The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Too violent for my tastes.
Too violent? This is the PG-13 of potential zombie shows. Just imagine if this show was on HBO or Showtime...man that would be something.
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #27
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
AMC resumes the Walking dead tonight. Curious if any of you watch this show. Once it showed up on Netflix we got hooked.

What is your survival plan in a zombie apocalypse?

Denver is a pretty good spot to defend one. There's plenty of military, it has cold and warm seasons which would destroy the undead fairly effectively, and there are mountain towns to flee too.

All Mormons are encouraged to keep a two year supply of food and water and we have 72 hour emergency evac kits we maintain.

The average human body exposed to the elements rots away in a matter of weeks. They would degenerate even faster if they were moving around because it would cause the dead tissue to tear and break away. You could probably hide for a week or so then most of the undead would be, at worst, missing limbs and eyes, and at best, pieces of flesh.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #28
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

How many people watched first episode when it aired. How many jumped on after the buzz?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #29
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Arguing over sci fi zombies vs magical zombies is pretty lame. Hint! The show isn't really about Zombies as much as what people would do to survive. Zombies start at the antagonist but now are sort of a backdrop to the world they live in.

Arguing the fact zombies are illogical and stupid to believe in real life means you should just watch the Grammys instead! Soak up that real life ya know?
Old 02-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #30
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoDoug View Post
Love the show, I wish I could have started watching it on Netflix, but I watched it live every week since day one. waiting a whole week between episodes sucked, and then the looooooooooong breaks they take between seasons is no bueno. Thank god I have Breaking Bad to go back to because I just started watching that on Netflix and an only on season 3

EDIT: Talking dead is a fun show to watch, its going to be on directly after TWD now for a whole hour!
Both are great shows. To bad Breaking Bad has an even longer break.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #31
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Arguing over sci fi zombies vs magical zombies is pretty lame. Hint! The show isn't really about Zombies as much as what people would do to survive. Zombies start at the antagonist but now are sort of a backdrop to the world they live in.

Arguing the fact zombies are illogical and stupid to believe in real life means you should just watch the Grammys instead! Soak up that real life ya know?
or dancing on ice.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #32
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Can't wait for tonight. I never read the comics, so I really have no idea where the basis of the show is going. The first season was good but this season is excellent.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #33
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
What is your survival plan in a zombie apocalypse?
There is no plan B. Couldn't resist.

Love WD. Daryl and Merle time.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #34
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:
How many people watched first episode when it aired. How many jumped on after the buzz?

Got in on the ground floor.

I mean, I love zombie-movies. So a TV series based on that? I was sold.

Also, as to the "I am Legend" reference, that's the one thing this show needs. One zombie/walker that somehow has the brain power to adapt and lead others infected.

THAT...would be sweet.

(I know this show is based off a comic book series, so if anyone has any spoilers....keep 'em to yourself! )
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #35
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Quote:
I didn't have cable so I caught it on Netflix so I guess I was a buzzard.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #36
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
The ratings for the first season of six episodes was 5 million.

Season 2 opened at 7+ and finished at 9.

Season three opened at almost 11 mil. It's been pretty steady. Now were just asking or are you one those people that don't like when something becomes popular?

Quote:

Who cares if we argue about zombies? Why do you get to decided what people should and shouldn't talk about? It's offseason. If you don't like the topic, don't come into the thread to b**** about it.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #37
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I think it took a while for the show to figure out what it really is: A first person video game.

It tried to do the character development thing for a while, but the second season proved they were horrible at it. Not to mention, they managed to create several unlikable characters.

Now..it just is what it is...they kill time till they have to kill zombies.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #38
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Declaration of nerdiness: been on this ish since #1 hit the stands and didn't think twice until #100 a few months ago. (Despite being okay with Kirkman killing off characters, he finally delivered the coup de grace to one of my untouchables.) I've since gotten to the acceptance stage and started reading again.

I think the TV show finally found its footing towards the end of season 2 and continued pretty well into the first half of season 3. Looking forward to it!
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #39
Johnykbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Basically the only TV show I have watched in full since Jericho.
That was a great show. Had so much promise.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #40
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

saw season 1 and 2 on netflix. watching season 3 marathon right now.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #41
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Did anyone watch the colony at all? They pulled it after two seasons, but it was a great to learn about how to build things to survive the end of the world.. I guess there was rumors that season three would be zombie based. It sucks it never happened.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #42
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
Too violent? This is the PG-13 of potential zombie shows. Just imagine if this show was on HBO or Showtime...man that would be something.
It's strange. I love Supernatural, and that show can be pretty violent, but for some reason, the way they do it in Walking Dead is a little over the top for me, and the way Sam and Dean take out demons doesn't nearly have the same effect.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #43
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
That's why I couldn't follow that show; The characters do stuff that makes no sense. If the zombie apocalypse happens, first thing I do is go to the local national guard armory with my friends and family, pick up a few M113 armored personnel carriers with extra diesel cans and assorted spare parts. Mount .50 cals on each one, and load up on various other weapons and lots of ammo. Also grab a few deuce and a halfs to stock with food, water, diesel motor/generator units, entertainment stuff, agricultural supplies, livestock (chickens, pigs, etc.), a few German Shepards always come in handy too. Then, I lead a convoy to the Long Beach docks, drive my rolling stock up onto the Catalina Island ferry (maybe it takes a couple of trips?) and sail on over to Avalon Bay. Unload. Clear the island of any zombies that might be there, from one end to the other. Take up residence in the Wrigley Mansion up on Mount Ada and live happily ever after enjoying the view.

What happens when you get sick or when some yahoos show up on a stolen yacht to loot?

Nice pic though, I spent a week at Cherry Valley Boy Scout camp on the island a couple of summers ago and had a blast, just a gorgeous spot.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #44
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

f that... It'd be time to build a flotilla of boat ala waterworld.

rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #45
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
What happens when you get sick or when some yahoos show up on a stolen yacht to loot?

Nice pic though, I spent a week at Cherry Valley Boy Scout camp on the island a couple of summers ago and had a blast, just a gorgeous spot.
You would post your APCs with their 50 cals at high points around the island. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to find a doctor. You'd have to set up security. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to go into Marina del Rey and grab a couple of Cigarette boats, mount some guns on them, and have them on patrol.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #46
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Looking forward to it. Love the show and was hooked from episode 1, but I love all Zombie movies and the Walking Dead matches everything I love about them. I mean a continueing Zombie Saga - excellent!

I ended up reading the compendium volume 1 after the 8th episode of season 3 as I wanted to find out what happened.

Let's just say that they stray a bit from the comics. The comics are more gruesome and IMHO, better, but I really like what they've done with the show. I won't give any spoilers, but let's just say the Governor in the comics is much, much, much more of an evil person and if they follow the comics a little I'm very much looking forward to what they do at the end of season 3.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #47
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Love the show.

As for my own plan, I'm lucky to live in the hills of Northern NJ. It's an extremely rural, conservative area with plenty of guns per capita and its overrun with whitetail deer to hunt.

My old man has two full gun cases. To be honest, I'm not sure I'd leave my house except to make the occasional supply run. All we're missing is a generator.

I need this, too:

http://coolmaterial.com/home/gerber-apocalypse-kit/
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #48
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

amazing how some who are against Americans owning semi-automatic weapons with 30 round magazines would beg borrow or steal one in a heartbeat if there ever was a zombie apocalypse......

Speaking of zombies, this movie looks like it'd be pretty good -

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #49
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I'm wondering who on this board I'd want to have on my side after a zombie apocalypse. The armed gardeners, for sure.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #50
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Got in on the ground floor.

I mean, I love zombie-movies. So a TV series based on that? I was sold.

Also, as to the "I am Legend" reference, that's the one thing this show needs. One zombie/walker that somehow has the brain power to adapt and lead others infected.

THAT...would be sweet.

(I know this show is based off a comic book series, so if anyone has any spoilers....keep 'em to yourself! )
No problem. Like you i was on board first episode but I notice a lot of new viewers each season. Friends that now say they are hooked etc etc. Shows how the show is really growing in popularity. Who knows where it will go they don't follow the comics completely.

I don't think they will give zombies any intelligence though. Its more a show about people surviving and what you will do to survive. The zombies sort of just the background.