The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #76
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

On the surface heck yeah on the move. Problem is he isn't our last piece needed for SB run. Front 7 is our weakness. If Denver does this move we are going all chips infor 13.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #77
NickStixx

Just draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd round. We don't need Revis. Coming off an injury, who's to say he will ever be the same? I don't want to trade Chris Harris at all... We have another year, maybe 2 with Champ at CB. Everyone needs to chill out about him. He had a bad game. Move on.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #78
Punisher
® Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Trade for Revis with the 2nd and the 3rd. Sign Ed Reed,and draft the best DT available with the 1st pick. Problem solved Super Bowl
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #79
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Trade for Revis with the 2nd and the 3rd. Sign Ed Reed,and draft the best DT available with the 1st pick. Problem solved Super Bowl
A late 2nd and 3rd do not get a Darrelle Revis.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #80
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
That would be great, but I doubt that's gonna happen. You gonna have to get up at least a first for Revis (maybe even a 3rd), Ed Reed is going to most likely colts (with his old college and DB coach) or back home to NO.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #81
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Ed Reed has some great leadership qualities. I think we should really give him a look.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #82
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache Glades View Post
Champ was the highest payed CB in the league last season.. if anyone owes anybody anything , he owes us. And after the Baltimore debacle I dont see how Elway asking Champ to take one for the team is so blasphemes. It's a business and ask Shanahan and Pat Bowlen how paying guys for past performance worked out in 2000 and 2001.

http://www.numeroten.com/top-10-list...12-in-the-nfl/
You are delusional if you think Fox and Elway is going to demand Champ take a paycut. You are a friggin idiot if you think Champ is going to accept a pay cut to $5 million. Champ will say if you don't like my salary cut me.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #83
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
You are delusional if you think Fox and Elway is going to demand Champ take a paycut. You are a friggin idiot if you think Champ is going to accept a pay cut to $5 million. Champ will say if you don't like my salary cut me.
Agree, no way we ask Champ anything. Even moving to safety. Anyway... I am all for the Revis signing as long as we structure his deal like we did with Manning. That way we are covered in case he doesn't heal right.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #84
NickStixx

Ed Reed is going to be a Raven next year.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #85
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Unretire Portis
Sign Portis
Trade for Revis.........It worked last time.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #86
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I would cut the **** out of any player that isn't a team player. Champ would have to be a god damn retard to think he will get more then 5 million dollars as a FA as well.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #87
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I would cut the **** out of any player that isn't a team player. Champ would have to be a god damn retard to think he will get more then 5 million dollars as a FA as well.
Yeah, there's no way Champ would ever see Joe Mays or DJ Williams kinda money.

It was one bad game, FFS.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #88
Cache Glades
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'll be pissy if we give up our 1st for him though. We have bigger needs.
You wouldnt give up the 26th pick for Revis Island? Really? Think about that **** for a second and about the the type of talent we'll probably end up with at 26 or where ever were picking.
Cache Glades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #89
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
Ed Reed is going to be a Raven next year.
Likewise, I expect that Champ Bailey will be a CB next year too.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #90
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
You wouldnt give up the 26th pick for Revis Island? Really? Think about that **** for a second and about the the type of talent we'll probably end up with at 26 or where ever were picking.
No and I would not even give them our 28th pick either.

Are you even old enough to post here?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #91
Cache Glades
Just Drafted

Quote:
And they should consider cutting him if they can land Revis. Unless youre a QB, you have zero business being 35 and the highest payed at your position. Use that 11 Million to sign a DL, WR and S. REvis and Champ make the same. Ill take the 27 yr old REvis minus a 1st rounder over the 35 yr old Champ every ****ing day man. **** Loyalty. Youre right, he wont accept a pay cut so why should we show him loyalty?
Cache Glades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #92
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
And they should consider cutting him if they can land Revis. Unless youre a QB, you have zero business being 35 and the highest payed at your position. Use that 11 Million to sign a DL, WR and S. REvis and Champ make the same. Ill take the 27 yr old REvis minus a 1st rounder over the 35 yr old Champ every ****ing day man. **** Loyalty. Youre right, he wont accept a pay cut so why should we show him loyalty?
Yet Daryl Greene played CB till he was 42.

I still there should be a minimum age limit for posting on here.

Btw you have no idea what Champ is going do. How about a little respect for someone that seems to have more class in his little finger than you seem to have..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #93
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
That's our 26th pick for the 1(one) year remaining on his contract. A contract that contains a no-franchise clause. Any team that goes after that kind of deal needs to think they're only a CB away from contention.

We're not a CB away so much as an MLB or RB away (if that)
Old 01-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #94
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Denver needs DT MLB G RB WR and resign Clady and Revis to be true contenders can that be done?
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #95
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Likewise, I expect that Champ Bailey will be a CB next year too.
I agree 100%. Still you can't tell me there wasn't a Broncos player during our championship runs that didn't put the team first. Champ should be the same way.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #96
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I agree 100%. Still you can't tell me there wasn't a Broncos player during our championship runs that didn't put the team first. Champ should be the same way.
your right, he should be team first like darelle revis who has NEVER held out for more money and is not at all complaining about his contract again

these idiot fans throwing champ under the bus left and right are really starting to piss me off.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #97
extralife
Ring of Famer

I'm quite glad that CBS sports article pegs the Niners as interested. That's a great fit and came immediately to mind for me. He would be the missing piece if they weren't already about to win the super bowl anyway!
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #98
Bmore Manning

I thought Beatdown summed up what I was saying about a Champ RESTRUCTURE. He would still get his money, it would be a lightened cap hit. Why is that not sinking in?? And I would bet Bailey would take a PAY CUT to pair up with Revis. If he wants a SB as badly as we all think, adding Revis would certainly help the cause.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #99
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

One NFL general manager called the trade interest in Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis “one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.” He likened the growing interest in Revis to when Reggie White was leaving Philadelphia as a free agent or the Peyton Manning sweepstakes last year. That, basically, says it all about what's happening with Revis.

The possibility of a Revis trade, first reported by CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, is no longer just a possibility, according to a variety of sources. The Jets are strongly leaning toward the trade and teams are considering giving up significant capital to get him.

"There's a Revis gold rush forming,” said a general manager.

The teams highly interested in Revis are looking at teams like the Seahawks and the two Super Bowl participants and how despite this being an offense-driven league now, defenses still can dramatically and quickly change a team's fortune.

Several team sources are claiming the Jets want a first- and second-round pick for Revis, which is astronomical payment considering Revis -- while one of the best players in all of football -- is coming off knee surgery and will want a hefty contract.

The Jets won't get a one and two (no way), but teams think the Jets can get a nice gaggle of picks and a player.

Sources say one of the teams highly interested is the New England Patriots, but not even the Jets, who have made some screwy decisions over the years, would trade Revis to the division-rival Patriots and, in the process, hand them a Super Bowl.

Other teams highly interested, I'm told, are Denver, San Francisco, Buffalo (not happening -- division rival), and even Seattle, which already has some of the best defensive backs in the game. One team also constantly mentioned by league sources is Green Bay, though the Packers, possessors of one of the best front offices in all of sports, usually don't give up high-round picks.

So the race to get Revis is on.

Who will win?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...le-revis-trade
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #100
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
How about Cousins for Revis and a second? Nah, the Jets aren't that stupid.
You sure about that?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote