The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #101
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Broncos will cut Moreno before McGahee, it's not all about the money all the time.
Need I remind you McGahee's 32 and coming off a broken leg? He would likely be the oldest running back in the NFL.
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #102
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
I think McGahee and Moreno are gone this year. We'll probably carry Montee Ball as our starter, Hillman as the backup change of pace guy, and I think Mario Fannin beats out lance ball to be the 3rd rb.
McGahee, I agree. I think Moreno sticks, and I do not understand the obsession with Fannin. He hasn't shown anything on the field yet. But I would love to be rid of Lance Ball.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #103
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rother8 View Post
Need I remind you McGahee's 32 and coming off a broken leg? He would likely be the oldest running back in the NFL.
He's still the best RB on the team and he's a veteran that can really help Ball understand the game. He's a great presence in the locker room too. Sure, he's had some injuries but so has Moreno.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #104
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
But the money is a big factor. And Moreno is also younger and played pretty well down the stretch last year. Since Ball is going to be the primary back and Hillman probably the second option it would make sense to keep the younger, cheaper backup behind them.
I think it makes more sense the keep McGahee because of his veteran leadership and the fact that when he plays he's productive.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #105
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Moreno's contract is probably his doom. I really don't think the Broncos are going to be willing to pay him 3.5 mil.
Moreno and Mcgahee both cost 2.5 million in terms of cash this year and I believe there would be a cap savings of about 2 million for cutting either one. I think Moreno sticks around because of his ability to play the pass and age.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #106
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i don't really see the Broncos cutting either. no reason to, both have injury concerns and Ball should be the guy but he needs a solid vet back up in case he isn't ready for full time duty.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #107
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Attachment 32274

Montee Ball runs into pimpin' Bowlen in the break room

Attachment 32275

Montee checking out the Hardware

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...3-ec2143bb033c

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-18-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #108
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Montee.

I think this was HUGE for us.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #109
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

i loved the pick before, i love it even more now. he is going to be a beast.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #110
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Well at least Pat put on some pants to meet the rooks.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #111
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Montee.

I think this was HUGE for us.
AGREE. Dude has a wicked jump step, that he absolutely breaks opposing defenders ankles with. Great change of direction, vision, power and open field running ability. Sweet spin move, and is an all around great dude.
Love it. Love the 1st 2 picks.
DO NOT LIKE ALFORD going to ATL.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #112
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

"They're going to need a bigger case."
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #113
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
AGREE. Dude has a wicked jump step, that he absolutely breaks opposing defenders ankles with. Great change of direction, vision, power and open field running ability. Sweet spin move, and is an all around great dude.
Love it. Love the 1st 2 picks.
DO NOT LIKE ALFORD going to ATL.
It wont surprise me one bit if Alford beats Trufant out for a starting role.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #114
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
It wont surprise me one bit if Alford beats Trufant out for a starting role.
Either way, they have a lethal secondary, and a really good team.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #115
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

My favorite Montee Ball full game video so far...

BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #116
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Well at least Pat put on some pants to meet the rooks.
What makes you think he put them on?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #117
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Is Pat Bowlen the pimpiest owner the NFL has ever seen? I think so....

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #118
NorCalBronco7

Admittedly not the biggest college football fan around, Ive been watching as many games as I can of Ball. First thing I notice is hes great between the tackles. If he can translate that to the NFL and how the Broncos ran the ball last season, hes going to be an absolutely perfect fit.

Second thing I notice is his size. Hes seems a bit smallish to me. I dont see him trucking fools left and right on a consistent basis in the NFL, although I might be severely underestimating his power.

Third is Balls vision. My god! It unbelievable. Theres something special there. This part of Balls games reminds me of TD, but honestly the comparisons end there imo.

The last big thing I noticed was his pass protection. He needs to get better. I heard Mayock say it when he was drafted and Im sure you've all seen it, but Ball needs to square up more and quit turning to his side to make the block.

Overall, very pumped hes a Bronco. I dont think he'll be a world beater but Im guessing hes going to be consistent as hell and a player we can all count on when the 3-1 or goaline comes around. Maybe he'll even catch some passes here and there and impress us.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #119
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
Admittedly not the biggest college football fan around, Ive been watching as many games as I can of Ball. First thing I notice is hes great between the tackles. If he can translate that to the NFL and how the Broncos ran the ball last season, hes going to be an absolutely perfect fit.

Second thing I notice is his size. Hes seems a bit smallish to me. I dont see him trucking fools left and right on a consistent basis in the NFL, although I might be severely underestimating his power.

Third is Balls vision. My god! It unbelievable. Theres something special there. This part of Balls games reminds me of TD, but honestly the comparisons end there imo.

The last big thing I noticed was his pass protection. He needs to get better. I heard Mayock say it when he was drafted and Im sure you've all seen it, but Ball needs to square up more and quit turning to his side to make the block.

Overall, very pumped hes a Bronco. I dont think he'll be a world beater but Im guessing hes going to be consistent as hell and a player we can all count on when the 3-1 or goaline comes around. Maybe he'll even catch some passes here and there and impress us.
i wouldn't say he's small. 5-10 214 is pretty good size. he's been bigger before but lacked burst when he was.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #120
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
My favorite Montee Ball full game video so far...

at 2:30 he decimates some kid.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:23 AM   #121
extralife
Ring of Famer

the main thing I noticed from that video is that he carried the ball roughly 100 times
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #122
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Montee Ball changed his mind several times about going back to college, even during the drive to the press conference to announce his decision. He began to doubt his decision after so many bad things were happening to him before his senior season even began, and then they lost the first game to Oregon State. He spent the plane ride home thinking about his teammates in the NFL making millions and wondering again if he made the right decision.

No Fairy-Tale Endings: Montee Ball's Senior Year (long read)
Great read, there is no doubt in my mind that we got the best overall RB in the draft for our team, and the most suited by far to fit in with our style of play with our personnel. Meshes perfectly with Hillman as well, but Montee is very capable of being a mostly 3 down back and Hillman will be used to mix it up and not wear Ball down.

He will have far superior blocking than he had his last year and with Manning and our passing game it could get ridiculous!

Very fluid runner with very soft hands. I doubt it will take him long to become proficient in pass blocking either and from all reports he is more than willing in that department.

Am thrilled we landed him and it could turn out to be the steal of the draft even with a low 2nd round pick!

What's great too about this article, all those questions he would obviously have had about whether he made the right decision staying his senior year after all his top teammates and coaches left before the 2012 season and after getting attacked by 5 guys and given a concussion. ... He now can see it all happened for the best!

Instead of getting stuck on some suck wad team with a little higher draft pick in last years draft, he goes to an elite team with Manning at QB and a stout Oline where he doesn't have to carry the whole show! Not only that, it's his very favorite team of all time where he will be totally inspired to emulate and excel as his idol, TD's, new clone ... great news for all of us!

Last edited by Hulamau; 04-30-2013 at 03:31 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #123
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Shaun Alexander had 64 carries for 313 yards and 2 TDs his rookie season.
He backed up a STUD RB in Ricky Watters his first year...
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #124
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think it makes more sense the keep McGahee because of his veteran leadership and the fact that when he plays he's productive.
Bingo.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #125
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Both McGahee and Moreno got injured last season....but the fact they were 1-2 on the depth chart says a lot.....I know Moreno was inactive for most of season but the bottom line is that when McGahee went down, it was Moreno they inserted into lineup.

The Broncos aren't desperate to save $$$....and we all agree we only need one guy with the last name Ball playing RB....so Lance will be the odd man out as he's a good soldier but an average RB.

The Broncos will keep McGahee, Moreno, Montee, and Hillman which despite their flaws (real or imagined) gives us a pretty solid RB corps regardless of what anyone thinks

And since Bowlen is broke, he'll make Montee wear #35, so he doesn't have to pay for another jersey to be made, and fans can keep their Lance Ball jerseys (if anyone even bought one)

Last edited by errand; 05-01-2013 at 08:06 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote