The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer
 
LetsGoBroncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,385
Default The bottom line....with perspective

I am just as crushed if not more than all of you. I literally had trouble sleeping all week, I couldn't focus on anything. This team took over my life and I am just as upset as everyone else. I recognize that these opportunities where you have home field and the remaining teams left are all very beatable come along about once every 15-20 years. There is no sugar coating this loss or saying "we will be back next year." We could go 16-0 and our road to the Super Bowl won't be any easier than it was this year.

Having said all that this business of saying Manning should retire or we need to fire Fox is ridiculous. We made about 10 HUGE mistakes yesterday, the refs made 5-6 HUGE calls that were incorrect that directly led to Ravens points, the weather favored Baltimore, and even after all that all we had to do was keep them from going 77 yards in a minute with no timeouts. I think it is very immature to be yelling for Fox to be fired or for Manning to retire. If just one of those calls the refs blew (any of the 3-4 PI calls, the Boldin catch, the holding on third and 1 that we converted) is called correctly or just one of the big mistakes we made (Champ misplaying the ball on the second Smith TD, Rahim Moore, Manning Int, Prater kick) doesn't happen we probably win the game. And that is with all the other bad calls and mistakes still happening.

Baltimore needed us to play bad (we did), they needed some turnovers (they got them), they needed some lucky breaks (they got them), and they needed the refs to blow a couple calls in their favor (they did) to win. We also had our top two RB's out (McGahee and Moreno). They got EVERYTHING they needed and we still only had to knock down that ball with 40 seconds left and we win.

So please keep all of this in perspective when you are saying we need a new coach or new QB. Just about everything that could have gone wrong did and we still should have won.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
BroncsCheer
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I was thinking about starting a perspective thread, but I will just add to this one.

I think the team overachieved this year. Sure, 1 seed and HF advantage were nice and created a lot of expectations, but very few of us expected those things in week 1.

I think they are ahead of schedule. Another draft, another offseason and development of chemistry among key players should help immensely.

The team needs to be able to run the rock at will - that's a draft priority.

Add to that more help to the DL, LB Corps, and OL should shore up the trenches.

I'm like all of you guys - hating on the conservative play calling. It's a calculated risk that people who get paid to make, make. I'm not on an NFL team or a coaching staff, so it's easy for me to sit here at my kitchen table and second guess these guys - fact is, I don't really 'lose' if I'm wrong. The teams do.

Next year is the year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Glee is a hit tv show and a 400 pound woman who caved in a ****ing sidewalk said her fatness saved her life.


There is your perspective people. The broncos losing is the least of our worries.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,188
Default

Good post.

This site is not indicative of the entire Broncos nation of fans, but it is indicative of how being too emotional about their team can lead to irrational and insane whack job thoughts.

Too many times we see people get emotionally invested in one player, or the team instead of looking at it objectively. To read all these threads that say fire this guy, get rid of this guy, etc. is laughable. We didn't play as well as we had, made too many mistakes....and the Ravens got a few breaks.

It happens.....Elway and Co. will look at this team objectively, make the necessary roster-depth chart changes and prepare for the upcoming draft and try to make another run at bringing another title to Denver.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Good post.

This site is not indicative of the entire Broncos nation of fans, but it is indicative of how being too emotional about their team can lead to irrational and insane whack job thoughts.

Too many times we see people get emotionally invested in one player, or the team instead of looking at it objectively. To read all these threads that say fire this guy, get rid of this guy, etc. is laughable. We didn't play as well as we had, made too many mistakes....and the Ravens got a few breaks.

It happens.....Elway and Co. will look at this team objectively, make the necessary roster-depth chart changes and prepare for the upcoming draft and try to make another run at bringing another title to Denver.


Good post. I missed you the most!


Seriously though, good post.


Orton sucks....



But still, good post.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #6
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!
 
Goobzilla's Avatar
 
BA-ZING!!

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,567

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson
Default

No guarantees going forward you have to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves. That's why this hurts, most people are expecting us to go on a 97-98 run after this but it's not a given.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer
 
LetsGoBroncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
No guarantees going forward you have to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves. That's why this hurts, most people are expecting us to go on a 97-98 run after this but it's not a given.
Agree 100%. Like I said we not be in this good a position entering the playoffs for a very long time. That's why this hurts. I feel like my guts have been ripped out.

I just don't see what everything going wrong at once means we need to fire our coach and our QB should retire
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Good post. I missed you the most!


Seriously though, good post.


Orton sucks....



But still, good post.
Thank you...

.....and Tebow swallows
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!
 
Goobzilla's Avatar
 
BA-ZING!!

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,567

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Agree 100%. Like I said we not be in this good a position entering the playoffs for a very long time. That's why this hurts. I feel like my guts have been ripped out.

I just don't see what everything going wrong at once means we need to fire our coach and our QB should retire
Fans will be leery of Fox should we advance to the playoffs next year. We went away from what made us successful and it cost us. I don't want him fired, but he needs to admit his failure and hopefully learn from it.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #10
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Thank you...

.....and Tebow swallows
Swallows the venom of the haters and then ****s out wins of course.


Good point.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #11
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
No guarantees going forward you have to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves. That's why this hurts, most people are expecting us to go on a 97-98 run after this but it's not a given.
nothing is guaranteed....but in fairness to those thinking that, the pattern this team is following is eerily similar to those '95-'98 years.

Mike came in after a short lived Wade Phillips tenure, and went 8-8, then 13-3 won HFA throughout, was a prohibitive favorite to win SB and lost a playoff game game that they probably shouldn't have, sending many fans into the same doom and gloom knee jerk thought process you currently see happening now on the front page of this forum.

Cue the twilight zone theme.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #12
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

We were a different team in 98 though. We had a offensive coordinator that heard of crazy things like throwing on third down.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #13
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Swallows the venom of the haters and then ****s out wins of course.


Good point.

Not anymore......but his brother is happily rejoicing at our playoff loss all over twitter I've been told.

This 2012 team is a good team....that had a bad game at the wrong time evidently. But you can't tell that to these whack jobs on here who all of a sudden want to cut and fire almost every player and coach. It is just crazy....

I imagine if this were '96....and the orangemane was around, you'd have people in here saying Elway needs to retire, that Mike and Kubiak needed to be fired, etc. etc. because we lost one playoff game.

Un****ingbelievable!
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #14
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Not anymore......but his brother is happily rejoicing at our playoff loss all over twitter I've been told.

This 2012 team is a good team....that had a bad game at the wrong time evidently. But you can't tell that to these whack jobs on here who all of a sudden want to cut and fire almost every player and coach. It is just crazy....

I imagine if this were '96....and the orangemane was around, you'd have people in here saying Elway needs to retire, that Mike and Kubiak needed to be fired, etc. etc. because we lost one playoff game.

Un****ingbelievable!
Lol. So true. I would have loved to be on the Mane after Jacksonville. Omg that would be hilarious.

I was there, I sat in the seats for 15 minutes crying when most had shuffled out.


Yesterday doesn't come close to that devastation. We will be back and very strong next year.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #15
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
We were a different team in 98 though. We had a offensive coordinator that heard of crazy things like throwing on third down.
This may shock you, but some OC's are better than others,

I understand being frustrated by the conservative playcalling, but I'm sure the consensus of the brain trust of Fox and Co. figured that they'd be able to kill more clock, reduce the risk of a turnover pin the Ravens down inside their own 20 perhaps and force them to go about 80 yards.

The defense gave up a 70 yard TD pass....it rarely happens, but it happened to us this time.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
This may shock you, but some OC's are better than others,

I understand being frustrated by the conservative playcalling, but I'm sure the consensus of the brain trust of Fox and Co. figured that they'd be able to kill more clock, reduce the risk of a turnover pin the Ravens down inside their own 20 perhaps and force them to go about 80 yards.

The defense gave up a 70 yard TD pass....it rarely happens, but it happened to us this time.
I mean in general. I love fox and am an old school guy. I know you will crack on Tebow, but my overall point is McCoy is a terrible oc. Has been since last year. He has been carried by his qbs despite handicapping them.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #17
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Aurora
Posts: 533
Default

No one died. No one was seriously injured. I don't have to attend any funerals or grieve the loss of someone I love. That's heartbreak.

The sun rose this morning and the Broncos will play again next season.
XXXII&III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,008

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
No guarantees going forward you have to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves. That's why this hurts, most people are expecting us to go on a 97-98 run after this but it's not a given.
Yup.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #19
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,038

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXII&III View Post
No one died. No one was seriously injured. I don't have to attend any funerals or grieve the loss of someone I love. That's heartbreak.

The sun rose this morning and the Broncos will play again next season.
All good points, I get it, Real Life >> Nfl Football


that being said, the broncos died, the franchise was seriously injured for all time, and if you love the broncos then you do grieve.

August is 7 months away, until then the ghosts of yesterday will haunt the thoughts of any bronco football fan. Real life is and always should be more important, but if you are compartmentalizing Bronco football then this is no minor loss.

Lets all go get on the real life boards, talk about our taxes, our deficit, gun control, spend time with our kids, hug our loved ones. And when that is all over and you need a distraction come here to the orangemane
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #20
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Lol. So true. I would have loved to be on the Mane after Jacksonville. Omg that would be hilarious.

I was there, I sat in the seats for 15 minutes crying when most had shuffled out.


Yesterday doesn't come close to that devastation. We will be back and very strong next year.
I guess I'm different. I have never cried over a Broncos loss, no matter how crushing it felt...because I personally had no effect on the outcome. no matter how much I thought 'don't allow anyone to get behind you" I had no control over Moore allowing Raven's WR to do so (He BTW blames himself for this loss http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...n-ended-on-me-)

I never get that emotional about the team despite my passion for it...I understand that we cannot win every game, that we cannot win the SB every year, that sometimes we're going to have great players and other time bad players, that it is a business and despite my personal feelings of a player or coach, they might get fired, released, or traded.

When I saw that Tucker's kick was going to be good, I just shook my head and told my buddies at the sports bar "see ya, next season guys..."

This loss is not the end of the world, and this team may have disappointed some of these clowns in here, but they'll be back more motivated next season, because like every KC Chiefs fan knows, there's always next year.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #21
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I guess I'm different. I have never cried over a Broncos loss, no matter how crushing it felt...because I personally had no effect on the outcome. no matter how much I thought 'don't allow anyone to get behind you" I had no control over Moore allowing Raven's WR to do so (He BTW blames himself for this loss http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...n-ended-on-me-)

I never get that emotional about the team despite my passion for it...I understand that we cannot win every game, that we cannot win the SB every year, that sometimes we're going to have great players and other time bad players, that it is a business and despite my personal feelings of a player or coach, they might get fired, released, or traded.

When I saw that Tucker's kick was going to be good, I just shook my head and told my buddies at the sports bar "see ya, next season guys..."

This loss is not the end of the world, and this team may have disappointed some of these clowns in here, but they'll be back more motivated next season, because like every KC Chiefs fan knows, there's always next year.


It's part of growing up I think. I was 18 then, now I'm a bald married guy. I was the same yesterday. I was upset, but I slept fine last night.

I was more upset atmy apathy, but now I think it's just being a man and not being a giant crybaby like so many here.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #22
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
I mean in general. I love fox and am an old school guy. I know you will crack on Tebow, but my overall point is McCoy is a terrible oc. Has been since last year. He has been carried by his qbs despite handicapping them.
Well if McCoy gets hired by another team, that problem you believe exists will rectify itself, correct?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #23
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well if McCoy gets hired by another team, that problem you believe exists will rectify itself, correct?
I'm pretty confident in it. Yes.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #24
manchambo
Ring of Famer
 
manchambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,349
Default

Here's what gives me perspective: every year teams that could we. The Super Bowl don't win the Super Bowl. They lose on a freak mistake with thirty seconds left, or a couple of bad calls, or their opponent playing a bit over their heads because their hall of fame emotional leader is retiring, or whatever. Or they go undefeated and then lose to an inferior team in the Super Bowl just because. Or they dominate a team with a quarterback who can't even throw the ball only to give up an eighty yard td on the first play of ot.

That, of course, is the entire reason why people watch football. But it doesn't prove that a team that won 11 games in a row actually sucked, or that the best qb in the league should retire.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #25
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Aurora
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
It's part of growing up I think. I was 18 then, now I'm a bald married guy. I was the same yesterday. I was upset, but I slept fine last night.

I was more upset atmy apathy, but now I think it's just being a man and not being a giant crybaby like so many here.
Growing up will do that to you.
XXXII&III is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Denver Broncos