The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #51
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
How is OKC cheap? They gave 2 max contracts to their 2 best players, KD and Westbrook.
They also gave a deal to Ibaka for $48 million dollars. And they couldn't offer Harden the max $60 million dollar limit, so they gave him a generous $55 million dollar offer and he refused.

You can't just hand out max contracts to everbody. That's why there is a salary cap.

Oh and fyi, Harden shot 38% and had 14 PPG as a starter. That's not max contract worthy..
They could have...and amnestied perkins. That woulda been a scary 4 for years.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #52
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Want to add a little fear to Thunder fans. The trade could work greatly or suck ass.

We got a lottery pick from Houston. How about you take a look at Presti's record with lottery picks.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #53
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
We got a lottery pick from Houston. How about you take a look at Presti's record with lottery picks.
its torontos and it'll probably be 10-13 (durant, harden, westbrook were 2-3-4 respectively)....or you could have kept a 23 year old stud that didnt mind being the third wheel and only woulda gotten better. Time will tell, but lets not pretend this was the obvious move.

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 10-30-2012 at 10:34 PM..
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #54
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 
GANGNAM STYLE

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Very glad to hear the Nuggets got Ty's contract worked out.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #55
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 18,749

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Moving on from the Nash era with a good "team". Might take a while to blend together but it will be fun to watch for die hards.

My up and comer team that will probably take the 8 seed....

Golden State Warriors, they have quite the roster of talent. Watch out for them this year
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #56
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 18,749

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

oh yeah and OKC was cheap and stupid and will pay for that down the road..... unless Kevin Martin plays not like himself
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #57
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
its torontos and it'll probably be 10-13 (durant, harden, westbrook were 2-3-4 respectively)....or you could have kept a 23 year old stud that didnt mind being the third wheel and only woulda gotten better. Time will tell, but lets not pretend this was the obvious move.
Toronto could make the 8th seed this year. Harden would do whatever it takes to win so if coming off the bench so be it. Kevin Martin is a rental who is playing in a contract year. He's either trade bait or will play out his contract and move on. Lamb reminds me of a young Kevin Martin. Also, look at the SG's under 30 out there. There ain't ****, yet the Thunder felt the need to move one of the best SG's under 30.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #58
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Moving on from the Nash era with a good "team". Might take a while to blend together but it will be fun to watch for die hards.

My up and comer team that will probably take the 8 seed....

Golden State Warriors, they have quite the roster of talent. Watch out for them this year
Suns were lucky Gordon was matched, since he is yet again out forever.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #59
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Very glad to hear the Nuggets got Ty's contract worked out.
It's a good move for the Nuggets, though the problem I see with them still is no superstar to take over.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #60
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
its torontos and it'll probably be 10-13 (durant, harden, westbrook were 2-3-4 respectively)....or you could have kept a 23 year old stud that didnt mind being the third wheel and only woulda gotten better. Time will tell, but lets not pretend this was the obvious move.
Harden left mainly because he wanted to be a starter and prove he can be the guy for an NBA team. No shame in that.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #61
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Harden left mainly because he wanted to be a starter and prove he can be the guy for an NBA team. No shame in that.
Not sure that thats true, but i dont blame him for wanting to be paid like one.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #62
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Not sure that thats true, but i dont blame him for wanting to be paid like one.
Houston was able to sign him for 5 years, $80 million. Houston can also sign another max player this summer.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #63
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Harden is a BAMF. Even if it is the Pistons, only 4 players have put up the stats that Harden did tonight since 1985.

Harden is a starter. There should be no question about that. Good for him.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #64
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Harden is a BAMF. Even if it is the Pistons, only 4 players have put up the stats that Harden did tonight since 1985.

Harden is a starter. There should be no question about that. Good for him.
Long season, but I'm sure the Rockets are gunning for at least an 8th seed. That would be an excellent season for them to make the playoffs.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #65
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Harden left mainly because he wanted to be a starter and prove he can be the guy for an NBA team. No shame in that.
Harden left for money. To think otherwise is naive. But thunder actually got a bit better IMO. Lamb is gonna surprise alot of people. Dude is shutdown D. With those draft picks This trade assures thunder will be toward the top of the league for a decade or so. Long term success. Presti got that from the spurs. Building for Long term success.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #66
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Harden left for money. To think otherwise is naive. But thunder actually got a bit better IMO. Lamb is gonna surprise alot of people. Dude is shutdown D. With those draft picks This trade assures thunder will be toward the top of the league for a decade or so. Long term success. Presti got that from the spurs. Building for Long term success.
Better? Did you see Harden play last night? You can argue there wont be a huge dropoff (we'll see), but BETTER?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #67
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Better? Did you see Harden play last night? You can argue there wont be a huge dropoff (we'll see), but BETTER?
Anyone who thinks the Thunder got better...

23 year old young buck SG was traded because the Thunder didn't want to pay. And what did they receive. Potential...
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #68
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,009
Default

And this guy is going to lead the Lakers to the promise land.

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #69
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,009
Default

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #70
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 18,749

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

hate to agree with maven but the heat are a shoo-in for the eastern conference
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #71
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

We're gonna see a repeat of the Finals.

No way the Lakers beat the Thunder. Steve Nash got dominated by Darren freaking Collison. Russell Westbrook is going to own him up and down the floor.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #72
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Better? Did you see Harden play last night? You can argue there wont be a huge dropoff (we'll see), but BETTER?
One game. I saw what he did in the Finals too. He puts those numbers up all year then hell ya. Harden is good don't get me wrong but in the long run Thunder will benefit from this
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #73
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Anyone who thinks the Thunder got better...

23 year old young buck SG was traded because the Thunder didn't want to pay. And what did they receive. Potential...
I'd take several drafts and years of Presti "potential"

Apparently I'm not the only one thinking this. I'm saying better for them over the next 10 years. Which is what "long term success" means.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 11-01-2012 at 02:15 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #74
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
We're gonna see a repeat of the Finals.

No way the Lakers beat the Thunder. Steve Nash got dominated by Darren freaking Collison. Russell Westbrook is going to own him up and down the floor.
He's old. The shoe is gonna fall off one day. Could be now.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #75
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I'd take several drafts and years of Presti "potential"

Apparently I'm not the only one thinking this. I'm saying better for them over the next 10 years. Which is what "long term success" means.
Yes, they could potentially get better. Really interesting to see such a young core get busted up so early after reaching the NBA Finals. Im happy for the trade. No complaints here.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Denver Broncos