The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #26
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Draft a stud MLB and let them fight it out in camp, it wouldn't hurt to have an extra LB as they are needed on special teams
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #27
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
eh, Brown should be there. but after the last MLB from KSU i'm kind of skeptical on drafting him. Pierce's bomb out makes me cynical of KSU.
Granted Brown is a nice talent.
Does it really? A linebacker from 10 years ago? Who cares.

What scares me more about Brown is that I think he often gets flushed out when you run at him (at least from what I watched). Which is not a very good quality for a middle linebacker to have. Great sideline to sideline, but for those who hated seeing Joe Mays take bad angles on up the gut plays, i dont think you're gonna be pleased with Brown.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #28
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Mauti would be a very nice 5th round pick. He could be a contingency plan if they are going to give Irving a chance to compete for the job.

I really think Te'o makes it to #28..
As you wrote that post, Mauti's left leg fell off. For real though. He can play, but he doesn't play often. Poor ACL tears, that really sucks. That being said -- I'm rootin' for him. Can't really go wrong with Penn State LBers.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #29
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Mauti would be a very nice 5th round pick. He could be a contingency plan if they are going to give Irving a chance to compete for the job.

I really think Te'o makes it to #28..
The MLBer is typically your leader
I have serious concerns that Manti's emotional makeup is too weak to lead a group of NFL players. He seems like a loner to me. A fake girlfriend really?
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #30
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
As you wrote that post, Mauti's left leg fell off. For real though. He can play, but he doesn't play often. Poor ACL tears, that really sucks. That being said -- I'm rootin' for him. Can't really go wrong with Penn State LBers.
!!

When I heard that he wrote those 32 letters, you can't help but think, this guy really likes football. And I personally like mid round flyers on high potential players who fell for a number of reasons. He has second round talent for sure, but he cannot stay healthy. And if they aren't giving up on Irving, I think Mauti in the middle rounds is a perfect player to bring in.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #31
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
!!

When I heard that he wrote those 32 letters, you can't help but think, this guy really likes football. And I personally like mid round flyers on high potential players who fell for a number of reasons. He has second round talent for sure, but he cannot stay healthy. And if they aren't giving up on Irving, I think Mauti in the middle rounds is a perfect player to bring in.
I'll roll with that.

Besides, with a stare like this -- BAAAAM.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #32
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I have serious concerns that Manti's emotional makeup is too weak to lead a group of NFL players. He seems like a loner to me. A fake girlfriend really?
Michael Mauti from Penn State. Not the crazy kid.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #33
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
He was a leader on the field, I think he plays with a chip on his shoulder. What I really like is his instincts. He just always seems to be in the right place. I would be very content with him at 28, unless some other elite player fell.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #34
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He is from Notre Dame.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #35
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Now that you have clarified,,,,,
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #36
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Hate to break it to the draftniks, but the Broncos starting MLB in 2013 is already on the roster.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #37
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There's also this. It's a bad draft for linebackers and QB's this year. They can't take what isn't there...unless they reach for need, which they haven't done under Elway.
Yeah, we don't reach for need. We only reach for 6 foot 7 clipboard stands.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #38
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
He is from Notre Dame.
Manti Teo is from Notre Dame, yes.

I was talking about Michael Mauti from Penn State.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #39
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Hate to break it to the draftniks, but the Broncos starting MLB in 2013 is already on the roster.
Our resident draft expert. And who is that Price..
Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #40
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
That better not be true.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #41
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I'll roll with that.

Besides, with a stare like this -- BAAAAM.

Paul Posluszny's cousin?

What's his health and recovery status/expectations?
Old 02-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #42
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Mauti is an excellent football player. I'd love for him to be a Bronco.

Hull, though... boy that guy can play. With 2 years of eligibility left (I only think he'll use 1 more), he's gonna be a great NFL LBer someday.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #43
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
A lot of people have assumed that we're going to draft a middle linebacker early this year. There are several reasons it wouldn't be a bad idea, including:
  1. Joe Mays, after being paid quite a bit, is coming off an injury. Even before his injury he was not playing well. The Broncos could save a lot of money by just letting him go.
  2. Keith Brooking is ancient. He likely isn't coming back.
  3. Nate Irving hasn't really developed.
  4. The Broncos seem to always take the best player available regardless of need in the draft.
However I was listening to Tom Nalen and Les Shapiro on the radio today and I am beginning to think the Broncos are more optimistic about the Mike position for a variety of reasons.
  1. DJ Williams wants to stay. What? How could he? Well he said he likes the Broncos. He thinks this is his best shot at getting a ring, and he has come forward recently and said while he would like to continue to compete with Woodyard for the weak side linebacker position, he is open to moving to the middle. He said it would be a good way to deal with the loss of speed he is dealing with, and it is not an entirely unfamiliar position to him. If the Broncos want to keep him, it makes the most sense with Miller and Woodyard on either side.
  2. Nate Irving. What? How could he possibly be in the mix? Well word 'round the camp fire is the mental aspect of the game is slowing down for him. There could be a point where if the Broncos staff feels he's finally "got it" that he could compete and even start this next season - and at the very least will receive a good look their during preseason. If Nate does develop well, it could shift concerns during the draft to throw a pick at another position.
  3. Steven Johnson. Who? He was a college free agent that has actually really started to raise eyebrows recently. Apparently some players and coaching staff think he has more than a decent chance to compete for the starting middle linebacker position and his good play is what helped him get onto the final 53 last season. He allegedly grew a lot and many on the staff are excited to see how he'll progress.
So while it might seem "horrible" to us right now, the Mike position has some options. And a couple have been on the back-burner for some time. It would be nice if one of those young guys emerged as a legit starter and that allowed us to dedicate resources elsewhere.

However I am reminded that last year the Broncos said they didn't think their defensive tackle position was thad bad and then proceeded to take one with their first pick. So who knows?
We might do it again.... anyone read the most recent SI with the NFL review? The Broncos were dead last in percentage of passing snaps that generated interior pressure.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #44
g6matty

if we some how were able to land ogletree we would have the youngest fastest group of linebackers for the next 10 years
Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #45
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
if we some how were able to land ogletree we would have the youngest fastest group of linebackers for the next 10 years
So Ogletree is the fountain of youth, preventing anyone from aging or slowing down.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #46
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So Ogletree is the fountain of youth, preventing anyone from aging or slowing down.
youre a douchebag. maybe you should tell us because youve been suckin him off. does your skin look any younger when he finishes on you and you rub it in?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #47
Agamemnon

I honestly think the need has been blown way out proportion. Our defense was damn good with Mike-by-committee once Joe Mays was taken out. Running back and interior o-line are much bigger needs in my opinion.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #48
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
youre a douchebag. maybe you should tell us because youve been suckin him off. does your skin look any younger when he finishes on you and you rub it in?
Maybe incrediblywrong will tweet about it.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #49
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

With DJ admittedly slowing down (he says he's slowing down), Irving's lack of development and Johnson's inability to cover anyone, I'm not sure how the Broncos can really look people in the eyes and say everything is just fine at the MLB spot. I simply don't trust DJ at mike. As for Irving, who the hell knows? Johnson has heart but no speed. I just don't see how the Broncos can justify doing nothing at ILBer.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 02-14-2013 at 07:16 PM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #50
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

All mediocre to bad choices on the current roster we need an upgrade immediatly.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote