The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #51
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Alot of fluff going around these forums for this year's draft... Frankly I'm seeing this draft as bad as Jarvin Moss' or McD's tradeup for a 5'8 CB year. Just terrible from top to bottom!
What is with you guys b****ing just to b****. We got what we wanted. Sure like everyone on this board we have personal wants in the draft, but as a fan it is more fun to get excited at what enticed the guys in charge of our Broncos, rather than whine like a b**** with a skinned knee
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #52
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,849

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
We passed on Eddie Lacy
Cannot stay healthy. Ball is more reliable and productive. Not to mention well over 900 carries and only two fumbles. That is great ball security.

The only pick that I didn't like was the Webster pick. But I am definitely in wait and see mode. We have some pretty good scouts and if they think he can play and is coachable, I am happy to wait and see how it plays out.

I wasn't thrilled with Wolfe last year... Seems like they made the right call there as well!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #53
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OR
Posts: 1,961

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
We passed on Eddie Lacy
So did 32 teams. Most of them twice...
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #54
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Cannot stay healthy. Ball is more reliable and productive. Not to mention well over 900 carries and only two fumbles. That is great ball security.

The only pick that I didn't like was the Webster pick. But I am definitely in wait and see mode. We have some pretty good scouts and if they think he can play and is coachable, I am happy to wait and see how it plays out.

I wasn't thrilled with Wolfe last year... Seems like they made the right call there as well!
That right there might be his greatest stat. Just amazing, and welcome too!
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #55
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,896

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

He reminds me of both TD and Marshall Faulk. He hits the hole like both of those guys.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #56
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Sammy never gets any love.
This^

In his nine seasons, Winder rushed for 5,427 yards and 39 touchdowns, while also catching 197 passes for 1,302 yards and 9 touchdowns. Made the Pro Bowl twice, and his TD on a screen pass gave us the margin of victory in the 1987 season's AFCCG over Cleveland. He was also known for his signature touchdown celebration he called the "Mississippi Mud Walk"
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #57
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
If you are going to make such an inflammatory statement, you need to back it up.

Who is this year's Jarvis Moss, and why do you make the comparison? Is it Sly Williams, and if so, why?

What transaction compares to the Alphonzo Smith debacle? The Webster pick? Really?

Honestly, I want to know. Please elaborate. What are all of us missing that you seem to know?
I believe I can sum it up in one sentence (and this applies to everyone who bashes the draft)

"....they didn't pick the guys I liked"

that's all it is.......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #58
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I believe I can sum it up in one sentence (and this applies to everyone who bashes the draft)

"....they didn't pick the guys I liked"

that's all it is.......
Well, you are probably right, and maybe I am just asking too much, but this place would be a much better place if we all stuck to constructive criticism instead of knee-jerk "this draft sucks" kind of comments.

The post I responded to could have easily been made by go_dip****; and I am not sure the poster intended to be held in such "high esteem".
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #59
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,118

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Well, you are probably right, and maybe I am just asking too much, but this place would be a much better place if we all stuck to constructive criticism instead of knee-jerk "this draft sucks" kind of comments.

The post I responded to could have easily been made by go_dip****; and I am not sure the poster intended to be held in such "high esteem".
I notice Rectum has left the room. Clearly he did not garner the attention his Meth Wolf skit rendered a year removed.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #60
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,757

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
It's been a long time since we've had an elite back... would be nice to have one again
They say Kim Kardashian has an elite back.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #61
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
They say Kim Kardashian has an elite back.
Yes, but bad knees from overuse. If you know what I mean.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #62
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,757

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Would not bang.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #63
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,118

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
They say Kim Kardashian has an elite back.
http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/ki...l8nAj8vQFa9oAQ
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #64
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,198

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Go here to view his 2011 highlights and tell me he doesnt look like TD!! He has a LOT of TD plus his own assests. The guy has incredible vision.

This 2011 season with Russell Wilson will be much more like what we can expect with him here Manning, our passing attack and our Oline. In 2011 the college defenses could not stack 8 to 9 in the box solely to try to stop Montee as they did in 2012 when they had no passing game and he was the SOLE offense and still he averaged 5.1yrd/carry and got 22 rushing TDs!

Man this getting goose bump time envisioning what this kid can do once he makes that speed adjustment to the NFL. Incredible vision and very light on his feet..

Tell me his whole body language and leg movement doesn't look one hell of a lot like TD!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jiBN...be.GDNRQCCxlJw
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #65
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Can we talk about how good he looks catching the ball? Smooth, natural. Excited to see this kid play. I say we roll with Ball, Hillman, Moreno, McGahee. Seems like the coaches are down on Moreno, but he has a very useful skillset (try and tell me that his TD catch against the Ravens wasn't sick).

Last edited by Inkana7; 04-28-2013 at 03:52 PM..
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #66
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Go here to view his 2011 highlights and tell me he doesnt look like TD!! He has a LOT of TD plus his own assests. The guy has incredible vision.

This 2011 season with Russell Wilson will be much more like what we can expect with him here Manning, our passing attack and our Oline. In 2011 the college defenses could not stack 8 to 9 in the box solely to try to stop Montee as they did in 2012 when they had no passing game and he was the SOLE offense and still he averaged 5.1yrd/carry and got 22 rushing TDs!

Man this getting goose bump time envisioning what this kid can do once he makes that speed adjustment to the NFL. Incredible vision and very light on his feet..

Tell me his whole body language and leg movement doesn't look one hell of a lot like TD!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jiBN...be.GDNRQCCxlJw
Wow, he certainly has TD's vision & style, for sure. However, and at the risk of sacrilege, he looks a bit faster, and has tremendous strength. I have a feeling Broncos fans are going to love watching this guy, starting this year!
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #67
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,757

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Can we talk about how good he looks catching the ball? Smooth, natural. Excited to see this kid play. I say we roll with Ball, Hillman, Moreno, McGahee. Seems like the coaches are down on Moreno, but he has a very useful skillset (try and tell me that his TD catch against the Ravens wasn't sick).
I think we could very well carry a total of five backs: M.Ball, Mcgahee, Moreno, Hilman, and Hester to play FB/ST.

RB by committee while M.Ball develops this year, and spell him with Hilman next year, assuming Moreno goes to contract and McGahee retires.

I really think that if we lose anyone (other than L.Ball), it will be McGahee.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #68
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Can we talk about how good he looks catching the ball? Smooth, natural. Excited to see this kid play. I say we roll with Ball, Hillman, Moreno, McGahee. Seems like the coaches are down on Moreno, but he has a very useful skillset (try and tell me that his TD catch against the Ravens wasn't sick).
Agreed! I wasn't expecting that either. In addition to us fans, I think PM will love this guy!

Unfortunately, I also think McGahee is in trouble. If Ball can show he can pass-protect early, there is no reason to keep him, as I think Moreno & Hillman bring a complimentary skill set.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #69
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

I'm ok with cutting ties with McGahee, but with two really young backs, I wouldn't mind having a guy like Willis there to show them the ropes. It's not like he wasn't playing well (fumbles aside..) before he got hurt.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #70
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Rev,

Not only did Wisconsin send Ralph Wilson to the NFL in the 3rd rd... Ball also lost the following to the NFL last year.

Kevin Zeitler G 1st rd
Peter Konz C 2nd rd
Nick Toon WR 4th rd
Brady Ewing FB 5th round

Wisconsin and Ball lost a lot of talent last year to the NFL draft, Montee was still able to pull off big numbers losing 5 players to the NFL.
Montee Ball changed his mind several times about going back to college, even during the drive to the press conference to announce his decision. He began to doubt his decision after so many bad things were happening to him before his senior season even began, and then they lost the first game to Oregon State. He spent the plane ride home thinking about his teammates in the NFL making millions and wondering again if he made the right decision.

No Fairy-Tale Endings: Montee Ball's Senior Year (long read)
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #71
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,118

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

We need to keep Willis until the point Ball and Hilman have shown they can handle the load and even then he should be kept on the roster for the rest of the season.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #72
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Monte Ball is going to be an absolute STUD. For those who have made the effort to follow college football and who still have reservations about him, may I suggest a free eye exam? For those of you who haven't/don't follow college football, your opinions are irrelevant.

http://localeyeexam.com/free-eye-exam/
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #73
txtebow
WARRIOR
 
Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Big D
Posts: 1,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default

Hillman is GARBAGE. Running backs either thrive right away or don't; the ones that don't SELDOM if ever develop into starting RB's.........See -knowsho
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #74
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Hillman is GARBAGE. Running backs either thrive right away or don't; the ones that don't SELDOM if ever develop into starting RB's.........See -knowsho
Shaun Alexander had 64 carries for 313 yards and 2 TDs his rookie season.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #75
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,285
Default

Surprised nobody's made any Ray Rice comparisons.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Denver Broncos