The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #101
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Again, this is even more reason to be careful as innocent people could get shot. The LAPD is pooring gasoline on a fire by shooting these two ladies. With all the bullet holes in the truck, it just looks bad, real bad.

They could have surrounded the truck, pointed every weapon on the cab, and then got on a blow horn and asked the driver and passenger to identify themselves. Sure, there's always a chance the bad guy could get away, but if that happened, that is, the truck tries to make an escape, you have more of a probably cause to use force. JMHO of course.
I was just responding to your question about why they didn't check the plates. It sucks the two people got killed but I'm kinda amused by the incompetence their fear is exposing. I read they shot up another truck as well but luckily no one was hurt in that one.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #102
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Don't blame you. 10 minutes off my life I wish I had back.
The opportunity to maybe take a minute and try to understand what would drive someone to this is worth way more than 10 minutes.

I wonder: Did he write this with a stone cold heart or with tears in his eyes? He writes that stuff about people not stepping up for him like a man with a broken heart. It's very interesting stuff to me.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #103
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
The opportunity to maybe take a minute and try to understand what would drive someone to this is worth way more than 10 minutes.

I wonder: Did he write this with a stone cold heart or with tears in his eyes? He writes that stuff about people not stepping up for him like a man with a broken heart. It's very interesting stuff to me.
Yeah but looking back I could have read the first and last page and got the info I needed.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #104
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Yeah but looking back I could have read the first and last page and got the info I needed.
That might be true. Between the editing and repeating statements, there was a lot of useless stuff.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #105
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Police are corrupt all over the world. The reason ours are better than many, or more accurately more careful with the **** they pull, is because we are a democracy with freedom of speech and freedom of the press. And even then you'd probably be surprised if you knew the amount of under the table deals and setups taking place on a regular basis. For instance, I know for a fact that the small town sheriff forces in the San Luis Valley were paid off by drug smugglers to run drugs through their counties when I was growing up down there (apparently it was easier to do that than go up I-25).

If you can't tell, I have a very low opinion of law enforcement.

Federal Republic.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #106
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I wasn't answering your question, I was commenting on your comment.

I too know guys in law enforcement, I work with them. I too believe there are a lot of good cops, but I also know there are a lot of bad ones, a lot more than is believed by some. In my opinion this guy is wrong with what he's doing but I believe he probablys snapped after turning on his own when he was a cop, and they conspired against him. And the shooting of that truck is as much a travesty as what he is doing. Cops often use their guns irresponsibly.
fair enough. I do think that if someone wants to point their finger at a PD that may have systemic problems with bad cops the LAPD is probably right at the top. Also, if you look at CA as a whole, this is a state that wants big brother in everyone's business. It's a state that is way over regulated. Consequently, look at the LAPD.

Just another strike against the morons in CA.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #107
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Federal Republic.

Lmfao.

This is the kind of pedantic **** that stupid people say when they want to pretend to be smart.

A republic is a type of democracy.

Last edited by ThirtyDegrees; 02-09-2013 at 04:20 AM..
Old 02-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #108
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Lmfao.

This is the kind of pedantic **** that stupid people say when they want to pretend smart

A republic is a type of democracy.

Yet the US is not a federal democracy. It is a federal republic.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #109
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
This guy must have made a bee line for Mexico or is holed up at an acquaintance's house. Likely had a motorcycle stashed somewhere up in the mountains. Burned the truck as a diversion and walked to his getaway motorcycle. Helmet covers up his face as well, perfect disguise.
My Dad thinks he had a Mountain Bike. This guy is way smart. The only reason he had his truck set on fire was to have the cops think he is up in Big Bear when in reality, he might have had a timed mechanism to set the fire 30 minutes before the burn which would give him a huge head start down the mountain. He WANTED the truck to be found and sure enough, tons of cops are in Big Bear looking for someone that could be across the border or hold up in a safe house for a few weeks. Right when it dies down, he will be coming after those that "wronged" him.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #110
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
My Dad thinks he had a Mountain Bike. This guy is way smart. The only reason he had his truck set on fire was to have the cops think he is up in Big Bear when in reality, he might have had a timed mechanism to set the fire 30 minutes before the burn which would give him a huge head start down the mountain. He WANTED the truck to be found and sure enough, tons of cops are in Big Bear looking for someone that could be across the border or hold up in a safe house for a few weeks. Right when it dies down, he will be coming after those that "wronged" him.

This is probably the most likely scenario. He'll disappear for awhile, cops will relax a bit, and he will hit again. Repeat until he is caught and killed. The LAPD will make cursory changes and the beat will go on.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #111
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Yet the US is not a federal democracy. It is a federal republic.

How are representatives chosen?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #112
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Of course shooting a cop is worse than shooting a murderer. If you could read, you'd know that's not what I said. He will be killed, he knew he would be killed, and I will not shed tears for him. But you didn't say he should be killed because he is a murderer. You said he should be killed because he is a "cop killer." **** the cops, they don't get extra moral standing from me. The awful part in all of this is there is not a man alive who doesn't think this guy is telling the truth. But not only will nothing happen, but now nothing will happen on top of there being a bunch of dead people. Fantastic world we live in.
Again, no I didn't, you dumb ****.

Two separate true statements aren't dependent on each other.

1. Fact: He IS a cop killer.
2. Fact: I can't wait for him to get shot in the face.

Let's use another example:

1. Fact: extralife eats ***** in bulk
2. Fact: I can't wait for extralife to stop posting.

I don't hate you as a poster because you eat ***** in bulk. I hate you as a poster because you're a complete and utter pseudo-intellectual imbecile.

Last edited by TheReverend; 02-08-2013 at 11:32 PM..
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #113
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
How are representatives chosen?

Elected. Which was not being argued. The US is a federal republic, not a pure democracy. To say the US is a democracy is incorrect.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #114
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Elected. Which was not being argued. The US is a federal republic, not a pure democracy. To say the US is a democracy is incorrect.

The United States is a republic

A republic is a form of democracy.

The United States is a democracy.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #115
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
The United States is a republic

A republic is a form of democracy.

The UK is a constitutional monarchy.

The UK elects members of parliament.

Does this make the UK a democracy?

Old 02-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #116
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Again, no I didn't, you dumb ****.

Two separate true statements aren't dependent on each other.

1. Fact: He IS a cop killer.
2. Fact: I can't wait for him to get shot in the face.

Let's use another example:

1. Fact: extralife eats ***** in bulk
2. Fact: I can't wait for extralife to stop posting.

I don't hate you as a poster because you eat ***** in bulk. I hate you as a poster because you're a complete and utter pseudo-intellectual imbecile.
oh, so you had two sentences next to each other with a complete logical connection, only now I am supposed to read the magic leaves and pretend that they do not correlate with one another. you just felt like posting the declarative statement that this man is a cop killer, because this thread about how he killed cops was not enough to convince us of this reality, and you wanted to be very sure that we were all educated on the facts. and then you just felt like posting how much you wanted him to die, 100% independent of his being a cop killer. yeah, sure, I believe you. at best, this makes you a poor writer. at worst? well, read your posts.

Last edited by extralife; 02-09-2013 at 12:15 AM..
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #117
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
The UK is a constitutional monarchy.

The UK elects members of parliament.

Does this make the UK a democracy?

Yes
Old 02-09-2013, 03:40 AM   #118
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
No it's not. If you want any proof of this, just research what would happen if the electoral college tied.

A Federal Republic isn't a "type" of democracy. It's an evolution past democracy. Yes, it has roots there, but the US is no more a democracy than a baptist church is a catholic one.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #119
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
No it's not. If you want any proof of this, just research what would happen if the electoral college tied.

A Federal Republic isn't a "type" of democracy. It's an evolution past democracy. Yes, it has roots there, but the US is no more a democracy than a baptist church is a catholic one.
No, the correct analogy is that a Baptist church and a Catholic church are both types of Christian churches despite differences in doctrine and practice.

The United States is a representative democracy with universal suffrage where all votes are counted equally. It is a democracy in form and practice.

This a hilarious form of pedantry, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:00 AM   #120
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I wasn't answering your question, I was commenting on your comment.

I too know guys in law enforcement, I work with them. I too believe there are a lot of good cops, but I also know there are a lot of bad ones, a lot more than is believed by some. In my opinion this guy is wrong with what he's doing but I believe he probablys snapped after turning on his own when he was a cop, and they conspired against him. And the shooting of that truck is as much a travesty as what he is doing. Cops often use their guns irresponsibly.
Most cops are a-holes, I just thank god I am a white male, or am I?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #121
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post

I think both.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #122
Jason7730
Seasoned Veteran

The reason I will be glad that he will be killed is because of his decision to murder the daughter and fiance of the man who represented him in his case against the LAPD. He ruined his name forever with that type of fanatical extremism and I say piss on him and his cowardness for targeting innocent civilian personnel. **** him, IMHO.
Jason7730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #123
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
oh, so you had two sentences next to each other with a complete logical connection, only now I am supposed to read the magic leaves and pretend that they do not correlate with one another. you just felt like posting the declarative statement that this man is a cop killer, because this thread about how he killed cops was not enough to convince us of this reality, and you wanted to be very sure that we were all educated on the facts. and then you just felt like posting how much you wanted him to die, 100% independent of his being a cop killer. yeah, sure, I believe you. at best, this makes you a poor writer. at worst? well, read your posts.
...that's the thing, they DO correlate to each other, you idiot.

He's a cop killer. Now I know this concept will be hard for your 40 IQ, but that means he killed people.

Now when someone killed people, what are they? Oh my golly, they're a murderer!

It's like you try to be this stupid...

Oh, and I know you like stuffing things into other guys mouths, but leave your words out of mine.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #124
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7730 View Post
The reason I will be glad that he will be killed is because of his decision to murder the daughter and fiance of the man who represented him in his case against the LAPD. He ruined his name forever with that type of fanatical extremism and I say piss on him and his cowardness for targeting innocent civilian personnel. **** him, IMHO.
Agreed. In his "manifesto" he threatens all of their families.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #125
Agamemnon

Quote:
Federal Republic.

Err...do you even know what that means? That simply means a public government of confederated states. Whether or not such a thing is democratic or not is beside the point. In the case of the U.S. we have a federal republic that is also a representative democracy.