The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #76
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I would imagine moving Franklin would mean two things. Kuper might not be in the long term plans and they are going to draft a guy that could move to LT after this season should they let Clady leave in 2014.
Man I don't want that. Hope that isn't the case
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #77
Bmore Manning

Clady is in the long term plans, provided he can recover from surgery and perform at a high level. My question is.. is it better to give him a deal now or after next season. What I mean is, do we really expect him not to be able to come back at a high level? So would it be more beneficial financially to get the deal done now or next season? If you do it now you can work the deal to protect the team in the event he cannot return at a high level. Plus he will have more leverage if he comes back and plays lights out, and a deal has to be done next offseason..

There are some quality impact free agents to be had out there..
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #78
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Not sure how I feel about Franklin moving. Where's that leave Beadles or Kuper, and who takes the OT spot
Probably just speculation. Doesn't seem to make sense without an obvious replacement.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #79
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Lombardi is speculating Ed Reed and/or Steven Jackson.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...steven-jackson
Old 02-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #80
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Man I don't want that. Hope that isn't the case
I don't either. Looking at the guys from the Senior Bowl, I'm not to impressed with late round tackle prospects. Long has way to short of arms for my liking. Same goes for Pugh. Both project at OG better. There is so many better OG options we could go with then moving the OL around IMO.

David Quessenberry I guess would lead my short list from guys I saw during that week that could play RT long term for us. I believe he has a 3rd/4th round grade at this point.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #81
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I don't either. Looking at the guys from the Senior Bowl, I'm not to impressed with late round tackle prospects. Long has way to short of arms for my liking. Same goes for Pugh. Both project at OG better. There is so many better OG options we could go with then moving the OL around IMO.

David Quessenberry I guess would lead my short list from guys I saw during that week that could play RT long term for us. I believe he has a 3rd/4th round grade at this point.
Really like him.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #82
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Clady is in the long term plans, provided he can recover from surgery and perform at a high level. My question is.. is it better to give him a deal now or after next season. What I mean is, do we really expect him not to be able to come back at a high level? So would it be more beneficial financially to get the deal done now or next season? If you do it now you can work the deal to protect the team in the event he cannot return at a high level. Plus he will have more leverage if he comes back and plays lights out, and a deal has to be done next offseason..

There are some quality impact free agents to be had out there..
the bolded is what I've been wondering too. I could be way off, but I thought I read Miller, Thomas, Deck, and Beadles are all coming up on contract extensions next offseason. Adding Clady to that mix rather than taking care of him a year earlier makes me wonder. Like I said, I could be way off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

YEEES to Jackson--at the right price. He could be the missing piece in this offense. His skills set, even at his age, could be HUGE in this O.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 02-06-2013 at 05:41 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #83
Bmore Manning

49ers aren't expected to resign Larry Grant.. Thats a MLB I have been advocating..
Old 02-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #84
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
the bolded is what I've been wondering too. I could be way off, but I thought I read Miller, Thomas, Deck, and Beadles are all coming up on contract extensions next offseason. Adding Clady to that mix rather than taking care of him a year earlier makes me wonder. Like I said, I could be way off.

YEEES to Jackson--at the right price. He could be the missing piece in this offense. His skills set, even at his age, could be HUGE in this O.
Decker and Beadles are due.. Thomas and Miller are available for extension if I am remembering correctly..?
Old 02-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #85
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Broncos | Concerns about Chris Kuper
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 18:28:49 -0800

Denver Broncos G Chris Kuper (ankle) is coming off ankle surgery, and the team has some genuine concern over the long term about whether or not Kuper will be able to stay healthy given the severity of his original injury in 2011, and the fact he re-injured the ankle in 2012.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | Share:

Broncos | Keith Brooking unlikely to return
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 18:22:19 -0800

Impending free-agent LB Keith Brooking (Broncos) is unlikely to be back with the team. He is 37 years old and scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent.

Broncos | Face decision on Willis McGahee
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 18:21:27 -0800

The Denver Broncos face a decision on RB Willis McGahee heading into 2013. He finished the season on Injured Reserve, and was tied for the league lead in fumbles lost at running back when he suffered the injury.

FANTASY TIP: McGahee will turn 32, and he has two years remaining on his contract. The team is looking to add size at the position, so McGahee might not be back. If he does stay in Denver, or latch on with another organization, he proved he still has something left in the tank. However, he is likely to be more of a complementary RB rather than workhorse. As such, he is best viewed as a RB3 or flex option heading into 2013.

Broncos | Philip Blake to compete for job?
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 18:20:40 -0800

Denver Broncos C Philip Blake (thumb) might compete for playing time at center in 2013. He was on the Injured Reserve list in 2013 due to a thumb injury.

0 Comments | Source: The Denver Post - Jeff Legwold | Share

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2KBLWUN1t

that plays into the thought of Franklin moving inside, though I think we could find a OG easier in this draft.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #86
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

At this point Kuper is depth at best.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #87
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Any chance we can lure Josh Bynes to play MLB away from the Ravens? He is a FA and should be had cheap. Only thing is they are losing Ray and would probably not let him hit the market.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #88
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

FANTASY TIP: McGahee will turn 32, and he has two years remaining on his contract. The team is looking to add size at the position, so McGahee might not be back. If he does stay in Denver, or latch on with another organization, he proved he still has something left in the tank. However, he is likely to be more of a complementary RB rather than workhorse. As such, he is best viewed as a RB3 or flex option heading into 2013.
What a quality article discussing fantasy football on a fringe type player before the season even starts.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #89
g6matty

whats restricted free agent mean. my two fav rb this offseason chris ivory and legarrete blount both rfa
Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #90
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
What a quality article discussing fantasy football on a fringe type player before the season even starts.
KFFL doesn't really post articles on the wire, just little blurbs of info they get from the press.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #91
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
whats restricted free agent mean. my two fav rb this offseason chris ivory and legarrete blount both rfa
Quote:
In the National Football League, a restricted free agent (RFA) is one with three accrued seasons of service, who has received a "qualifying" offer (a salary level predetermined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and its players) from his current club. He can negotiate with any club through a certain date. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club has "right of first refusal," a seven-day period in which it may match the offer and retain him, or choose not to match the offer, in which case it may receive one or more draft picks for the upcoming draft from the player's new club. If an offer sheet is not executed, the player's rights revert to his old club the day after negotiations must end.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent
Old 02-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #92
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

****ing yuck to both. I hope the targets are Brandon Moore, Kenny Phillips, Dashon Golden and Chris Ivory.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #93
Bmore Manning

Jets cut LBs Bart Scott and Calvin Pace
Old 02-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #94
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
****ing yuck to both. I hope the targets are Brandon Moore, Kenny Phillips, Dashon Golden and Chris Ivory.
Kenny Phillips needs to medically check out before we even consider signing him. It is the primary reason that NYG probably aren't going to re-sign him. Some people say he's done.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #95
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Kenny Phillips needs to medically check out before we even consider signing him. It is the primary reason that NYG probably aren't going to re-sign him. Some people say he's done.
I would assume that (medical) for anybody the Broncos look at. And the money would have to be right as well. I guess they're in the same boat with Quinton Carter? Microfracture surgery is no gimme. If he can't go, the Broncos will have to go shopping. I think if they could get Goldson, they could move him to SS, but he's probably too pricey. He's certainly got the size for it. If they could get him, he could also just stay at FS and they could find somewhere else for Rahim Moore. Taped to the goalpost, for instance. They've got to do something. The middle of that D is toast, starting at DT and moving backwards, and everybody in the league knows it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #96
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Jets cut LBs Bart Scott and Calvin Pace
Both those guys are old. I don't think Scott would take the kind of deal Brookings took last year, both probably want to get paid.

No one replied to my comment about going after the ILB from the Ravens, Bynes, I would rather see them go younger. I doubt the Ravens let him walk especially after Ray retiring but that is the kind of guy I would be looking for. Young experienced, cheaper...
Old 02-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #97
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Both those guys are old. I don't think Scott would take the kind of deal Brookings took last year, both probably want to get paid.

No one replied to my comment about going after the ILB from the Ravens, Bynes, I would rather see them go younger. I doubt the Ravens let him walk especially after Ray retiring but that is the kind of guy I would be looking for. Young experienced, cheaper...
I don't know much about the guy but I agree with you I want younger rather than mid 30s has beens on the tail end of their careers.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #98
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Giants just cut Bradshaw.

He is a dude who is still young who would upgrade our unit. He does well in the pass game also. Depends on how his knee and ankles are but he would be worth a look. I would almost prefer him over Jackson.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #99
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Giants just cut Bradshaw.

He is a dude who is still young who would upgrade our unit. He does well in the pass game also. Depends on how his knee and ankles are but he would be worth a look. I would almost prefer him over Jackson.
FYI, we landed on the moon

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #100
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
FYI, we landed on the moon

And Chris Canty!