The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Armchair Bronco

Default Conservative play call on 3rd & 7 cost us the game

Sure, there is A LOT of blame to go around. But Fox takes the cake with his p***Y, conservative decision to run on 3rd and 7 after the 2-minute warning.

I expected that with Tebow back there last year. I did NOT expect that with a HOF-bound QB taking snaps. The freaking game was on the line, and another first down would ice the game. Instead, Fox ran the damn ball to chew up 40 seconds, then turned things over to a porous defense.

A p***Y game strategy like that deserves to implode. Well, it did! Thanks for nuttin' Fox! You stink!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

I don't have a problem with it. Used an extra 40 seconds. Dont backpetal on a deep ball moore.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
DLifer
Just Drafted

Ha, this is the thing that my wife says lost the game too. She was pissed and yelling about it as soon as it happened.. and she is a very casual fan. So yeah. I was hoping our mojo from the rest of the season would somehow come back and seal up OT but I have to agree with you and with her. It was pretty obvious the chances of Hillman breaking it for 7+ yards were slim.
DLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Our run game was not what I thought it would be today, so I also blame Fox for those 3 failed, miserable runs in a row to try and close it out. You have PFM, use him...
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

I agree. This kind of play calling loses games.
ant1999e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
Armchair Bronco

If the defense had been lighting it up, fine. But the defense, especially our corner, SUCKED most of the game. Champ probably had his worst game as a Bronco. And the meltdown with 30 seconds left was epic.

Baltimore clearly didn't even need the extra 40 seconds, so Fox's call was the wrong move.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #7
spiralism

We had two plays with the final timeout taken and 2:17 on the clock. Pass both ****ing times, not just once - both. First down wins. Worst job they score their long bomb and give us a minute on the clock with timeouts to respond.

John Fox has a lot to answer for.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
Armchair Bronco

Our Tight Ends played a very good game. Between them and Brandon, I'm SURE we could have moved the chains if Manning had been given the green light to throw the ball.

And no way in hell it was Manning's decision to run.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #9
fwf

7 yards wins the ****in game and we run it. Spin it how ever you want but fox made a unforgivable decision. That had to be a pass play. I hope he's fired.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I don't see a problem with it. Worst case, you don't make the first, and Baltimore will end up having to go 80ish yards in a minute with no timeouts.
Thats basically what happened, the odds of the Ravens doing what they did was extremely low. Think about it, say Jones catches it and Moore tackles him in bounds at the 15, another 10 seconds probably would've run off after they spiked it, leaving 21 seconds left. A tackle over the middle or a sack ends the game basically.

Now, if manning passes it, its incomplete, you give the Ravens 40 extra seconds. Although looking back, might not have been a bad idea as if things transpired the same, we'd have 3 timeouts and a minute to get into field goal range to score at the end of regulation.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #11
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
We had two plays with the final timeout taken and 2:17 on the clock. Pass both ****ing times, not just once - both. First down wins. Worst job they score their long bomb and give us a minute on the clock with timeouts to respond.

John Fox has a lot to answer for.
As soon as I saw the stuffing they handed our run on 1st down, I just knew we would go 3 runs in a row and punt, giving them too much time to tie it up.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #12
spiralism

That 3rd and 7 play is to us is that defining moment your franchise will never live down. Like 4th and 27 for Green Bay, The fumble or Red Right 88 for Cleveland or 47 Wide Right for the Bills
Old 01-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #13
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Sure, there is A LOT of blame to go around. But Fox takes the cake with his p***Y, conservative decision to run on 3rd and 7 after the 2-minute warning.

I expected that with Tebow back there last year. I did NOT expect that with a HOF-bound QB taking snaps. The freaking game was on the line, and another first down would ice the game. Instead, Fox ran the damn ball to chew up 40 seconds, then turned things over to a porous defense.

A p***Y game strategy like that deserves to implode. Well, it did! Thanks for nuttin' Fox! You stink!

Blame McCoy the boy wonderkind....Was thinking the same thing othewise
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #14
troya900
Ring of Famer

It sure as hell is UNFORGIVABLE. You paid a damn future HOF QB almost 100 million dollars, yet in a situation in a playoff game you hand it to a ****ing rookie to ice the game? That's like having Jordan on your team and draw up a some dumb play for a rookie to take the final shot to ice the game. Just mind boggling stupid, but Fox does this over and over and over again. I wish he would just step down in absolute shame and get the hell out of Denver stupid worthless scrub.
troya900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #15
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
That 3rd and 7 play is to us is that defining moment your franchise will never live down. Like 4th and 27 for Green Bay, The fumble or Red Right 88 for Cleveland or 47 Wide Right for the Bills
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #16
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Our run game was not what I thought it would be today, so I also blame Fox for those 3 failed, miserable runs in a row to try and close it out. You have PFM, use him...
It wasn't just the 3rd and 7, the second down before it you pass to seal the game.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #17
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

I don't quite get why people are blaming Fox he wasn't making that call I'd put it on McCoy and he'll be hired by someone anyway I'm not sure anyone will be too upset by him leaving.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #18
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
You have PFM, use him...
One of two things happened today:

1. Fox can't coach

2. Manning couldn't throw

How is anyone supposed to be optimistic when you have at least one of these problems?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

This is the kind of **** that I was worried about against the pats. But john fox got outcoached by a ****ing harbaugh.

Bring in kyle shanahan
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #20
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

This is the kind of **** that I was worried about against the pats. But john fox got outcoached by a ****ing harbaugh.

Bring in kyle shanahan
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #21
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I don't see a problem with it. Worst case, you don't make the first, and Baltimore will end up having to go 80ish yards in a minute with no timeouts.
Thats basically what happened, the odds of the Ravens doing what they did was extremely low. Think about it, say Jones catches it and Moore tackles him in bounds at the 15, another 10 seconds probably would've run off after they spiked it, leaving 21 seconds left. A tackle over the middle or a sack ends the game basically.

Now, if manning passes it, its incomplete, you give the Ravens 40 extra seconds. Although looking back, might not have been a bad idea as if things transpired the same, we'd have 3 timeouts and a minute to get into field goal range to score at the end of regulation.
Then why do we have a future HOF QB and pay him 20 mil/yr. to play. We need to grow some balls on our offensive play calling not be cutting Peytons off....
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #22
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
I don't quite get why people are blaming Fox he wasn't making that call I'd put it on McCoy and he'll be hired by someone anyway I'm not sure anyone will be too upset by him leaving.
We can only hope McCoy gets hired.. Maybe John Elway fires him.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #23
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Manning audibled into a lot of crappy plays today.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #24
Vine

Not to mention wasting timeouts near the end of the 1st half, AND near the end of regulation. Talk about taking the ball out of a HOF qb's hands. Such a ****ing p***Y Fox is. Hate him, always will.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #25
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I agreed with it at the time, with this defense, a minute left and they have to go 80 to tie and with no timeouts left. But looking back, when it was 3rd and 7 against Pittsburgh, in almost exactly this situation, in the AFCCG, what did we do?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote