The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Default 2013 NFL Draft: 5 Prospects Who Were Born to Play for the Denver Broncos

Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o

Wisconsin RB Montee Ball

Florida DT Sharrif Floyd

Old 02-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

LSU DB Tyrann Mathieu

Texas A&M WR Ryan Swope

http://b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&f....URV_aQ.EFQE6w

Last edited by oubronco; 02-08-2013 at 06:27 PM..
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I will kick myself and anyone else within reach in the groin if we get Tyrann Matheiu - I am struggling to think of a bigger poser and dimwit who has ever been draft eligible - the only one who comes close is Maurice Clarett.

Shariff Floyd is a guy I have a pretty big hardon for, he matches the need profile well and has good value at the end of the 1st round.

As for WR, I am really liking Markus Wheaton.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Floyd is going to be a beast, he would be a great addition to the DL.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #5
schaaf

Couple things I've noticed from the two years with Fox and Elway...

1. They like captains from their college years
2. They really value production from their college years
3. They don't value their workout numbers if it doesn't correlate to college production
4. They are not afraid to trade down and/or up, which I could easily see to get a player like Teo or Minter to solidify their MLB.

I would almost guarantee a no on Tyrann Mathieu, I can't think of one where they've taken a risk on a player. They've had chances on Janoris Jenkins, Kendall Reyes, Jerel Worthy and others and they have always stuck with solid character and a person who has played hard to the whistle every snap
Old 02-09-2013, 04:03 AM   #6
Bacchus

honestly, I would not be mad at all if Denver drafted Ball. For the shotgun run up the middle he would be perfect for. I really think Denver needs to go offense with the first pick. A power RB or a fast small slot type WR.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #7
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

I would love to see Floyd and Swope in the Orange and Blue

I think Floyd will be gone before our pick though

dont care for honeybadger
Ball....eh
Teo....would take him if he fell to us, but I dont think I would trade up for him
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Good lord that Wisconsin RB Montee Ball sure knows how to use his blockers. Seriously, watch that reel again and watch how he has absolute perfect feel on how to use the blocking.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Look how many out of position arm tackles Te'o makes. Those will be broken on the NFL level. Do not want.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Couple things I've noticed from the two years with Fox and Elway...

1. They like captains from their college years
2. They really value production from their college years
3. They don't value their workout numbers if it doesn't correlate to college production
4. They are not afraid to trade down and/or up, which I could easily see to get a player like Teo or Minter to solidify their MLB.

I would almost guarantee a no on Tyrann Mathieu, I can't think of one where they've taken a risk on a player. They've had chances on Janoris Jenkins, Kendall Reyes, Jerel Worthy and others and they have always stuck with solid character and a person who has played hard to the whistle every snap
Actually the drafting mentality goes back a couple more years, maybe Matt Russell influence?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #11
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Unfortunately I think there's a good chance Teo will be around when the Broncos pick. His fruitcake relationship with a ghost is going to throw up red flags all over the place. If I was Elway I'd put him down as a 5th round pick at best.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #12
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Unfortunately I think there's a good chance Teo will be around when the Broncos pick. His fruitcake relationship with a ghost is going to throw up red flags all over the place. If I was Elway I'd put him down as a 5th round pick at best.
I don't know if I agree about the unfortunately part (I'm sort of on the fence with Te'o.) I agree that he'll be around in the late 20's, especially if he puts up pedestrian numbers at the combine, which I sort of think he will. Te'o is going to fall, but I don't think he gets past either us or Baltimore at the bottom of the first round.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I don't know if I agree about the unfortunately part (I'm sort of on the fence with Te'o.) I agree that he'll be around in the late 20's, especially if he puts up pedestrian numbers at the combine, which I sort of think he will. Te'o is going to fall, but I don't think he gets past either us or Baltimore at the bottom of the first round.
We shall see. If he wants to put some distance between him and all this bad media and just have people concentrate on his football ability then he better have a fantastic combine. If he puts up "wow" numbers at the combine and if he interviews well and if he's not dumb as a rock then he will be back in contention as the best ILBer in the draft.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #14
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Man, watching those highlights, there are a bunch of folks I do not like on this list. Ball looks ok. Not great. Wreaks of typical Wisconsin back who does little in the pro's. Not fast, labors through cuts which will cost him at the next level, upright runner and sorta soft looking. I think a great back will be had in the 2nd/3rd round easy.

Lots to like about Shariff Floyd. I only wish he was a slight better athlete. He'll be able to defeat 1 on 1 blocks those and has good pass rush moves and strength.

Mathieu, hell no. Don't want.

Swope, looks very slow in those highlights. Not a fan.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #15
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Good lord that Wisconsin RB Montee Ball sure knows how to use his blockers. Seriously, watch that reel again and watch how he has absolute perfect feel on how to use the blocking.
And also how he maximizes his opportunities, after he makes those good reads on his block. Would love to have that kind of back in Denver.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #16
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
And also how he maximizes his opportunities, after he makes those good reads on his block. Would love to have that kind of back in Denver.
We did at one time, TD. I still love watching him run. He did have a great offensive line but he also used them to perfection.

I've seen several mocks that have us taking Floyd.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think he is going to slide into the second round if the Bengals pass on him.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #18
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I will kick myself and anyone else within reach in the groin if we get Tyrann Matheiu - I am struggling to think of a bigger poser and dimwit who has ever been draft eligible - the only one who comes close is Maurice Clarett.

Shariff Floyd is a guy I have a pretty big hardon for, he matches the need profile well and has good value at the end of the 1st round.

As for WR, I am really liking Markus Wheaton.
Still... if he falls to the fourth, I say take him. Have him spend some time around Clarrett, who has grown up and realized the huge mistakes he's made and the potential he wasted.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
Still... if he falls to the fourth, I say take him. Have him spend some time around Clarrett, who has grown up and realized the huge mistakes he's made and the potential he wasted.
His dad was a former football hero who has spent years in prison. If he didn't learn anything from him, he's not going to learn anything from Clarett.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 02-09-2013 at 03:33 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
It doesn't work, the Cowboys have tried everything they can to make Dez Bryant less of a idiot and it is not working. Gronkowski despite the death stare of Belichick, the hair of Tom Brady and the scathing internet criticism of both Tom Brady and Wes Welker's wifes has not grown up - and both those guys were way ahead of where Mathieu is right now when they were drafted.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #21
Agamemnon

Quote:
The dude is a just pothead. He doesn't remotely compare to the disaster in human form that was/is Maurice Clarett. If Mathieu can get his priorities straight and give up pot until he retires from football there's no reason to believe he can't be an elite NFL player.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #22
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Mathieu is more of a nickel back to me than anything. I think we are good on corners although I wouldn't be mad if we get him in the fifth or something like that. I really like Ball though. He would be a steal in the third round if he falls. I really wouldn't mind Teo either. He is a good player and better than any MLB we have now.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #23
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Mathieu is more of a nickel back to me than anything. I think we are good on corners although I wouldn't be mad if we get him in the fifth or something like that. I really like Ball though. He would be a steal in the third round if he falls. I really wouldn't mind Teo either. He is a good player and better than any MLB we have now.
Due to his lack of size you might be right about Mathieu being more of a nickel corner, but in today's NFL those are nearly as important as the other two corner positions.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #24
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The dude is a just pothead. He doesn't remotely compare to the disaster in human form that was/is Maurice Clarett. If Mathieu can get his priorities straight and give up pot until he retires from football there's no reason to believe he can't be an elite NFL player.
When you would rather stay at LSU and smoke pot for a year than go to a lower tier school to play football that shows me exactly how much he cares about playing football - at least Janoris Jenking along with his superior talent had the good sense to keep playing.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #25
Agamemnon

Quote:
When you would rather stay at LSU and smoke pot for a year than go to a lower tier school to play football that shows me exactly how much he cares about playing football - at least Janoris Jenking along with his superior talent had the good sense to keep playing.
You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about the guy. Personally I think he's clearly worth the risk of our 4th or 5th rounder, assuming he doesn't totally blow the interview with the team. Seriously, in those rounds you can go with a guy who has marginal talent and no issues or a guy who has exceptional talent and issues. I'd rather roll the dice on the latter.