The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #101
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
This happens all the time.

James Cameron and Larry Page among others have invested in a asteroid mining venture.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...investors.html

There is another company that doesn't have as much scratch that is going to try to mine them as well by 2015.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/...steroids-moon/

We should have been doing this for the last 50 years.

Too bad our current society is more concerned with pretending it is 1778 and only worrying about how to make more and more money and keep their right to own and shoot their guns than they are interested in finding resources in our solar system.
Hey, I can do both right?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #102
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
What game did he get toasted in? I know Green had a long catch or two but guess what he did that to everyone. Denver held him in check really. List who toasted Champ in regular season please.
Champ had a great season, but he like Rahim Moore are catching flak for getting beat in the divisional round loss to Ravens....too many people here think emotionally instead of logically.

Our secondary played very well save for the Ravens game.....and to be honest, had the pass rush shown up, I'd argue we win a laugher.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #103
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Champ had a great season, but he like Rahim Moore are catching flak for getting beat in the divisional round loss to Ravens....too many people here think emotionally instead of logically.

Our secondary played very well save for the Ravens game.....and to be honest, had the pass rush shown up, I'd argue we win a laugher.
Flacko is a damned fine QB if you do not pressure him. Few in the nfl have his arm strength.

All year we got to the QB until BAL totally revamped the oline and we as well as NE and SFO unable to get any pressure on the guy.

We have been beat like a rented mule on deep balls for going On a decade, so they only thing new is it was Champ on a couple of them.

The key to not giving up the long ball is not in the back seven but the front four.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #104
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

While it would be stupid for Champ to be cut loose, ( he is still a top 5 CB)
it also is clear that he has lost a step and will need safety help against
fast receivers. His fundamentals ( tackling) and instincts are among the best ever seen, but his age is catching up with him, and the team MUST start to consider his replacement.

He has been paid VERY well for his time here....and generally has earned it all.
But I don't believe he has been a team LEADER. And a restructure is an opportunity for him to give something back to the the Broncos for the short term, while helping him get to that Superbowl that he has not been to.

Champ has two years left on his current contract, at about 9.5 mill per.

I would ask him to do the following. Restructure to a 4 year deal at 6 mill per, but all guaranteed. Pro bowl incentives of 1 mill each time he makes it.
Maybe a 1-1.5 mill bonus for signing.

If he physically declines he moves to safety, or retires . But he can help the team by spreading his cap hit out , and guarantee getting paid...just over a longer time. And free up some cap space to sign FAs short term.

Guess we'll see if he wants a ring or money more.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #105
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
While it would be stupid for Champ to be cut loose, ( he is still a top 5 CB)
it also is clear that he has lost a step and will need safety help against
fast receivers. His fundamentals ( tackling) and instincts are among the best ever seen, but his age is catching up with him, and the team MUST start to consider his replacement.

He has been paid VERY well for his time here....and generally has earned it all.
But I don't believe he has been a team LEADER. And a restructure is an opportunity for him to give something back to the the Broncos for the short term, while helping him get to that Superbowl that he has not been to.

Champ has two years left on his current contract, at about 9.5 mill per.

I would ask him to do the following. Restructure to a 4 year deal at 6 mill per, but all guaranteed. Pro bowl incentives of 1 mill each time he makes it.
Maybe a 1-1.5 mill bonus for signing.

If he physically declines he moves to safety, or retires . But he can help the team by spreading his cap hit out , and guarantee getting paid...just over a longer time. And free up some cap space to sign FAs short term.

Guess we'll see if he wants a ring or money more.
Overall it makes sense EXCEPT guaranteeing his four year deal. If he goes belly up with a career ending injury we have between 6-18 million in dead space the following year.

Now I would think they could buy a Lloyd's of london policy to cover lost income. For one heck of a lot less than 6million.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #106
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

^ Cannot be serious.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #107
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
^ Cannot be serious.
funny gifs
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #108
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
funny gifs
teh facts iz ur living da paychooks tap aycheks imysrself ran bUSinnes know about overahaed and tight budgit n if u think pats cracking open da piggY bank for a few freeasians you aren't even know mikey spent the whole thing!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #109
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
teh facts iz ur living da paychooks tap aycheks imysrself ran bUSinnes know about overahaed and tight budgit n if u think pats cracking open da piggY bank for a few freeasians you aren't even know mikey spent the whole thing!!!
I think you are lonestar after that post.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #110
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Would have to eat about a pound of boomers to ever sound like lonestar full-time.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #111
extralife
Ring of Famer

freeasians rofl
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:30 AM   #112
Bacchus

Quote:
^ Cannot be serious.
Thanks for not quoting him!!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #113
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Overall it makes sense EXCEPT guaranteeing his four year deal. If he goes belly up with a career ending injury we have between 6-18 million in dead space the following year.

Now I would think they could buy a Lloyd's of london policy to cover lost income. For one heck of a lot less than 6million.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #114
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

NFL network just reported that Champ will be back making 10.5 mil.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #115
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

I betcha Champ works his ass off this offseason, and is a step or two faster than he has been in a few years!
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #116
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Seems kiddie forgets that when on the Mainia site is sent him PMs and reps trying to help him not to be hated on that site with his juvenile posts, as well as suggestions of syntax, spelling and grammar. At first he thought it silly, but after my comments at the time that if he wanted to be taken seriously he needed to act like an adult.

Really thought we were making progress, then he betrayed a confidence I had shared with him.

I see that He seems to have reverted back to his childish posts like most were back in the early days.

Once a punk always a punk.

And before anyone goes to irony street.

I came to the conclusion during my time on the bronco sites (especially this one) that most are kiddies and to quote an oldie but goodie "Frankly Charlotte I do not give a damn".

I now find that the grammar police and spelling cops on here are morons that want to feel superior. .
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #117
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

The thing that bugs me so much is these pros supposedly watch alot of game tape to know tendencies of players and what not. Watch Flacco throw deep, almost every single deep pass is a high lob type of pass. He doesn't throw long lasers. His long throws always go very high and come down really steep. If I'm Moore, I know this going into that game. I'm telling myself don't jump too early on anything because his ball really hangs in the air. Whatever.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote