The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #101
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
The Orangemane only likes players well past their prime.
...and RB's that are on the practice squad.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #102
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Why do you hate Von Miller so much?
Because he's not Patrick Petersen, he's not a CB, he's not the player Rev wanted the Broncos to draft in '11, and he didn't go to LSU.....or all of the above.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #103
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
You do realize that all of the salaries have to fit under the salary cap. At last official accounting we had 18.5 million to spend as well as rookies to sign and then there is a need for an OLT and punter. That 18.5 will not allow much extra to be spent On frills.
You do realize that teams renegotiate, restructure contracts and release other players to free up cap space to sign other players who maybe more expensive and potentially upgrade the team, right?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #104
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
.... and you think Bailey is going to restructure to $5 million?
Well, depends on how badly he wants a SB ring....he may be willing to restructure his contract if he believes Revis would increase the chances of him winning a SB ring.

Champ is HoF bound if he never plays another snap....he's made millions of $$$$ and probably has more than he could ever spend....he's a well respected player and person and has accomplished more than many have in his NFL career. So why keep playing into his late 30's where Father Time is very unforgiving and mandates your speed and agility skills erode?

There's only one answer why he still plays at 35 years of age when other CB's are retiring......to be called a champion, and get a ring.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #105
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,833
Default

I think Denver starts with Doom to gauge the interest
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #106
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
your right, he should be team first like darelle revis who has NEVER held out for more money and is not at all complaining about his contract again

these idiot fans throwing champ under the bus left and right are really starting to piss me off.
Yeah I remember saying trade for Revis
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #107
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7,809
Default

i don't give a crap what he cost. this is similar to when Bailey became available years ago. it would be a huge addition to the D and fortify a key area of need.
the impact that Revis would have on this defense and for Bailey would be epic.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #108
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,401

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I think Denver starts with Doom to gauge the interest
are you high? Maybe start with Joe Mays and then throw in a draft pick or two.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #109
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,643

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I think Denver starts with Doom to gauge the interest
I wouldn't start with ****. I would ask them their price and go from there. That's day one negotiation stuff man.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #110
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i don't give a crap what he cost. this is similar to when Bailey became available years ago. it would be a huge addition to the D and fortify a key area of need.
the impact that Revis would have on this defense and for Bailey would be epic.
three problems, of course.

1. Bailey wasn't coming off a torn ACL. and it's not even a common injury at all for a DB, so it's hard to gauge how easy it is to come back from. agility is kind of important to top flight corner play.

2. CB is not particularly a weakness on this team. when we traded for Bailey, we had a gaping hole at corner. Ask Peyton about the 2003 Broncos secondary.

3. I know we had to open up the checkbook for Champ when we traded for him, but the numbers being tossed around in regards to Revis are $16 million a year. That's an absurd contract. And we have to pay Clady as it is.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #111
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
three problems, of course.

1. Bailey wasn't coming off a torn ACL. and it's not even a common injury at all for a DB, so it's hard to gauge how easy it is to come back from. agility is kind of important to top flight corner play.

2. CB is not particularly a weakness on this team. when we traded for Bailey, we had a gaping hole at corner. Ask Peyton about the 2003 Broncos secondary.

3. I know we had to open up the checkbook for Champ when we traded for him, but the numbers being tossed around in regards to Revis are $16 million a year. That's an absurd contract. And we have to pay Clady as it is.
You are spot on with 1,2 and 3a.

As for Clady. Not sure we can afford him long term and certainly can't revis.

Iirc we have 23 pr so ufA as of the end of 2013. Four or five of them are for sure keepers. Plus just having to replace that many bodies to fill out the roster will be big money anyway. Figure at about 700k average for the last 16-17 and your talking some real money.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:32 AM   #112
Cache Glades
Just Drafted
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
three problems, of course.

1. Bailey wasn't coming off a torn ACL. and it's not even a common injury at all for a DB, so it's hard to gauge how easy it is to come back from. agility is kind of important to top flight corner play.
The whole "he's coming back from ACL" arguments are moot after what AP did last season.
Look, he was the Jets Defense when they were making championship runs. Any Broncos fan who was following the team in the early to mid 00's should understand fully how valuable a shut down CB is to your team. It baffles me that people on here have such short memories.

And for all the flack Revis gets for his attitude and holding out, it doesnt matter. The dude showed up every sunday and basically shutoff one side of the field for the offense.
Cache Glades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #113
Powderaddict
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
are you high? Maybe start with Joe Mays and then throw in a draft pick or two.
Why would the Jets want Mays?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #114
rmsanger
Ring of Famer
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Would be nice having a CB again that could actually keep up and cover somebody. Chump has lost multiple steps and will be relegated to S or sidelines.... But at his salary he's near cuttable.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #115
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Revis would be nice but I think Denver is good enough on the edges, despite the breakdowns against Baltimore. There are coaches that say great teams are strong up the middle.

DT, MLB and Safeties.

You could say Denver is weakest at all these positions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #116
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache Glades View Post
The whole "he's coming back from ACL" arguments are moot after what AP did last season.
Look, he was the Jets Defense when they were making championship runs. Any Broncos fan who was following the team in the early to mid 00's should understand fully how valuable a shut down CB is to your team. It baffles me that people on here have such short memories.

And for all the flack Revis gets for his attitude and holding out, it doesnt matter. The dude showed up every sunday and basically shutoff one side of the field for the offense.
Champ was the best corner in the league in 2004. Yet that year ended pretty much the same way 2003 did (when Champ was a Redskin) Our biggest failure was (and is) in the front 7.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #117
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Revis may have to come to a realization that means he needs to be willing to sacrifice some in the pay department to have a serious shot at the Super Bowl. Or he can languish with losers and roll in his money to comfort his bald fingers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #118
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,576
Default

Expect the Patriots to be very aggressive this offseason and next. There window is closing in the next couple of years and they will be going after some key Free Agents.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #119
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,253
Default

Quote:
According to someone familiar with his thinking, Revis is seeking a contract similar to or “just north of’’ the deal the Bills gave defensive end Mario Williams — six years, $96 million with $50 million guaranteed. That is the largest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...owI7BwNng58MAP
winstoncup bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #120
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
He doesn't deserve that kind of money.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #121
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Revis would be nice but I think Denver is good enough on the edges, despite the breakdowns against Baltimore. There are coaches that say great teams are strong up the middle.

DT, MLB and Safeties.

You could say Denver is weakest at all these positions.
One game indeed doesn't mean we need to gut the defensive backfield, but what a horrible time to cover so terribly. What an epic ****storm that game was.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #122
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Expect the Patriots to be very aggressive this offseason and next. There window is closing in the next couple of years and they will be going after some key Free Agents.
Why do you say that The Window is closing. They actually have more space than we do.

While Brady is not spring chicken he has a lot of tread let on those tires.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #123
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 7,892
Default

Love Doom but, let's face the facts.

He's an all pro in a 3-4 D. He is nothing special in a 4-3 D.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #124
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,401

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Why would the Jets want Mays?
they probably wouldn't but that's where you start the negotiating, besides you never know what they may take so it's better to start low. I was not serious about Mays but trying to make a point.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #125
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Love Doom but, let's face the facts.

He's an all pro in a 3-4 D. He is nothing special in a 4-3 D.
Doom is special at pass rush.. IF and when they get some quality BIGGIES inside the DL he will be just that more special..

I have said it since 2002 if you have quality on the DL then everyone behind them is just that much better.. You do not need all pros as DBs because they do not have to cover their man forever..

the NYG have proved that point for years good players behind their great DL and they win the battles most of the time..

the fact is you can not afford to have 5-7 all pros on a team they just flat cost to much.. but get those run stopping/ pocket collapsing BIGGIE guys. Nagata/Wilfork and everyone around them gets better..

IF we can find one biggie guy to match up with Ayers on the other side that gives us three guys that do it all with DOOM getting some more sacks.. and Von going nuts chasing them down or into Dooms path..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Denver Broncos