The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Default Broncos choke in historic fashion

Best read I've seen on game. And by "best" I certainly don't mean "most enjoyable"...

Quote:
The Baltimore Ravens offered plenty of great quotes about resolve and a relentless spirit, which was their right after their 38-35 victory in double overtime. But nobody outside of their fan base should buy into such bluster. The Ravens won because they hung around long enough to take advantage of the Broncos' critical errors. That's the only way to explain the way this AFC divisional playoff game played out.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...ltimore-ravens

Last edited by TonyR; 01-13-2013 at 10:27 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Man, I don't even want to read it. I'm barely able to watch ESPN now to see the lowlights of the debacle again.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Man, I don't even want to read it. I'm barely able to watch ESPN now to see the lowlights of the debacle again.
I hear ya. The only thing that's working even a little bit for me is reminding myself over and over how awful losing to the Pats was going to be.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Havent watched any tv and Ive heard a snippet of radio of a guy calling Manning the biggest choke job in NFL (playoff) history as he is now tied for most losses in the postseason with Favre. Of course when you are in the playoffs 11 years in a row, losses will happen.

Without reading the article (first time back on the Mane and it is going to be tough), seems there are some excuses built in for Denver. Simply put, Ravens came to play and there were just enough plays to blow it for Denver. Example: Blown coverage with 30 seconds to go. Just something to stretch out the example to the whole game is where was the massive pressure on Flacco? I had to fast forward (or speed watch) a lot of the first half as I DVRd it but unless I missed something early, that wasn't happening.

Ravens didn't just hang around. They were fighting for that same win Denver was going for also. They came in the game with a different mindset and gameplan and they won.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

Epic Choke...............the team will never live this one down...........they have left us in the dark.............
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #7
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

ESPN Stats & Info

@ESPNStatsInfo
According to the ESPN Stats & Info win probability model, Broncos had 97.2% chance to win the game in the situation before Jones' TD
12 Jan 13.

Ouch baby, very ouch

Unfortunate. Very unfortunate. But that's football. Let's not overreact and think the team sucks
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

This loss will live forever...just like 96 loss.
Big time chokers..Shanny team used to choke in regular season games..This team choked in playoff games..Should be used to it by now
Old 01-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
This loss will live forever...just like 96 loss.
Big time chokers..Shanny team used to choke in regular season games..This team choked in playoff games..Should be used to it by now
This team choked in playoff games? When did this team choke a playoff game after this one since we only have 2? Did they choke at Patriots last season? Let me know where the Broncos were favored to win that game? This "team" has had 3 playoff games. I believe only DJ Williams has been in more as a Broncos player. This is one game choke. It was big time choke but is only one. Only good thing about the loss is no gameday threads of your post and run of "Broncos suck" and then don't hear from you for the rest of the game as Broncos dominate to the win. Piss poor fan you are here.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #10
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Terrible coaching.....the worst I've seen since McD!

The only thing they had was the deep ball. Yet, we didn't even plan for it. Then Bailey gets roasted...not once, but twice in the first half alone. O.k., so at least we'll shut it down in the 2nd half. We'll put the safeties in deep outside coverage and forget about safety help in the box...because it wasn't helping anyway. But, somehow it just didn't happen.

I remember thinking when the Ravens snapped the ball...there's only 40 some seconds left....all they have to do is keep them from going deep and this game is over. If you're the defensive captains...that's surely what you are telling your guys...right. You would have told Moore....to play deep and not let anyone get by you. But, they didn't. They played it like they had the rest of the game. We got zero pressure (so much for VonDoom) and Flacco threw it for grabs.

Besides Fox and his prevent offense....the coaching on the defensive side of the ball was pathetic as well. Fox/JDR..............should be embarrassed!
Hamrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

This team was really good at beating .500 teams...coach, qb, playcalling, etc...all 0-4 when it came to playing the best teams this year. We beat ourselves in each of those games and it was back in full fashion yesterday. Head up azzes.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Was so numb after yesterday's debacle that the pain hasn't really begun to sink in until today.

This one is going to sting for a LONG time...
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #13
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Someone needs to make a sign and go display it front of Broncos HQ about Fox's conservatism
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Can't disagree with that assessment. Total choke job.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #15
Banana Pants
Imagine the Possibilities

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You play up to 3 games in the playoffs. You can only lose once. After 14 years in the league the guy has a losing record in the playoffs, and is tied for the most losses by a starting QB in history. 18 million a year for that? That's like 1.65 millon per win towards the cap. Hmm. Maybe Scott Pioli wasn't so dumb after all...
Banana Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #16
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
This team choked in playoff games? When did this team choke a playoff game after this one since we only have 2? Did they choke at Patriots last season? Let me know where the Broncos were favored to win that game? This "team" has had 3 playoff games. I believe only DJ Williams has been in more as a Broncos player. This is one game choke. It was big time choke but is only one. Only good thing about the loss is no gameday threads of your post and run of "Broncos suck" and then don't hear from you for the rest of the game as Broncos dominate to the win. Piss poor fan you are here.
I did this for a purpose..After i said "Our team sucks", we were playing better..
In Playoff's..when i said "Our team sucks"..we truly sucked.
It happened last year too..may be i need to change it when the playoff starts.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
This one belongs in the discussion of “greatest playoff games of all time.” It’s hard to give it the nod, though, because the most dramatic play and the most dramatic decision were more about one team’s mistakes than about another team’s greatness. The mistakes came from the Broncos. One was safety Rahim Moore’s failure to recognize his deep-half zone responsibilities on Jacoby Jones’ 70-yard touchdown. Another was John Fox telling Peyton Manning to take a knee with half a minute to go in regulation when the Broncos had acceptable field position (own 20 yard-line) and two timeouts. Why are you paying Manning more than $1 million a game if you’re not going to lean on him in that situation?
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...playoff-games/