The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #51
Cache Glades
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
yeah, cut champ, that's a great idea. who do I have to talk to to make you my GM.

Was your electricity out 2 Sundays ago?
Cache Glades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #52
extralife
Ring of Famer

wouldn't matter, I was at the game. which means I got to see things.

but here, lets run a thought experiment:

pretend that you aren't dumb and that Champ was completely awful that game. it's in the books, he fell down on an invisible banana peel ten times and ran off the field crying.

what about that all pro season he just put in? what about the fact that he's the longest tenured Bronco and the face of the franchise, and that to even entertain the possibility of cutting him like a retard would destroy the locker room? what about the fact that we, you know, want to win a super bowl next year?

or just go back to running the Broncos on Madden like an idiot, whatever works.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #53
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache Glades View Post
I seem to remember the last time we traded for the best cb in the league it working out pretty well for us. If he would agree to sign a long term deal I would deal 2 ones for him. Well be picking late anyway.
And while we're at it, cut champ (not even close to being worth 11m at age 35) and restructure Peyton's deal with a big bonus since now we know he's healthy.
Glad your not in charge.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #54
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
no the hell there isn't. if the CB doesn't get roasted in coverage and allow the Jones to get 6 yards away then Moore's bad play on the ball is moot and we win that game.
Watch the play again. He didn't get roasted. He was clearly playing a zone and "dropped" coverage expecting the help over top. He got the help, but the help played the ball wrong and here we are.

Well Revis would NO DOUBT be an instant upgrade on this defense. But I think his cost would mean that you would not be looking at any FA MLB's or DT's that are really high end. I can't say it would be a bad move either because the dude is only 27 and he is a very well rounded CB, much like Champ in his prime. In a few years Champ will be gone and we would still have this guy. If we landed him, wow, that would be a nice secondary as far as your CB's go. Champ, Revis and Harris playing the nickel. Still would hope to get 1 good safety to go along with them and hopefully we could find a decent MLB and DT. Maybe if Revis wanted a real shot at a few rings with Manning he could be traded here and restructure the contract.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #55
extralife
Ring of Famer

Revis has held out twice and structured his contract so that he's in complete control of it. The chances of him taking less to play with the Broncos are ridiculously low.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:41 AM   #56
Bacchus

Think about this guys. Revis will be a FA after next season. If Denver could send the jets a 4th or 5th and get Revis it would be awesome. If Revis plays very well then the Broncos could think about re-signing him. If Revis wants too much money they let him go to FA.

On a one year deal I would not mind paying him $11 million. He'll be worth it for one year. He might just get a SB ring in Denver. Maybe he'll play so good Denver will re-sign him and move Champ to Safety?

I wouldn't just say "hell no" on this. His one year deal means that he will probably be traded cheap and that will give Denver all the flexibility on what they want to do with him after the 2013 season.

It really depends on the market. Some team might come in with a 2nd rounder and give Revis a new contract. Then of course I would not want Denver being that team.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:59 AM   #57
Bmore Manning

His cap hit is $9 million this year.. You restructure Champ to $5 million and your almost paying what we paid for Bailey and Porter last year. But now you have the best CB in the league with another top 10 CB who is plenty talented enough to be your number 2..

But it's gonna cost a first rounder..
Old 01-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #58
socalorado
Ring of Famer

If Revis is given a clean bill of health, and looks great by the FO, then hell yeah you do whatever you can to sign the best CB in the NFL.
Draft a MLB and another DT.
My opinion of the DT position is to continuosly draft them every year at some point regardless of need simply because its a coveted position, and they are always wanting insane $$$ when their contract is up.
DEN doesnt need a whole lot on either side of the ball, so drafting to address those needs, and then getting a superstar at CB would be perfect.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 AM   #59
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
His cap hit is $9 million this year.. You restructure Champ to $5 million and your almost paying what we paid for Bailey and Porter last year. But now you have the best CB in the league with another top 10 CB who is plenty talented enough to be your number 2..

