied by Europe as Israeli aggression continues to put pressure internally on Jews in those countries, as in France where it has already begun. Can't see that situation here where there is no countervailing politically powerful group to Jewish support of Israel. Any dissent to Israeli action would have to come from the left and from Jewish Americans themselves.
I can't imagine what the solution will be. It's becoming like the episode in Star Trek where one guy is black on one side and white on the other, and the other guy is the opposite, and they chase each other through the universe until one of them is dead. Even if cooler heads prevail and come up with a two state solution, I fear the extremists on both sides will continue to fight, no matter what. This has been going on my entire life, and before I was born. It's like a state version of the Hatfields and McCoys.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:04 AM   #128
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Religon ain't it wonderful....
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #129
Bronco Yoda

We need to talk about Israel

Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #130
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Why are people more pissed at Israel, then say Russia?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #131
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
That may be one of his funniest bits yet. Very funny lol.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #132
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'm all for cutting Israel off from freebies though. They have a strong economy from what i have read. I would still supply them weapons but they should be paying for them. I doubt they need our money anymore but we seem to think a give money to arabs, give money to Israel policy suits our interests.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #133
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'm all for cutting Israel off from freebies though. They have a strong economy from what i have read. I would still supply them weapons but they should be paying for them. I doubt they need our money anymore but we seem to think a give money to arabs, give money to Israel policy suits our interests.
NONE of them should be getting our tax dollars. We need to take care of our own and our own interests.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #134
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I can't imagine what the solution will be. It's becoming like the episode in Star Trek where one guy is black on one side and white on the other, and the other guy is the opposite, and they chase each other through the universe until one of them is dead.
I'm a Trek geek, and the episode was Let That Be Your Last Battlefield - a look at race relations in the late 20th century of Earth.

The two antagonists didn't die; they ended up back on their planet in which everyone else was dead in a global genocidal race war.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #135
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
NONE of them should be getting our tax dollars. We need to take care of our own and our own interests.
Obviously they feel it buys us influence and is in our interests.

What about the illegal kids costing money. Would that 4 billion Obama wants be better off spend on legal American kids?
Old 07-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #136
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Not really. It's simply because no American politician would ever think to stand up to AIPAC.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #137
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Not really. It's simply because no American politician would ever think to stand up to AIPAC.
So then we give to Israel we have to, but we give to other countries because it's in our interests. Whatever the point is spreading around printed dollars seems to be a way we bribe countries to stay on the dollar. Make tons of countries have a huge interest in keeping the dollar strong. You know China doesn't want them to plunge too far etc.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #138
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Default Palestinian toll exceeds 600

Norwegian Doctor writes from Gaza...

The last night was extreme. The “ground invasion” of Gaza resulted in scores and carloads with maimed, torn apart, bleeding, shivering, dying – all sorts of injured Palestinians, all ages, all civilians, all innocent.

The heroes in the ambulances and in all of Gaza’s hospitals are working 12-24 hour shifts, grey from fatigue and inhuman workloads (without payment all in Shifa for the last 4 months), they care, triage, try to understand the incomprehensible chaos of bodies, sizes, limbs, walking, not walking, breathing, not breathing, bleeding, not bleeding humans. HUMANS!
Now, once more treated like animals by “the most moral army in the world” (sic!).

My respect for the wounded is endless, in their contained determination in the midst of pain, agony and shock; my admiration for the staff and volunteers is endless, my closeness to the Palestinian “sumud” gives me strength, although in glimpses I just want to scream, hold someone tight, cry, smell the skin and hair of the warm child, covered in blood, protect ourselves in an endless embrace – but we cannot afford that, nor can they.

Ashy grey faces – Oh NO! Not one more load of tens of maimed and bleeding, we still have lakes of blood on the floor in the ER, piles of dripping, blood-soaked bandages to clear out – oh – the cleaners, everywhere, swiftly shovelling the blood and discarded tissues, hair, clothes,cannulas – the leftovers from death – all taken away … to be prepared again, to be repeated all over.

More then 100 cases came to Shifa in the last 24 hrs. Enough for a large well trained hospital with everything, but here – almost nothing: no electricity, water, disposables, drugs, OR-tables, instruments, monitors – all rusted and as if taken from museums of yesterday’s hospitals. But they do not complain, these heroes. They get on with it, like warriors, head on, enormously resolute.
And as I write these words to you, alone, on a bed, my tears flow, the warm but useless tears of pain and grief, of anger and fear. This is not happening! An then, just now, the orchestra of the Israeli war-machine starts its gruesome symphony again, just now: salvos of artillery from the navy boats just down on the shores, the roaring F16, the sickening drones and the cluttering Apaches. So much made in and paid by the US.

I invite you – spend one night – just one night – with us in Shifa. Disguised as a cleaner, maybe. I am convinced, 100%, it would change history.
Nobody with a heart AND power could ever walk away from a night in Shifa without being determined to end the slaughter of the Palestinian people.
But the heartless and merciless have done their calculations and planned another “dahyia” onslaught on Gaza.

The rivers of blood will keep running the coming night. I can hear they have tuned their instruments of death.

Please. Do what you can. This, THIS cannot continue.

Mads Gilbert MD PhD
Professor and Clinical Head
Clinic of Emergency Medicine
University Hospital of North Norway
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:59 PM   #139
Bronco Yoda

Just stop it already. Didn't you know that Israel is allowed to do whatever they want, to whomever they want, whenever they want..... and with OUR TAX MONEY. It says it all right there in the good book that's been mistranslated and rewritten a thousand times over. Didn't you get the Fox news memo.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #140
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Not all Jews support Israel. Read on. MHG

Jews for Justice in Palestine
"Racism And Colonialism Are Not Jewish Values"
Apparently they're MUSLIM values.

A right to a sovereign homeland is neither colonialism nor racism. If you want examples of that, feel free to peruse Islam's 1400 year history of colonialism, rape and theft.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #141
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Quote:
Just stop it already. Didn't you know that Israel is allowed to do whatever they want, to whomever they want, whenever they want..... and with OUR TAX MONEY. It says it all right there in the good book that's been mistranslated and rewritten a thousand times over. Didn't you get the Fox news memo.
ZOG?
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #142
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Default 690 dead Palestinians

Quote:
Why are people more pissed at Israel, then say Russia?
People are pissed at Russia too. There's a thread on the main page longer than this thread. It's just that Israel gets $8 million of our tax dollars each day. It's disturbing to see them using the fruits of our labor to pummel a dense population and slaughter innocent people that have nowhere to run. A child dies in Gaza every hour.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #143
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
People are pissed at Russia too. There's a thread on the main page longer than this thread. It's just that Israel gets $8 million of our tax dollars each day. It's disturbing to see them using the fruits of our labor to pummel a dense population and slaughter innocent people that have nowhere to run. A child dies in Gaza every hour.
Israel has a right to defend itself, but they've gone too far. The real problem, as I see it, is that extremists on both sides believe in a military solution. It will never happen. Hasn't anybody figured that out yet? Look at the world events of the last fifty years? Look at the U.S. in Afghanistan and Iraq, not to mention Vietnam. I don't care how big your military is, you can't beat an insurgency. Not even if you try and go scorched earth.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:28 AM   #144
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I meant more like all the journalists? A bunch got suspended etc etc because they tweeted things like EVIL BASTARDS lol. Oh and by the way how long a thread goes isn't an indicator of how pissed people are. That only measures interest and whether or not someone asks for dating advice.

By the way if the b**** don't put out by the 43rd date should I stop paying her rent?
Old 07-24-2014, 02:33 AM   #145
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Israel has a right to defend itself, but they've gone too far. The real problem, as I see it, is that extremists on both sides believe in a military solution. It will never happen. Hasn't anybody figured that out yet? Look at the world events of the last fifty years? Look at the U.S. in Afghanistan and Iraq, not to mention Vietnam. I don't care how big your military is, you can't beat an insurgency. Not even if you try and go scorched earth.
Do you really think Israel plans on winning?

I doubt it. Most likely the plan is go in and weaken Hamas. Make them use up hardened fighters, weapons, tunnels, safe houses etc. You know thin them out, blow up stockpiles of explosives and at the same time show that unlike a lot of countries you are willing to go to war and fight.

Say what you want but all the Arab countries take note and say to themselves we better think long and hard about funding attacks in anyway on Israel. Why? because they know they will send some jets with big ass bombs on them.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #146
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

I doubt it. Most likely the plan is go in and weaken Hamas. Make them use up hardened fighters, weapons, tunnels, safe houses etc. You know thin them out, blow up stockpiles of explosives and at the same time show that unlike a lot of countries you are willing to go to war and fight.

Say what you want but all the Arab countries take note and say to themselves we better think long and hard about funding attacks in anyway on Israel. Why? because they know they will send some jets with big ass bombs on them.
In other words, the military solution, also known as: I've got a hammer, ergo every problem is a nail. Won't work. Hasn't worked for seventy years. Won't work now. The solution will be diplomatic and political.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #147
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post

>>>A right to a sovereign homeland...<<<
"Sovereign homeland?"

L0L.

You're one history-revising mofo.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #148
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Have neither the time nor the stomach to sift through the entire thread, but let me take a wild guess: The rightard position is that anyone who objects to what Israel is doing right now is an "anti-Semite," right?
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #149
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...6ed_story.html

It's not so much about 'winning' as about making sure the fight happens on their streets instead of yours. Needless to say, if Hamas were building hostage tunnels into their own neighborhoods, our resident panaceans would strike a remarkably different tone.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #150
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
"Sovereign homeland?"

L0L.

You're one history-revising mofo.

History lesson of the day. Never start a war of annihilation against your enemy and lose.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote