The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #26
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
I don't have a problem with it. Used an extra 40 seconds. Dont backpetal on a deep ball moore.
I agree with this. There's a LOT to complain about with the play calling, but this isn't it. You run and let the other team with no time outs try and drive the length of the field in 80 seconds. Not Fox's fault our Top 10 defense screwed the pooch.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #27
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
I don't quite get why people are blaming Fox he wasn't making that call I'd put it on McCoy and he'll be hired by someone anyway I'm not sure anyone will be too upset by him leaving.
Because all Fox had to do was say this to McCoy:

Fox: "Hey, I want to win or lose with Manning. We're paying that guy $100 million, so give him the damn ball and let him throw it to ice the game. OK?"

McCoy: "Sure, coach. You're the coach! I'll get ready with 3 pass plays right now!"

Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 01-12-2013 at 07:33 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #28
lolcopter

3rd and 7 only need one first down to win?

LET'S RUN IT!!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #29
toad
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I don't see a problem with it. Worst case, you don't make the first, and Baltimore will end up having to go 80ish yards in a minute with no timeouts.
Thats basically what happened, the odds of the Ravens doing what they did was extremely low. Think about it, say Jones catches it and Moore tackles him in bounds at the 15, another 10 seconds probably would've run off after they spiked it, leaving 21 seconds left. A tackle over the middle or a sack ends the game basically.

Now, if manning passes it, its incomplete, you give the Ravens 40 extra seconds. Although looking back, might not have been a bad idea as if things transpired the same, we'd have 3 timeouts and a minute to get into field goal range to score at the end of regulation.
^ = pretty much my thoughts.

I personally didn't like it, but it seemed like the higher percentage play at the time.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #30
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I agree with this. There's a LOT to complain about with the play calling, but this isn't it. You run and let the other team with no time outs try and drive the length of the field in 80 seconds. Not Fox's fault our Top 10 defense screwed the pooch.
But Baltimore took over with 1:15 left and scored with 30 seconds left. They only needed 45 seconds!!! So chewing up an extra 40 seconds meant NUTTIN!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #31
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Belichek and Parcells and Shanahan and Payton, etc. all have something that the Fox's and Schottenheimers and R666ves of the world don't have....BALLS.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #32
lolcopter

Its a p***Y call/audible when you have that QB making those throws all day
Old 01-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #33
vanbrugh
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Manning audibled into a lot of crappy plays today.
Audibled into tamme who was the invisible man all day.....we were done when knowshon went down..WHERE WAS THE PASS RUSH?
vanbrugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #34
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
It's somebody's fault the D sucked today. Even so, with the way the defense was playing all day, you entrust them to close this game out?

We had all this hoopla signing PFM, and in the end, with a chance to ice a ****ing playoff game, we bascially give up and give the other team the ball.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #35
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Not after watching them cram it down our throats to finish the first half. That's the conservative way out, but our D was showing multiple times they could get beat when we needed a stop.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #36
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
They scored in how many seconds before halftime? You don't leave the door open for a team period. That was regular season game strategy in a playoff game. You do everything you can to keep that offense off the field. A 1st down wins the game and they didnt even TRY to get it. That's suicide
Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #37
Armchair Bronco

Fox could have achieved the same results by pulling Manning out of the game at the end and sending in Brock "Landers" Osweiler to hand off the ball 3 times.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #38
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
They scored in how many seconds before halftime? You don't leave the door open for a team period. That was regular season game strategy in a playoff game. You do everything you can to keep that offense off the field. A 1st down wins the game and they didnt even TRY to get it. That's suicide
Agreed.. I thought the Broncos were pulling out all the stops by playing Holiday and he came thru.. If you are asking the players to leave it all out on the field, then the coaches need to do the same.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #39
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Belichek and Parcells and Shanahan and Payton, etc. all have something that the Fox's and Schottenheimers and R666ves of the world don't have....BALLS.
McCoy is great at castration....
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #40
hades

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I agree 100%

I don't even remember now, but what was our field position when we punted? Were we close enough to try a FG if Manning completed a 5 yard dump and they stopped us short of a 1st down?

I just checked again, and I'm still pissed!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #41
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

We all know why Marty loses playoff games..When you play conservative, bad things will happen.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #42
hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
We all know why Marty loses playoff games..When you play conservative, bad things will happen.
Yup, I screamed all day not to do that, and what happens...
Old 01-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #43
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

There's that line in The Replacements where the coach says a winner wants the ball when the game's on the line. Well, in this game, that ball went to a rookie RB...
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #44
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
There's that line in The Replacements where the coach says a winner wants the ball when the game's on the line. Well, in this game, that ball went to a rookie RB...
Exactly.

Anyone remember Tebow's great comeback against Miami last year? Needing a 2-point conversion to tie the game, Tebow ran over to the sidelines and yelled at Fox & McCoy: "There's only one guy who's runnin' the ball...AND THAT'S ME!"

I have no doubt that if Tebow hadn't said this, Fox & Company would have called for some kind of lame pass.

Too bad Manning didn't call his own number like Tebow did last year.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #45
spiralism

Manning's claming he audibled into the play. No wonder he ****s himself in the playoffs
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #46
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Yup, Fox ran the Marty playbook ... all units in "prevent" mode.

Here's a happy thought: Did Holliday make this game closer than the score would indicate? Yeah, he probably did.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #47
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

See how SF winning game against GB..That's how we should play..Never give chance to other team.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #48
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Yup, Fox ran the Marty playbook ... all units in "prevent" mode.

Here's a happy thought: Did Holliday make this game closer than the score would indicate? Yeah, he probably did.
Actually Holliday did his job today, Champ, Von, Moore all screwed the pooch .
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #49
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Manning's claming he audibled into the play. No wonder he ****s himself in the playoffs
If Manning really did say this, then it follows that:

A) Manning is lying to protect Fox; or

B) Manning is telling the truth, in which case both he *and* Fox need to be ashamed of themselves. Manning, for "passing the buck" to a rookie with the game on the line. And Fox, for not telling Manning ahead of time to get the damn first down.

Look, I'm sure Fox set the tempo and the expectations after the 2-minute warning. He and Manning had plenty of time to talk through countless scenarios. All he had to say was: "Hey Peyton, go out and win the game with a pass for a first down. Don't audible to a run, OK?"
Old 01-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #50
anon
Seasoned Veteran

I didn't like it. I really didn't like it. But we still had a GREAT chance to win the game.

Baltimore needed a touchdown to TIE, not even to WIN, to TIE; there was very little time left, and they had no timeouts. All we had to do was play prevent defense, protect the sideline passes, and tackle well in the middle of the field. But we didn't even make them earn it.

In fact, the Ravens thrived on big plays/clutch plays all game. Time of possession heavily favored us and we still scored less.

I had more of a problem not being more aggressive before the first half ended and at the end of the game, when we had some time left and time outs to use.
anon is offline   Reply With Quote