Yeah, theres no way this doesnt cost DEN a 1st rounder.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #60
Bacchus

Quote:

.... and you think Bailey is going to restructure to $5 million?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #61
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
There's a HUGE difference between restructure and paycut. In a restructure, all they're doing is moving money around on the books from salary to bonus, etc., but Champ would still get every penny he was promised in his contract. He'd just count less against the cap.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #62
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Glad your amused. Why should he be paid $9 million to be our #2 corner? He wants a SB.. It's more realistic than getting Revis for a 5TH ROUND PICK!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #63
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

I don't care about the restructuring...I don't want to trade a 1st rounder for a guy notorious for whining about a contract and holding out and at a position that is not our weakest.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #64
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

His cap hit is 9 million to the Jets, less than that to a team who signs him because prorated bonuses, it would only be 6 million to any team that trades for him (3 million salary, 1 million roster bonus, 1 million workout bonus, 1 million reporting bonus).
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #65
BroncoBrett
Beef curtains

PFM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
I find this funny. Rex will throw Revis on the tradeblock, but stick by ****hole Sanchez. I even remember him saying "Sanchez will be our starter for as long as I'm coach."
Well he is forever attached to Sanchez. lol..
Attached Images

BroncoBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #66
Cache Glades
Just Drafted

Quote:
Champ was the highest payed CB in the league last season.. if anyone owes anybody anything , he owes us. And after the Baltimore debacle I dont see how Elway asking Champ to take one for the team is so blasphemes. It's a business and ask Shanahan and Pat Bowlen how paying guys for past performance worked out in 2000 and 2001.

http://www.numeroten.com/top-10-list...12-in-the-nfl/
Old 01-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #67
Cache Glades
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
His cap hit is 9 million to the Jets, less than that to a team who signs him because prorated bonuses, it would only be 6 million to any team that trades for him (3 million salary, 1 million roster bonus, 1 million workout bonus, 1 million reporting bonus).
Well you dont trade for Revis unless he agrees to a long-term deal, atleast in principal. He'll cost 11-12 million a year over 5-6 years with a 15-20M bonus and we would have to give up atleast a 1st with a starter or two 1st. Possibly Chris Harris , a 3rd and this yrs first.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #68
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Think about this guys. Revis will be a FA after next season. If Denver could send the jets a 4th or 5th and get Revis it would be awesome. If Revis plays very well then the Broncos could think about re-signing him. If Revis wants too much money they let him go to FA.
You have obviously missed the reports of the Jets wanting at least a first round pick.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #69
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
You have obviously missed the reports of the Jets wanting at least a first round pick.
What are they supposed to do? Start negotiations at a 4th rounder?

Have you never heard of the concept of negotiating before? You always ask for MORE than you want/expect and negotiate from there.

They can "demand" a first all they want. They're probably not going to get it though.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #70
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache Glades View Post
Champ was the highest payed CB in the league last season.. if anyone owes anybody anything , he owes us. And after the Baltimore debacle I dont see how Elway asking Champ to take one for the team is so blasphemes. It's a business and ask Shanahan and Pat Bowlen how paying guys for past performance worked out in 2000 and 2001.

http://www.numeroten.com/top-10-list...12-in-the-nfl/
He earned it for every game but one. If we want to start collecting refunds from players I don't think it should be limited to Champ.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #71
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Denver is interested according to this report. I think it would be dumb to give up a lot for him. Probably past his prime and coming off a serious knee injury. Is it worth a first round pick and then some plus the money he would cost?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...le-revis-trade
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #72
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
I find this funny. Rex will throw Revis on the tradeblock, but stick by ****hole Sanchez. I even remember him saying "Sanchez will be our starter for as long as I'm coach."
To be fair to Rex, they can actually get something in return for Revis instead of laughter and used condoms.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #73
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

This is one of those situations where I'd rather it not happen, if if it did, id talk myself into it pretty easily. I guess a lot depends what they give up.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #74
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Denver is interested according to this report. I think it would be dumb to give up a lot for him. Probably past his prime and coming off a serious knee injury. Is it worth a first round pick and then some plus the money he would cost?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...le-revis-trade
He's not going to be worth it, at least not for us. But he's only 27 years old. I'm not sure how that could ever be considered past prime.

I'll be pissy if we give up our 1st for him though. We have bigger needs.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #75
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBrett View Post
Well he is forever attached to Sanchez. lol..
He could find a QB to wear #8. Pretty easy fix to the tattoo.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote