The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > The Horses Butt
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #51
FRCDFED
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxman View Post
I know there have been a lot of people asking where would this team be without Manning. Up until recently I still thought we were a pretty good team (maybe .500 or slightly better) with a decent QB (maybe Brock is going to be worthy of the high pick invested in him).

NOW...I think we are probably worse than a .500 ball club without PFM. He is just that good and our DEF, ST and coaching has been exposed.

So, maybe it is similar to Shanahan who I among many others believe that Elway and TD made him look smarter than he was at GM/coach. It also wasn't a SB caliber team until we brought in some DEF help in Alfred Williams and Neil Smith to bring the pressure that may have helped average at best players like Tyrone Braxton play better.

Could it be that PFM is the reason Elway is so widely regarded around the league as a "great" GM? That was a masterful signing and he deserves all the kudos for bringing Peyton here. If you are going to build a Championship team you need a QB leader. But it is fair to look deeper at this roster and see all the holes on defense (at every position DL, LB, DB and S) and he rightly deserves some blame for having what appears to be a bottom 5 or 10 defense. They just aren't that good and will most likely prevent a Super Bowl victory for us.
Bringing PM to Denver was a smart move that has obviously translated into wins. However, it would have only been considered a MASTERFUL move if he could've done so while convincing fivehead to sign for a significantly lower cap number to help the team. Specifically, your defense. Something in the range of Tom Brady money. Fivehead wouldn't/didn't do that so he and Elway should both shoulder the blame equally when Denver falls short of a championship.
FRCDFED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #52
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yeah, in his third year of taking this team from 4-12, Elway hasn't produced the '85 Chicago Bears.
Instead he's produced an offense that is better than the 1999 Rams.

And I was going to say before it was pointed out - the criticism against Elway Wolf is hearing is from Wolf.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #53
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

I can't believe I am dignifying this thread. But screw it, it will allow me to waste valuable company time on a Friday.

We get a couple of days to heal up. Get our boo-boo's some treatment, etc., the guys get to hang with their families a bit.

We have two extremely winnable games to get back on track, and I would be hard pressed to think the 'Pats are gonna run the table. Matter of fact, I could see them not only losing to the 'Phins but to the Ravens as well. I know, we can't rely on other teams to take care of our sh-t, but this is a very plausible scenario. Just breathe my bruthas and sistas...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #54
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRCDFED View Post
Bringing PM to Denver was a smart move that has obviously translated into wins. However, it would have only been considered a MASTERFUL move if he could've done so while convincing fivehead to sign for a significantly lower cap number to help the team. Specifically, your defense. Something in the range of Tom Brady money. Fivehead wouldn't/didn't do that so he and Elway should both shoulder the blame equally when Denver falls short of a championship.
That's a fair point. Hard to blame PFM though--he is the biggest reason we at least have a well above .500 record. Just sucks when you win 13 games and can't get it done when in counts in Jan/Feb.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #55
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
ugh
Seriously Wolf754life, you're being called out as dishonest here dude and with your history of negativity we'd hope you can at least support your claims.

You said NFL Circles are starting to criticism Elway before this game was even 10 minutes old! That's fine but let's see it in print or if this is all just a jerk off then better to just disappear . You also make reference to 'I'm told this is similar to Shanahan ...' as if you have the ears of NFL insiders, that's cool, why not elaborate and restore your believability here?

Last edited by Hulamau; 12-13-2013 at 07:22 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #56
FRCDFED
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxman View Post
That's a fair point. Hard to blame PFM though--he is the biggest reason we at least have a well above .500 record. Just sucks when you win 13 games and can't get it done when in counts in Jan/Feb.
He has definately managed to put up record breaking numbers on offense this season. Just like everything else, NFL defenses will eventually figure it out and come calling. Even the undefeated Brady led Patriots met their match in the SB.
FRCDFED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #57
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
NFL circles are now starting to talk about John Elway and his ability to not assemble a quality defense.

I'm told it is similar to the knock on Mike Shannahan

It looks like the Del Rio hire may have been a bad one, and the lack of depth on the defense is quite literally going to cost the broncos any shot at a superbowl

He is being roundly questioned on Paris Lenon, Omar Bolden, Sylvester Williams.

Rodgers Cromartie is a still a plus, but there is lots of skepticism about his ability to build a balanced roster.
Link or it never happened. I've heard nothing about this, and Elway has done a good job. Made some good signings, made some bad signings, it's the nature of the beast. No one gets it right 100% of the time, 100% of the time. **** happens, it's just how it is.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #58
Meck77

And the Omane sheep fall for the wolfs troll trap again....

Hey wolf here's an idea. Go **** yourself troll.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #59
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
My biggest criticism of Elway is that he hired John Fox. That's when our ceiling was permanently lowered just below greatness (read titles). Everything else is simply the natural result of that.
lol at how stupid this post is.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #60
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
My biggest criticism of Elway is that he hired John Fox. That's when our ceiling was permanently lowered just below greatness (read titles). Everything else is simply the natural result of that.
It was either Fox or Dennison hardly exciting choices
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #61
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Jesus Christ he took over a 4-12 team and made three straight playoffs and you're nitpicking over a few moves he missed on

Unreal
No doubt
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #62
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
NFL circles are now starting to talk about John Elway and his ability to not assemble a quality defense.

It looks like the Del Rio hire may have been a bad one, and the lack of depth on the defense is quite literally going to cost the broncos any shot at a superbowl.

Quote:
That's so cute.

Both Ag/Wolfe are in sync with their monthly cycles.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #63
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRCDFED View Post
He has definately managed to put up record breaking numbers on offense this season. Just like everything else, NFL defenses will eventually figure it out and come calling. Even the undefeated Brady led Patriots met their match in the SB.
Is this some KC fan a-hole?

How can anyone criticize Elway for bringing in manning. WEVE BEEN WINNING!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #64
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

It looks like the Del Rio hire may have been a bad one, and the lack of depth on the defense is quite literally going to cost the broncos any shot at a superbowl

He is being roundly questioned on Paris Lenon, Omar Bolden, Sylvester Williams.

Rodgers Cromartie is a still a plus, but there is lots of skepticism about his ability to build a balanced roster.
Show us some links and don't be Luigi giving us your opinion. I just finished watching the game so wasn't here last night. I am sure you trolled hardcore during and after the game since you had only 2 posts since in the last few weeks.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #65
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
It was either Fox or Dennison hardly exciting choices
Could have been Ron Rivera.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #66
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

This message is hidden because wolf754life is a big of a troll as SoCal.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #67
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
This message is hidden because wolf754life is a big, stinky doodoo head.
FYP
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #68
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Maybe he should get the talking circles even more talkative and bring in ****ing Kerry Rhodes.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #69
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

is there a team that has near the record we have this year that has had as much roster turnover as us?
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #70
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

Most teams now days play crappy defense. I probably have watched more NFL games than just about anybody this season and only about 4 teams have a defense that doesn't suck.
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #71
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
is there a team that has near the record we have this year that has had as much roster turnover as us?
Yes, as much as I hate them, the Patriots have probably been hit worse.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #72
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Still waiting on mods to force Wolf to provide proof of "NFL inside circles" or ban his ass.

Doesn't it seem that TJ might have told mods that these type of trolls are good for the Mane for advertising purposes? I would have no idea what these types of lying threads makes the Mane look good to the fans out there.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #73
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

bringing PFM to denver , AT THE VERY LEAST, provided JFE with an exit strategy for the TEBOW CIRCUS!!
that alone was worth the move
PFM has been great, and JFE has been oustanding in creating a contender from the rubble left in the wake of JMCD !
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #74
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Aside from having a lay up draft pick (Von Miller) in potentially the best top heavy draft in NFL history and picking up a QB with money, what else has Elway done?

You're going to find out just how good Elway's GM skills are in a year or two when Manning hangs em up. The Broncos wouldn't even be at .500 with an average QB right now.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #75
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Aside from having a lay up draft pick (Von Miller) in potentially the best top heavy draft in NFL history and picking up a QB with money, what else has Elway done?

You're going to find out just how good Elway's GM skills are in a year or two when Manning hangs em up. The Broncos wouldn't even be at .500 with an average QB right now.
Until last night I might have argued with you but now you are correct (earlier today I even posted that we probably aren't a .500 team without PFM).

Elway was one of the most competitive players to ever play the game (or any game for that matter) so I truly like him in the front office. We will see what he is made of for sure.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote