The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Bmore Manning

Default Review And Moving Forward

Let me clear the air on a few topics..

1. Moore is 100% responsible on the hail mary pass. He jumped the inside route when there was LB coverage underneath. He was way to shallow from the start of the play and as always was a step off. He doesn't have the awareness to be a starting safety in the NFL based on the product on the field over the last two years. Carter also gave up on the play and should have broken to the ball instead of just holding underneath.

2. Peyton can throw more than 15 yards. Though his arm strength showed vulnerability on some passes, the reason he can't throw it quiet the same is that he can't grip the ball quiet the same. The Ravens lined up in cover two with both safeties high, forcing everything to happen in front of them. The Ravend took away our strength of allowing the defense to hunt and turn it into a boxing match where we weren't physical enough to match them. Peyton surely isn't without blame, his decision in 2OT was something he wishes he could have back, Stokely was open but Peyton didn't get enough on it. His first pick was a product of Decker not making the catch and getting mugged.. The one fumble should have been the tuck rule, maybe it only applies to Brady? Heading into overtime as our friend Son of Lothing has repeatedly thrown out, Peyton had over a 100 QB rating. While not a great game, it surely wasn't his worst game.

3. The receivers couldn't get seperation and the OLine couldn't protect nor knock their line off the ball. We had no running game to worry about so they continually pressed and forced Peyton to have to dink and dunk, because that was all that was available!

4. The defense played poorly over all, they couldn't stop the run or pass and missed one too many assignments. I think if your satisfied with the talent on the D in general than your kidding yourself. What really boggles my mind is the free releases that WRs get against our CBs even when they play bump and run.

5. Mike McCoy had nothing creative drawn up, there were no wrinkles added in all that time off. Is this because they were saving it for next week or is there really nothing creative in McCoys mind? I'm curious why we didn't use more screens and wrinkles with holiday and Hillman in the passing game. Why was VG not utilized in the passing game? I saw the TEs abusing Ray Lewis and Ellerbe, but the lack of a play maker an athletic TE hurt the team. Nobody was explosive enough to make anything happen underneath except for DTs nice screen pass, which I'm still wondering why it wasn't used more..?

6. That was the correct call to run on 3rd and 7, with under two minutes to play. If you play the percentages that is the correct play. But the coaching staff and coordinators are far from without blame. Why didn't Fox punt instead of attempting that FG? Needless to say they scored off that decision. McCoy and Fox were predictable and forgettable, nothing creative or aggressive to offset the two deep look. Del Rio.. way to roll safety help over the top of Smith after he was successful the first time. If flacco doesn't overthrow Smith, he would have done it three times to Champ. Rio rolled the safety over the TE instead of using more Trevathan or DJ in coverage situations, kind of a head scratcher.

7. The team looked like the team from the beginning of the year who was still learning the system and each other. The personnel really isn't as strong as many give them credit for. I think today really exposed Denver.

Hope is not loss there are solutions and plenty to look forward too. While I don't advocate loosing for a better draft pick, maybe now we have a shot at one of the better players who falls. So let's look at how we can improve.

1. Moore needs to be replaced at FS, wether that is with an impact FA like Byrd or Gholdson, someone in the draft Elam, or someone on the roster in Bailey. Should Bailey move to FS we still need 2CBs and one of them should be a starter unless they plan to resign Porter. I would prefer pressman corners myself, that's not a trait of any of our current CBs. If Bailey stays at CB he should play on the other teams possession receiver.

2. Another offseason of OTAs will make the offense grow even more. It will also give Peyton more rehabbing time. It will also now bring to the forefront the importance of adding an explosive player. Hopefully another offseason will bring out more of Green and JT will get healthy and start putting it all together so we can have some athleticism at TE.

3. How important is a true RB who can pass protect? I'm not of the impression that Moreno deserves another chance as a starter. He's just a little bit better version of Ball. Moreno can pass protect, but he's slow and doesn't run with much conviction. Hillman is indecisive, if he hit the hole hard he would have Jamal Charles type upside. He is young but maybe an offseason will help. I think McGahee back will help, but what's the long term answer of the power runner who can pass protect? To me it shouldn't be Knowshon..did I mention he's fragile?

4. The defense was the real weakness yesterday. There is ZERO interior pressure, and the DLine was bullied all game. I have been saying that we need to upgrade our DTs with one in the draft (Brandon Williams) and one in free agency (Knighton or Sims). The exterior pass rush was non existsnt, but damn McKinney held Doom sooo many times yesterday. Having Hunter back should improve the freshness of the pass rush, but I believe we struggled inside all season, teams create a nice pocket for their QB to step up into against us. Do I need to mention the need for another LB or two? Someone to back up Von do he can play as an ocassional DE also wouldn't hurt. If he are to get hurt we would play a more traditional 4-3 anyway and Irving as the back up is just blah. I dont reslly need to kerp beating the dead horse about the dire need for a MLB. We need another Corner to groom and I still want to see another safety added to the mix. I'd prefer move Adams to FS instead of moving champ there, putting Moore behind him and then upgrading at SS with Carter behind that player. Otherwise we need to get a better FS in FA, because Moore needs to earn any playing time and not be handed the starting job.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. The assumption was made that we were loaded on all sides of the ball and I really didn't see it that way. But this lose could open our eyes to what we really need and we can address the final touches this offseason.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

this is no blessing.
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

1996 wasn't a blessing either. This is just ****

Upward and onward though
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
Agamemnon

Blessing in disguise? Is this the kind of bull**** you Colts fans feed yourselves when you go one and done with Manning? Just **** off...
Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
Drunken.Broncoholic

I have a problem with number 6. That's regular season stradegy. When there's an opportunity to win the game you take it 100%. You don't lie down and give the other team a chance. Not in the playoffs. Manning didnt have to throw it of no one was open. It's at least trying. Ravens only needed seconds to score before halftime. From the same distance. And you give them another shot? The punt was terrible. A long int by manning wouldve been more productive.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Blessing in disguise? Is this the kind of bull**** you Colts fans feed yourselves when you go one and done with Manning? Just **** off...
I agree, **** off
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
Bmore Manning

Why do I get nothing but negativity..and the thread another poster started is getting quality feedback??
Old 01-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Cliffs:

- Poster named "BmoreManning" joins after Manning signs
- Poster blames loss on everyone not named Manning
- I'm stunned
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Why do I get nothing but negativity..and the thread another poster started is getting quality feedback??
they're called cliques.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Cliffs:

- I'm stunned
Winner winner chicken dinner.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Cliffs:

- I'm stunned
I was very forward about that when I joined and didn't pretend I was some long time Bronco fan. I guess being real isn't appreciated. I blame some of the loss on Manning, is it soely Peyton's fault?

I thought there was some progression between us as to be well informed posters who can converse..?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I was very forward about that when I joined and didn't pretend I was some long time Bronco fan. I guess being real isn't appreciated. I blame some of the loss on Manning, is it soely Peyton's fault?

I thought there was some progression between us as to be well informed posters who can converse..?
I'm just giving you **** because, well, those are accurate cliffs.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #13
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I'm just giving you **** because, well, those are accurate cliffs.
I would have thought being forward from the get go would be respected. I have contributed well on here, and not all Manning based! I don't see how I blamed the list on anyone who wasn't deserving, I believe I spread the blame around on many facets..? So because I'm a Peyton fan I can't become a Bronco fan and be just as upset about the loss?

I know I give a very real unbiased opinion, I guess we don't like that around here, and I should say **** dude it's Peyton's fault we lost.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #14
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I would have thought being forward from the get go would be respected. I have contributed well on here, and not all Manning based! I don't see how I blamed the list on anyone who wasn't deserving, I believe I spread the blame around on many facets..? So because I'm a Peyton fan I can't become a Bronco fan and be just as upset about the loss?

I know I give a very real unbiased opinion, I guess we don't like that around here, and I should say **** dude it's Peyton's fault we lost.
You should relax. Taking a joke post WAY too hard.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #15
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Bmore you are a good poster regardless of the reasons why you post here.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #16
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Bmore you are a good poster regardless of the reasons why you post here.
Thank you, I'm glad you see it that way!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #17
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I think we have to go with game ready players in D via FA and draft weapons on O.

Donnie Avery should be our target at slot. He is a FA, and cost the Colts 615K last year. The guy is lightning fast. Runs right around 4.3.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #18
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Yesterday sucked. But we'll dust ourselves off and be right back in the "playoff mix" again next year. Hopefully with a more positive result.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #19
Agamemnon

Quote:
You just said the biggest choke job in Broncos history was a "blessing in disguise" while not even being a Bronco fan. If you expect that to illicit positivity you are on crack.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #20
DENVERDUI55

RB, MLB, DT, CB, S, OL, WR job openings. Apply at Dove Valley.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #21
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I think we have to go with game ready players in D via FA and draft weapons on O.

Donnie Avery should be our target at slot. He is a FA, and cost the Colts 615K last year. The guy is lightning fast. Runs right around 4.3.
We surely need something explosive for the slot. I think there's a plathora of free agency talent. A proven DT and a MLB may come through free agency.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #22
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Lol, open tryouts?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #23
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Worked for Stokley who was coaching my son's flag football team last year
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #24
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
We surely need something explosive for the slot. I think there's a plathora of free agency talent. A proven DT and a MLB may come through free agency.
Hartline is my next thought at WR if we can't land Avey. Hopefully Manning and Champ will have a horrible taste in their mouths after this game and rework their contract to free up more room.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #25
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
While not a great game, it surely wasn't his worst game.
2 INT's and 2 fumbles

You're critical of the LB's, the D Line, the O Line, the CB's, the Safeties, the WR's, the TE's, and the RB's...but nothing about Manning?

Especially cute is how you start out by defending Manning's self-confessed audible on 3rd and 7 to a run.

A measly 7 Offensive points in the last four quarters of football?...pathetic. For $18M you think a guy would attempt a pass over 15 yards, especially when Flacco was completing bombs all day.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote