The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #76
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Whatever anyone wants to take away from Lance, they'll never take away the fact that he beat brain, lung, and testicular cancer, and fought his way back to win seven Tour de France rides and now sits atop an empire totaling $125 million.
Actually he doesn't anymore, he is out of the Livestrong charity, and he is just waiting for the claims to start coming in following his admission..
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #77
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I've always respected Lance until recently, and it has nothing to do with doping. The guy is a genuine sociopath.
I respected his achievements from an athletic point of view, with or without drugs, what he did was something that few others could have done - I have seen some of those mountains they go up and I am certain I couldn't even if given all the drugs in the world make it up one of those on a bicycle.

I have never respected him as a person, he had the holier than though attitude going and through all the rumors about PEDs the way he handled the situation and the people around him who got caught was despicable. The primitive part of me is happy to see him crash and burn and see his name removed from all record books. He is clearly an incredibly driven person who doesn't seem to have the empathy to interact with people and deal with others and his own shortcomings.

The sport as a whole is rotten and he was far from the only one who did PEDs, but that just excuse his behavior and lying when faced with allegations and the way he knowingly defrauded people.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #78
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache Glades View Post
Youre ****in stupid. Most of those were banned and Lance is on record, under oath, saying that had he been caught getting blood transfusions not only would he be banned from the sport but also arrested. Arrested! It was against the law!

And the argument that EVERY rider was doping is such an ignorant statement that it almost doesnt warrant response.
There were so many riders who were clean and trying to feed their families just like Lance. I have a feeling if you were one of those guys, you might have a different opinion right now.
But I get the attitude that so many people have these days.. Get yours at all cost and trample who ever dares stand in your way.

And I wont even get into questionable practices of the Livestrong Organization. But its just a witch hunt, right Lance?
I prey this guy gets sued into bankruptcy which is very ****in likely, especially since people are starting to dig deeper now into Livestrong.
But youre wealthy now arent you lance? And youre probably thinking to yourself that it was worth it. Because honestly, maybe it was. You never would have been sh*t without dope. No one would know your name.
Everyone does now.. and they will always think of you as a fraud. Your children, and the 3 wives you cheated on will all see you that way too. But you got yours Lance. Ill give you that.
I listed what he is accused of. I said he may have done none, some or all; I don't know. I just am tired of people not understanding what exactly he is accused of and just assume he did steroids which is so demonized that it makes it sound even worse.

I don't think EVERY cyclist was doing it, I think enough were to ask why they couldn't beat him. Honestly, there are so many other issues with sports that his cheating is so minor compared to everything else wrong with sports that I just don't want to waste time beating him into the ground.

I don't know what kind of person he is, nor do I care. If the sport cares so much about the "doping", then they should have had better ways to stop it. How do you ruin 1 mans life if he's guilty but allow others who probably did the same to slide only because they didn't make as much money?!

If he's guilty, so be it.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #79
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Here's a thought: Have Congress make it illegal to sue anybody over anything whatsoever. I wonder how that would impact the economic climate and American marketplace.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #80
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Also, Blood doping isn't really that hard to do without doing it illegally.

Simply stay at high altitude and train for several weeks and your body will make its own EPO and would increase blood levels to the near 20% that doing it artifically does.

Anyone that is into athletics or working out and has moved or traveled away from Colorado could tell you what it feels like. When I go to California, I could probably play basketball for 8 hours straight.

So yeah, it seems unfair to not have to sacrifice a month, but its not something they can really prevent unless they want to tell people to not live at altitude.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #81
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
It was basically the steroid era. They were all ****ing doping. Put an asterisk next to them if you want, but he won those damn races.

And then he parlays his fame into fighting the disease that nearly killed him. The LIVESTRONG Foundation has raised more than $470M.

Lance Armstrong is an American hero.

Lance Armstrong is the biggest douche bag in America.

That man sued a lady that happened to be in a hospital bed next to him and over heard him giving the list of Roids that he was on before he went in for surgery.

He took her for everything including her car. I will add that the lady never offered the info, she got summonsed to court.

I will also say he had gotten off by this time so he did it out of spite.

I don't get some people, Frank Gore gets fined 10,500 bucks because he doesn't pull his socks over his knee's and most of you are like rules are rules but this man shoots up roids to win a race and he is an American hero ?

You know I was fine with him and the Roids I could careless about biking . To do that to another human is just heartless.
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #82
DENVERDUI55

All the riders were doing it. If you didn't you couldn't compete period. Look at the times guys put up now vs in the doping hey day. They are 15 minutes slower and they have better bikes. Lance seems like a world class dirtbag and the willingness of his team to turn on him made me think he is a real POS.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #83
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Sheeesh... Did anybody have parents growing up?

Just because everybody else is doing it, that makes it okay...
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #84
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I got this note in reps: "it's just money...bet he would trade it all for his reputation....all of it"

I really, really don't believe that. I don't think Lance Armstrong cares all that much what others think about him. I think that's what this admission is about more than anything. I think it's him coming clean about the sport and the world that he lived in, and less about what a bad guy he is. I don't really believe that Lance feels any remorse about any of this. I think in the way he views of things, he is as much a victim as anyone. And frankly, he would have a pretty good point - except that he was definitely among the instigators in the sport.

But I don't think he'd trade in his money for "his reputation." I think he's ok with his place in the sport, for everything that it was worth.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #85
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
Sheeesh... Did anybody have parents growing up?

Just because everybody else is doing it, that makes it okay...

Plenty of people followed that rule, and did retire. Plenty of others wanted a career in cycling, and did what they needed to to have that.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #86
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The problem with Amstrong isn't just that he's a doper -- it's that he's a world class sociopath and general douchbag.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #87
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
People care about cycling?

To be honest I care more about Armstrong pulling in $470 million for cancer research than "cheating" at a "sport".

In the immortal words of Kenny ****ing Powers, I play real sports and am not trying to be the best at exercising.

I cycle, but only to get an incredible cardio workout and I dislike most cyclists I know. What a bunch of D-bags. I could care less if Lance Armstrong cheated. I could care less if the players in the NFL are on steroids or HGH. If they are willing to risk their health and it produces a more watchable product, then fine why should I care? Don't give me level playing field BS either, no playing field in life is level.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #88
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
The problem with Amstrong isn't just that he's a doper -- it's that he's a general sociopath and a world class douchebag.

Fixed it for ya.
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #89
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Yep, I really don't understand the blind hatred here.
Well from your avatar -- if you don't get it -- it's probably because you're drunk.

No wonder.

Calling a spade a spade is far from blind hatred. The man engaged in fraud to win a fortune.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #90
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

When you watch this all you can say is .....wow

Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #91
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
I have to admit that I really enjoyed an American dominating in this sport. The entire sport is known for drug use. Our druggy was better than their druggies. I'm not justifying it... just saying.

Now he has to pay the piper. He is still an incredible athlete. And an incredible liar.
The best!
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #92
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
I hardly believe that. I think Lance is definitely a winner - the guy has the heart of a champion, and the ego of one too. But cycling is a team sport as much as football is. Lance was the "quarterback," but he's ridden with others who could have pulled the same or similar feats if they had the chutzpah to go for it. Lance got where he got because he was willing to walk over a lot of people to do it.
FWIW, I remember one leg in the Tour De France where one of Armstrong's biggest critics went on a breakaway after Armstrong had already won the overall title. Armstrong broke away from the team, chased him down and won the leg just to prove .... something. That may have been his undoing. That ONE guy that was clean tried to win a leg of the Tour de France, but Armstrong wouldn't let him do it.

I believe the next year that Spaniard they called Big Mig was the TDF winner, also disqualified along with the other top three. The next year, same thing. The whole cycling thing is a mess, and it's a shame to see. Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first practice to deceive.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 01-24-2013 at 05:45 PM..
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #93
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Old 01-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #94
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Whoops, was Contador I was thinking of not the Big Mig. Nice graphic TJ.

Edit: Or Landis. I kinda f'd that previous post up a little bit. Maybe a lot.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 01-24-2013 at 07:23 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #95
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post

I'm pretty sure it's Landis you're talking about.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #96
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's Landis you're talking about.
Well, it's nice to see from your graphic that some winners haven't been tainted by cheating. They have to be real studs to win without cheating.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #97
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Either one was a doper. You can see how the testing has been much better of late too.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #98
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Well, it's nice to see from your graphic that some winners haven't been tainted by cheating. They have to be real studs to win without cheating.
Every single one of them are suspected, especially Big Mig. Despite not being caught, people assume that Sastre was doping because he was able to compete on the level of known dopers. Greg LeMond has some pretty fishy results as well that lead a lot of people pointing fingers at him as someone who just didn't get caught. And if Greg Lamond was doping, everyone in between had to have been.

The bottom line is that in order to keep up with the peloton, you had to be juicing.

According to Tyler Hamilton, Cadel Evans is the real deal, though.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #99
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Every single one of them are suspected, especially Big Mig. Despite not being caught, people assume that Sastre was doping because he was able to compete on the level of known dopers. Greg LeMond has some pretty fishy results as well that lead a lot of people pointing fingers at him as someone who just didn't get caught. And if Greg Lamond was doping, everyone in between had to have been.

The bottom line is that in order to keep up with the peloton, you had to be juicing.

According to Tyler Hamilton, Cadel Evans is the real deal, though.
Every professional athlete at the top of their respective sport is doping. Period

AP is doping.
Von Miller is doping.
Champ only stopped doping the week of the Divisional round.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #100
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

^^^^ That is my view as well and I don't care.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote