The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #126
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
That depends on what you mean by wrong. If you are implying morality to it then I disagree but if you mean that they are being applied correctly then yes, I don't see how anyone could argue that.
I'm saying that every country has immigration laws. Why shouldn't we stand up for ours? We gave millions amnesty in the '80s. All that did is encourage millions more to come. If we give another ten million amnesty, in ten years there will be millions more. On the other hand, NAFTA has a lot to do with creating the refugees that are being driven north by economic need.

It seems to be the same theme America plays all over the world. We play at empire and have to continually deal with the blowback. Maybe it's time we stopped playing at empire?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #127
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm saying that every country has immigration laws. Why shouldn't we stand up for ours? We gave millions amnesty in the '80s. All that did is encourage millions more to come. If we give another ten million amnesty, in ten years there will be millions more. On the other hand, NAFTA has a lot to do with creating the refugees that are being driven north by economic need.

It seems to be the same theme America plays all over the world. We play at empire and have to continually deal with the blowback. Maybe it's time we stopped playing at empire?
There is no amnesty. Paying a fine,getting to the back of the line,learning English is not amnesty.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #128
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
There is no amnesty. Paying a fine,getting to the back of the line,learning English is not amnesty.
Getting to the back of the line figuratively while staying in the country literally, is amnesty. There are thousands of people from every country on Earth who go through the U.S. immigration process and are sworn in as citizens every year. Why should proximity create a special privilege for those who want to ignore our laws? And fines? That's ridiculous. All that encourages is somebody to raise the money for the fine and then head north in the secure knowledge that if they're caught, they can pay for the inside track. We need to simply state, these are our immigration laws. Follow them, or you'll be deported. Same for everybody. Besides, the best place for these kids to be is with their parents, not moving among barracks for two years.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #129
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Getting to the back of the line figuratively while staying in the country literally, is amnesty. There are thousands of people from every country on Earth who go through the U.S. immigration process and are sworn in as citizens every year. Why should proximity create a special privilege for those who want to ignore our laws? And fines? That's ridiculous. All that encourages is somebody to raise the money for the fine and then head north in the secure knowledge that if they're caught, they can pay for the inside track. We need to simply state, these are our immigration laws. Follow them, or you'll be deported. Same for everybody. Besides, the best place for these kids to be is with their parents, not moving among barracks for two years.
Please tell how you plan on herding 11-12 million plus undocumented immigrants over the border into Mexico?....it is not going to happen.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #130
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
How long do they get? Where do they live in the meantime Mexico or here? How much is the fine? These are big questions.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #131
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Please tell how you plan on herding 11-12 million plus undocumented immigrants over the border into Mexico?....it is not going to happen.
Easier then teaching them English, getting a big fine from them, and passing the citizenship test.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #132
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

How much would it cost to teach English to 11 million illegal mexicans, then try and get a fine collected from them all?

Funny we worry about Mexicans so much but no one cares about Syrian refugees and now a bunch of Palestinians having homes blown up because Obama failed to be a leader in the mideast.

Peace wants to teach them English, grab a fine from them lol. Give me a break the only English liberals care they learn is Democrat = good.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #133
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
How long do they get? Where do they live in the meantime Mexico or here? How much is the fine? These are big questions.
Not really. It's all addressed in the bipartisan immigration reform bill passed by senate a year ago.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #134
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
How much would it cost to teach English to 11 million illegal mexicans, then try and get a fine collected from them all?

Funny we worry about Mexicans so much but no one cares about Syrian refugees and now a bunch of Palestinians having homes blown up because Obama failed to be a leader in the mideast.

Peace wants to teach them English, grab a fine from them lol. Give me a break the only English liberals care they learn is Democrat = good.
Yeah it's Obamas fault Israel/Palestine have been lobbing bombs at each other for decades.

Anyway it's not hard to learn a language and the bulk of immigrants know how to speak English.
It's not Mexican children that are a part of the current crisis at the border.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #135
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Anyway it's not hard to learn a language and the bulk of immigrants know how to speak English.
Got any facts/statistics to back that up?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #136
slick7
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Got any facts/statistics to back that up?
Really. The people crossing the border can't even read and write their own language let alone learn English.
slick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #137
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick7 View Post
Really. The people crossing the border can't even read and write their own language let alone learn English.
Pookie, I am seeking refuge where you are at. HELP ME.

HEUVOS LOCOS.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #138
slick7
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Pookie, I am seeking refuge where you are at. HELP ME.

HEUVOS LOCOS.
Lol.

You should see some of the text messages my boat captains send. I can read and write better than those fools and I've only been here 7 years.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:22 PM   #139
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I'll tell you one thing, if our government can't stop the partisan bull**** and step up and deal with this crisis quickly and humanely, this first wave will be like the ripples before the tsunami. If they allow all these kids to stay here for two or three years, game ovah.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:37 PM   #140
slick7
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'll tell you one thing, if our government can't stop the partisan bull**** and step up and deal with this crisis quickly and humanely, this first wave will be like the ripples before the tsunami. If they allow all these kids to stay here for two or three years, game ovah.
Yeah. 5 and a half years of gridlock is pretty frustrating and the consequences could be severe.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #141
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #142
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:07 AM   #143
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Meanwhile, government in Guatemala is complaining about the waves of illegal immigrant American children fleeing Chicago.

I kid Chicago. I love 'em.

BTW, does anybody wonder how these kids are making it through Mexico? Mexico has very strict immigration laws, which they are choosing not to enforce. They seem to be letting the trains just run right through, no questions asked.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:07 PM   #144
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Meanwhile, government in Guatemala is complaining about the waves of illegal immigrant American children fleeing Chicago.

I kid Chicago. I love 'em.

BTW, does anybody wonder how these kids are making it through Mexico? Mexico has very strict immigration laws, which they are choosing not to enforce. They seem to be letting the trains just run right through, no questions asked.
The drug cartels. They charge thousands per person. It also is a tactical advantage for the cartel to flood the border, distracting border patrol from intercepting drug shipments.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #145
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
The drug cartels. They charge thousands per person. It also is a tactical advantage for the cartel to flood the border, distracting border patrol from intercepting drug shipments.
Part of it is that Mexico is letting kids from central America travel across Mexico to get to the US border.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #146
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Yeah it's Obamas fault Israel/Palestine have been lobbing bombs at each other for decades.

Kids born to immigrant parents do well learning English but i doubt those stats hold for border hoppers.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #147
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Old 07-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #148
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Cruz is still promoting his bull**** on Fox like an infomercial.

Don't ever criticize anyone for their 'news source,' you' just hit the jackpot of bull****.....again!
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #149
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's BS that the govt makes it seem like it's just children. The rise in whole family units coming across is up just as much.

Also the 2008 law was supposed to deal with trafficking, not children who are traveling by paying mules to smuggle them, or the families are, whatever.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #150
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

All Cruz is saying is the same thing the radical Right has been saying for years: Do what we say or we'll block you from doing anything.