The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #26
HorseHead
Ring of Famer
 
HorseHead's Avatar
 
Stay thirsty my friends..

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,403

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay
Default

No pressure on Flacco = bombs away....

Our DB's were great this year 'cuz we had pressure on a consistent basis. People crappin' on 18 might want to look at the two studs on defense...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #27
broncobum6162
Manning Up!
 
broncobum6162's Avatar
 
Baaammmmmmmm!!

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Beautiful Baugher Lake....
Posts: 1,409

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
We're not as well coached as we thought we were. I'll give you that.
Instead of Martyball its "JOHNnyball"
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #28
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,560
Default

Bad play + bad playcalling + bad officiating = loss. It does not change what Denver did through the regular season. We do have a team going in the right direction. Add some depth and speed through the middle of the defense and see about getting a bellcow RB.

Losing sucks, but it happens. On to next year.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #29
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,329

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...are you kidding me?

Champ was beaten like a drum all day for 2 easy long-distance TD strikes, numerous first downs, and on the ONE TD Moore gave up (albeit easy), Carter was beaten like a drum and jogging behind underneath.

I know it's fun to blame it on Moore because that play was dumb as ****, but our underneath coverage was easily the main contributor to the loss, with monsieur Manning's play a close second and the refs in third.
I'm wondering why Champ was playing slot so much, and Carter at LCB.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #30
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Just stop. A LOT more went into losing that game than that play.
So 70 yard Hail Marys when the player himself admits to trying to be a hero instead of doing his job is just another play in the game

Not buying it. Your premise is Denver is not physically able to compete in the AFC

Sorry you can't convince me to ignore the ultimate mental blunder in Denver Broncos history as "we should have seen this coming"

Last edited by CEH; 01-13-2013 at 08:59 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #31
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

I did. This team made some huge strides this year and exceeded most of our expectations. 14 in a row is a lot to ask... I'm confident we will be much better next year.

We were not a good team for many years... It takes time.

Remember "suck for luck" was 16 months ago?

We are building a good team, and the window is open for a couple more years.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #32
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,975

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
So 70 yard Hail Marys when the player himself admits to trying to be a hero instead of doing his job is just another play in the game
3 turnovers by the QB, 2 TDs surrendered by a different DB, zero passrush from our "all world" rushers were all even larger problems, so yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Not buying it. Your premise is Denver is not physically able to compete in the AFC
No, my premise is that Denver DIDN'T compete against the upper tier of the NFL. And my premise is supported by actual facts.

2-4 against winning record teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Sorry you can't convince me to ignore the ultimate mental blunder in Denver Broncos history
Who's saying "ignore it"? It was colossally stupid and one of the worst safety plays I've ever seen.

YOU, on the other hand, are pinning the entire loss on it in several threads now and acting like an idiot.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #33
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,975

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
I'd wholeheartedly agree with this if we hadn't just played our worst game of the season on the biggest stage. There were just too many mistakes/mental errors/uncharacteristic performances for anyone to "see this coming", because the true fact is our last 11 opponents regardless of who they were, never even came close to us on the scoreboard.

Now I'm not saying we're anywhere near a perfect team but I'm certainly not buying into this pathetic attempt to claim that we we're not worth that 13-3 record and the 1 seed in the AFC.

Sure the Falcons, Patriots and Texans beat us early in the season when Manning was just getting adjusted to his new team but that was as much a learning curve as anything else.

Fox, McCoy, Del Rio, Champ, Manning, Dumervil, Kuper. Moore etc etc all dropped the ball here and they can all coach/play a lot better than they did yesterday and they've proven it.

It certainly wasn't the first time a high seed wasn't prepared coming off a bye and it wont be the last and regardless of how poorly each unit bar Holliday played they still should've won the game bar that outrageous/never to happen ever again play from Moore.
A lot of this has merit

...and then you remember we were spotted FOURTEEN points by Holliday in the process of setting NFL history and it completely ****s all over your post.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #34
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
3 turnovers by the QB, 2 TDs surrendered by a different DB, zero passrush from our "all world" rushers were all even larger problems, so yeah.



No, my premise is that Denver DIDN'T compete against the upper tier of the NFL. And my premise is supported by actual facts.

2-4 against winning record teams.



Who's saying "ignore it"? It was colossally stupid and one of the worst safety plays I've ever seen.

YOU, on the other hand, are pinning the entire loss on it in several threads now and acting like an idiot.
Didn't complete. You mean didn't blow Baltimore out. Show me the "I saw that coming " article that say don't let Flacco have the ball with 70 seconds to go with no timeouts and 80 yards to go just to tie the game and send it into overtime. Oh my god Denver is in trouble and didn't complete well enough to win the game in regulation


I'm saying I can find you articles that say this is exactly what Elway had in mind at the start of training camp so yes it did comes down to one bone head play

Read all my posts. I said the offense was at fault for not extending the lead when they had multiple opportunites to do so but in the end the offense gave the defense the lead with 70 seconds and 80 yards to go and no timeouts.
If that is not competing then I don't know what is

Like I said convince others but this is a flawed premise to begin with you can't convince me you have anything tangible besides turnovers and a 70 yard Hail Mary which is not tangible evidence to say "you say this coming."

Sounds to me like you are saying I'll take Joe Flacco with no timeouts and 80 yards to go over the Denver defense every day because Denver is not good enough to compete.

Last edited by CEH; 01-13-2013 at 09:19 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #35
swaiy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

We need a guy that is disruptive up the middle. I really think that is the deciding factor between a good pass rush and a consistent one.

That is what i would like to see the most.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #36
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,704

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
A lot of this has merit

...and then you remember we were spotted FOURTEEN points by Holliday in the process of setting NFL history and it completely ****s all over your post.
Rev regardless of your hurt, anger etc etc you ****ing know this team is far better than how it played last night and as I've already stated if the rest of our team had played to anywhere near the level of intensity Trindon did then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I'm hurting too mate, I feel exactly like I did in 96, I did not see this coming and I dont think anyone did otherwise we wouldn't be seeing the mass suicide watch on this site right now.

I seriously think someone should call around to Kaylore's.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #37
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Didn't complete. You mean didn't blow Baltimore out. Show me the "I saw that coming " article that say don't let Flacco have the ball with 70 seconds to go with no timeouts and 80 yards to go just to tie the game and send it into overtime. Oh my god Denver is in trouble and didn't complete well enough to win the game in regulation


I'm saying I can find you articles that say this is exactly what Elway had in mind at the start of training camp so yes it did comes down to one bone head play

Read all my posts. I said the offense was at fault for not extending the lead when they had multiple opportunites to do so but in the end the offense gave the defense the lead with 70 seconds and 80 yards to go and no timeouts.
If that is not competing then I don't know what is

Like I said convince others but this is a flawed premise to begin with you can't convince me you have anything tangible besides turnovers and a 70 yard Hail Mary which is not tangible evidence to say "you say this coming."

Sounds to me like you are saying I'll take Joe Flacco with no timeouts and 80 yards to go over the Denver defense every day because Denver is not good enough to compete.
I think what he's saying is he didn't expect this be another blowout win like we were doing against inferior teams. Why aren't you questioning why, with not one but two ST scores, playing at home after a bye, it even had to come down to that?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #38
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,492

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I just watched that 70 yard Hail Mary about ten times. There's just no excuse for a couple of NFL DBs to be in the position that our guys were in on that play. You NEVER let the receiver get behind you when you're playing two deep. NEVER. It was a failure on a fundamental level. No excuse. And Champ is done. Time for the team to admit it and devise a graceful exit and a spot in the ROF for him. Move to safety? He's 34. Torrey Smith (a second round pick) had him for lunch. The Broncos need to take some of those dollars under the cap and go out and get a secondary. The only keeper we have is Cliff Harris. Who knows if Porter will ever recover? Adams and Carter are adios. Moore should be cut (we should know better than to draft UCLA players anyway). He'll never get the stink of that play off of him. Bolden? Who knows? Leonhard? Please. When you look at it, basically the Broncos are tissue paper thin in the secondary. Actually, it's more like a gaping hole. And we haven't had a MLB worth a damn since 2007 when Al Wilson retired.

And how about the Oline? I would trade every one them (and throw in the backups) for the Ravens' line right now. Flacco didn't even get dirty the entire game. He was untouched. Our line couldn't get one yard in three plays. Our center is 33 and there is no viable backup. Will Kuper be able to stay healthy for a season? And Moreno? Just when you need him the most, he fails the biggest. Trade him for a good free safety and draft a more durable runner. McGahee is 31. Adios, and thanks. Hillman? Can't break an NFL tackle to save his life. Then you have Stokely at 36. Thanks for everything, Brandon. We love you.

Then we get to the Dline. Vickerson is 30, Bannon 33. Backing them up are Siliga and Unrein? Ouch!

So here's how it shapes up, IMHO:

Secondary? Deep, dark chasm of doom.
DT? Gaping, festering wound. Gangrenous.
MLB? Six years in the same vacuum.
RB? Sinkhole.
Middle of the Oline? Rim busting pothole.
Slot receiver? Vacancy.

The big games expose your weaknesses.

And we haven't even gotten to some of those playcalling decisions.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 01-13-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #39
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I think what he's saying is he didn't expect this be another blowout win like we were doing against inferior teams. Why aren't you questioning why, with not one but two ST scores, playing at home after a bye, it even had to come down to that?
This is not about style points. Denver had the f**ing lead with 70 seconds to go against a quality opponent .A team that was a fluke play last year from going to the Super Bowl.

This would be the same as saying Baltimore can't compete in the AFC because Lee Evans could not hold onto the ball. Baltimore should have saw this coming last year. Same premise.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #40
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,846
Default

^ Thanks, Roh, for depressing me even further...
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #41
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Without looking I bet Baltimore didn't beat that many good teams either. We have a few holes just like every team and very easily could of won with D game yesterday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #42
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I just watched that 70 yard Hail Mary about ten times. There's just no excuse for a couple of NFL DBs to be in the position that our guys were in on that play. You NEVER let the receiver get behind you when you're playing two deep. NEVER. It was a failure on a fundamental level. No excuse. And Champ is done. Time for the team to admit it and devise a graceful exit and a spot in the ROF for him. Move to safety? He's 34. Torrey Smith (a second round pick) had him for lunch. The Broncos need to take some of those dollars under the cap and go out and get a secondary. The only keeper we have is Cliff Harris. Who knows if Porter will ever recover? Adams and Carter are adios. Moore should be cut (we should know better than to draft UCLA players anyway). He'll never get the stink of that play off of him. Bolden? Who knows? Leonhard? Please. When you look at it, basically the Broncos are tissue paper thin in the secondary. Actually, it's more like a gaping hole. And we haven't had a MLB worth a damn since 2007 when Al Wilson retired.

And how about the Oline? I would trade every one them (and throw in the backups) for the Ravens' line right now. Flacco didn't even get dirty the entire game. He was untouched. Our line couldn't get one yard in three plays. Our center is 33 and there is no viable backup. Will Kuper be able to stay healthy for a season? And Moreno? Just when you need him the most, he fails the biggest. Trade him for a good free safety and draft a more durable runner. McGahee is 31. Adios, and thanks. Hillman? Can't break an NFL tackle to save his life. Then you have Stokely at 36. Thanks for everything, Brandon. We love you.

Then we get to the Dline. Vickerson is 30, Bannon 33. Backing them up are Siliga and Unrein? Ouch!

So here's how it shapes up, IMHO:

Secondary? Deep, dark chasm of doom.
DT? Gaping, festering wound. Gangrenous.
MLB? Six years in the same vacuum.
RB? Sinkhole.
Middle of the Oline? Rim busting pothole.
Slot receiver? Vacancy.

The big games expose your weaknesses.

And we haven't even gotten to some of those playcalling decisions.
You should thrown in our 4 million dollar kicker who struggles at 49 to 40 yards and chunks a fg in a big game like a 25 handicap golfer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #43
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
This is not about style points. Denver had the f**ing lead with 70 seconds to go against a quality opponent .A team that was a fluke play last year from going to the Super Bowl.

This would be the same as saying Baltimore can't compete in the AFC because Lee Evans could not hold onto the ball. Baltimore should have saw this coming last year. Same premise.
No it's not, because it's not a coincidence that when we went up quality opponents, we struggled and lost. If we were the team many thought, Manning is taking a knee at that point instead of running a play. It shouldn't have even come down to deciding when to give them the ball back.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #44
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I just watched that 70 yard Hail Mary about ten times. There's just no excuse for a couple of NFL DBs to be in the position that our guys were in on that play. You NEVER let the receiver get behind you when you're playing two deep. NEVER. It was a failure on a fundamental level. No excuse. And Champ is done. Time for the team to admit it and devise a graceful exit and a spot in the ROF for him. Move to safety? He's 34. Torrey Smith (a second round pick) had him for lunch. The Broncos need to take some of those dollars under the cap and go out and get a secondary. The only keeper we have is Cliff Harris. Who knows if Porter will ever recover? Adams and Carter are adios. Moore should be cut (we should know better than to draft UCLA players anyway). He'll never get the stink of that play off of him. Bolden? Who knows? Leonhard? Please. When you look at it, basically the Broncos are tissue paper thin in the secondary. Actually, it's more like a gaping hole. And we haven't had a MLB worth a damn since 2007 when Al Wilson retired.

And how about the Oline? I would trade every one them (and throw in the backups) for the Ravens' line right now. Flacco didn't even get dirty the entire game. He was untouched. Our line couldn't get one yard in three plays. Our center is 33 and there is no viable backup. Will Kuper be able to stay healthy for a season? And Moreno? Just when you need him the most, he fails the biggest. Trade him for a good free safety and draft a more durable runner. McGahee is 31. Adios, and thanks. Hillman? Can't break an NFL tackle to save his life. Then you have Stokely at 36. Thanks for everything, Brandon. We love you.

Then we get to the Dline. Vickerson is 30, Bannon 33. Backing them up are Siliga and Unrein? Ouch!

So here's how it shapes up, IMHO:

Secondary? Deep, dark chasm of doom.
DT? Gaping, festering wound. Gangrenous.
MLB? Six years in the same vacuum.
RB? Sinkhole.
Middle of the Oline? Rim busting pothole.
Slot receiver? Vacancy.

The big games expose your weaknesses.

And we haven't even gotten to some of those playcalling decisions.
Who cares? Didn't you hear, it's 1996. We have two Super Bowls to plan for.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #45
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,975

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Sounds to me like you are saying I'll take Joe Flacco with no timeouts and 80 yards to go over the Denver defense every day because Denver is not good enough to compete.
What the **** are you smoking?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #46
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,460

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
No it's not, because it's not a coincidence that when we went up quality opponents, we struggled and lost. If we were the team many thought, Manning is taking a knee at that point instead of running a play. It shouldn't have even come down to deciding when to give them the ball back.
This argument would have merit if the broncos got blown out. It's a game we win if not for a fluke play. Baltimore is good and the game was close. Good teams play good teams close and honestly randomness and luck often decide the games. It didn't fall for us this time

If the broncos got their ass kicked, that would be one thing. But we didn't. We should have won. We are just as good as any team left out there. I one hundred percent believe it. Just didn't bounce our way this time
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #47
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,492

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You should thrown in our 4 million dollar kicker who struggles at 49 to 40 yards and chunks a fg in a big game like a 25 handicap golfer.
I don't blame Prater for that kick. A 52 yard FG should never have been called in those conditions. In that kind of cold, you have a better chance with a high punt and the other guy mishandling it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #48
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,492

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
This argument would have merit if the broncos got blown out. It's a game we win if not for a fluke play. Baltimore is good and the game was close. Good teams play good teams close and honestly randomness and luck often decide the games. It didn't fall for us this time

If the broncos got their ass kicked, that would be one thing. But we didn't. We should have won. We are just as good as any team left out there. I one hundred percent believe it. Just didn't bounce our way this time
Frankly, I think the bogus PI call on Carter killed the Broncos momentum. That was a huge play, IMO.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #49
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,975

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Frankly, I think the bogus PI call on Carter killed the Broncos momentum. That was a huge play, IMO.
Or the leg whip on DT that went uncalled on our ONLY deep ball of the game when he had his man beat?

SO mad.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #50
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Or the leg whip on DT that went uncalled on our ONLY deep ball of the game when he had his man beat?

SO mad.
I almost went Lanza on the refs on the pic six PI...
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Denver Broncos