The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #126
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
It's strange that the two cousins have never met, after all this time...
i have a cousin who is a year younger than me and is named after me and we've never met.
so it's not that strange in a bigger family.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #127
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I bet this line up could have beaten last year's kFc team 2 out of 3 times.

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #128
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Broncos won the bidding war for McCray.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...oining-broncos

A bonus linebacker.A bidding competition for undrafted rookie Lerentee McCray after the NFL draft led the Broncos to eventually give the Florida linebacker a $17,000 signing bonus. They gave undrafted defensive back Chris Harris a mere $2,000 bonus two years ago, and now Harris is a key contributor.
McCray is believed to have received the largest signing bonus among Broncos undrafted rookies since the Mike Shanahan era routinely handed out $20,000 bonuses.
Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and St. Louis were among the teams that showed interest in McCray.
At 6-foot-2 and 250 pounds, McCray is a bit of a tweener between outside linebacker and defensive end. He showed enough pass-rushing athleticism to receive predraft projections as a fifth-round outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense. The Broncos play a 4-3 defense. McCray went undrafted in large part because shoulder and ankle injuries hindered his development at Florida.

Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #129
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ Just saw that. You get the feeling the Broncos like this kid. Here's another note on him:

Quote:
I know of two teams that had a high fifth-round grade on McCray, who likely would have been drafted had a shoulder injury not kept him out of the combine workouts. He also passed on Florida's first pro day in March to wait a little longer to heal.

He eventually worked out March 22, in a workout that included Gators defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd, and the Patriots had a private workout with him the day after that pro day.
Read more: NFL draft's end sparks instant "chaos" for teams targeting free agents - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2SEktOjUQ
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #130
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver724 View Post
Broncos won the bidding war for McCray.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...oining-broncos

A bonus linebacker.A bidding competition for undrafted rookie Lerentee McCray after the NFL draft led the Broncos to eventually give the Florida linebacker a $17,000 signing bonus. They gave undrafted defensive back Chris Harris a mere $2,000 bonus two years ago, and now Harris is a key contributor.
McCray is believed to have received the largest signing bonus among Broncos undrafted rookies since the Mike Shanahan era routinely handed out $20,000 bonuses.
Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and St. Louis were among the teams that showed interest in McCray.
At 6-foot-2 and 250 pounds, McCray is a bit of a tweener between outside linebacker and defensive end. He showed enough pass-rushing athleticism to receive predraft projections as a fifth-round outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense. The Broncos play a 4-3 defense. McCray went undrafted in large part because shoulder and ankle injuries hindered his development at Florida.

Von's new back up you say?
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #131
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

$17,000 wins bidding war wow the other teams must have really wanted him?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #132
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

It's be great if McCray pans out. Sounds like a guy with a lot of upside but he has just not been healthy. I like the fact that Elway is spending money on another defensive UDFA.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote