The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Pick your Bronco: Brock Osweiler or Russell Wilson?
Brock Osweiler 53 67.09%
Russell Wilson 26 32.91%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #176
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Awe it's cute when Tebow backers troll QB's like they have some good idea of what a ****ing QB should look like
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #177
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
I just thought this was an interesting bump because of how well Wilson played.

I think I'd still take the risk of Brock. Greater risk = greater reward, and there are several things that we know: Brock has a cannon arm, he can move for his size, and he has notchy mechanics but plenty of time to work them out.
Homertastic. You'd take a one season college spread QB who's yet to throw an NFL pass over a ROY caliber playoff winner who damn near drove his team into a conference championship where he wouldve played a team he made look silly just a few weeks earlier.

There was some debate to be had in preseason. At this point you take Wilson 100 times out of 100.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #178
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
I had Brock beat on the 40 in High School... not anymore though. Brock is bigger, stronger, and faster than me at this point.

I could see some people on here maybe running faster than a 4.8.... other than that, I don't believe anyone on here who says they're more athletic than Ozzy. Or any pro football player, for that matter.

I mean some of us might be faster and/or stronger than some QBs/Kickers. (I'm pretty sure I could outrun Sebastian Janikowski), but still...
There is being athletic, and using those abilities. I learned real fast at ASU, the world is full of fast strong guys (I was a 4.5 guy), when there's 20 other guys with the same physical skills as you, it comes down to translating them to on field performance. Brock has elite measurables and athletic skills, his future will be determined by how he translates them. There are no physical attributes that can pointed to as negative. It is silly to say that.

Will he grasp the mental game, will he take his physical freakness and make it work on the field? I will be curious to find out when one of the greatest QB's of all time decides to hang them up.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #179
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
There is being athletic, and using those abilities. I learned real fast at ASU, the world is full of fast strong guys (I was a 4.5 guy), when there's 20 other guys with the same physical skills as you, it comes down to translating them to on field performance. Brock has elite measurables and athletic skills, his future will be determined by how he translates them. There are no physical attributes that can pointed to as negative. It is silly to say that.

Will he grasp the mental game, will he take his physical freakness and make it work on the field? I will be curious to find out when one of the greatest QB's of all time decides to hang them up.
I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. Right now obviously Russel Wilson > than Brock and it's not even close. However, we have yet to see if Brock's physical attributes and mental toughness will translate into being a good NFL QB. We have yet to see if Russell Wilson will sustain his success over multiple years. It's still a really fluid situation. Like I said earlier, we probably won't know what we have with Osweiler until 2014-15 at the earliest.

I do know that calling a gigantic 22-year-old who runs a 4.8 40, can throw a football 70 yards, bench pressed 225 24 times despite having the wingspan of a Pterodactyl and was offered a full-ride to play hoops by a top 25 D1 program "unathletic" is retarded even by Mane retard standards.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #180
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. Right now obviously Russel Wilson > than Brock and it's not even close. However, we have yet to see if Brock's physical attributes and mental toughness will translate into being a good NFL QB. We have yet to see if Russell Wilson will sustain his success over multiple years. It's still a really fluid situation. Like I said earlier, we probably won't know what we have with Osweiler until 2014-15 at the earliest.

I do know that calling a gigantic 22-year-old who runs a 4.8 40, can throw a football 70 yards, bench pressed 225 24 times despite having the wingspan of a Pterodactyl and was offered a full-ride to play hoops by a top 25 D1 program "unathletic" is retarded even by Mane retard standards.
Russel would not have played had we drafted him. How can one compare?
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #181
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Russel would not have played had we drafted him. How can one compare?
That is why Jason Campbell is better then Rodgers.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #182
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
That is why Jason Campbell is better then Rodgers.
Was Jason Campbell ever named rookie of the year?

This thread as told in South Park...

Old 02-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #183
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Awe it's cute when Tebow backers troll QB's like they have some good idea of what a ****ing QB should look like
So true
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #184
DryHeat

Brock will perform. The kid can flat out move for a giant his size.

Look, time will tell what Wilson has, same with Brock... but I like how poster have pointed out how Rodgers came along. I'm anxious to see how Brock develops.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #185
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

who names their kid Brock anyway? Brock is not a QB name. Brock Osweiler is a professor of mathmatics and Cal Poly Tech, not a QB.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #186
DryHeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
who names their kid Brock anyway? Brock is not a QB name. Brock Osweiler is a professor of mathmatics and Cal Poly Tech, not a QB.
Brock Lesner, WWE mathematician.

Why he has a penis tattooed on his chest, I'll never know.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #187
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Buck. Buck Osweiler! He's a QB. He's your pal. He scores heavy with the babes! Brock, he's at home working on a crossword puzzle. Buck is outside throwing the ball around and playing pickup hoops.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #188
DryHeat

I always thought Dale was a man's name.

Dale Osweiler.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #189
DryHeat

I will say this - I'm more of an Osweiler fan than a Broncos fan, now, but I think Tebow got a raw deal, and if he focuses on development he may be an above-average starter in 3-4 years.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #190
DryHeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Homertastic. You'd take a one season college spread QB who's yet to throw an NFL pass over a ROY caliber playoff winner who damn near drove his team into a conference championship where he wouldve played a team he made look silly just a few weeks earlier.

There was some debate to be had in preseason. At this point you take Wilson 100 times out of 100.
What he was saying was that Brock is greater reward. You kind of get an idea of what Russell Wilson is already. I don't think he's going to be spectacular, but I think he's going to be a solid starter for a long time.

Brock is a gamble, which is what you guys need right now because Manning has taken over the team - a gamble on the future, Brock could be a bust or he could be very, very good.... I'm thinking the latter.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #191
Agamemnon

Quote:
What does this have to do with Tebow? Maybe Osweiler turns into a complete stud, but right now it's obvious Wilson is vastly superior. People in this thread pretending otherwise are utterly delusional homers.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #192
schaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryHeat View Post
I always thought Dale was a man's name.

Dale Osweiler.
and Duane.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #193
Agamemnon

Quote:
What he was saying was that Brock is greater reward. You kind of get an idea of what Russell Wilson is already. I don't think he's going to be spectacular, but I think he's going to be a solid starter for a long time.

Brock is a gamble, which is what you guys need right now because Manning has taken over the team - a gamble on the future, Brock could be a bust or he could be very, very good.... I'm thinking the latter.
So you think Wilson never gets better than he was in his rookie season while Osweiler becomes elite?

Old 02-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #194
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
It doesn't get much more spectacular than a rook putting up 485 total yards and 109 rating in a clutch 2nd round playoff performance.

Quote:
Brock isn't a just a roll of the dice in this context. Picking him over Wilson in hindsight would be like drawing on 20, planning on pulling in an Ace. The odds of a (stretch)2nd round QB turning into a servicable NFL starter are already stacked against you.

Up that threshold to outperforming the Rookie of the Year who showed some serious sack in the playoffs? Any GM in the league who'd trade Wilson for Broswald today would be out of a job tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #195
DryHeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It doesn't get much more spectacular than a rook putting up 485 total yards and 109 rating in a clutch 2nd round playoff performance.

Brock isn't a just a roll of the dice in this context. Picking him over Wilson in hindsight would be like drawing on 20, planning on pulling in an Ace. The odds of a (stretch)2nd round QB turning into a servicable NFL starter are already stacked against you.

Up that threshold to outperforming the Rookie of the Year who showed some serious sack in the playoffs? Any GM in the league who'd trade Wilson for Broswald today would be out of a job tomorrow.
So you're basically saying Wilson is a 20 in a game of Blackjack?

That would make him a once in a lifetime type QB. I think Defenses will adjust.... he coudl be the next Jeremy Linn. Just saying. You must be one of those Tebow fans who jumped on the Broncos bandwagon when Tebow signed. I'm one of the few Ozzy bandwagoners.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #196
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Also Blain. Blain isn't a name. It's an appliance.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #197
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
So you're basically saying Wilson is a 20 in a game of Blackjack?

That would make him a once in a lifetime type QB. I think Defenses will adjust.... he coudl be the next Jeremy Linn. Just saying. You must be one of those Tebow fans who jumped on the Broncos bandwagon when Tebow signed. I'm one of the few Ozzy bandwagoners.
As far as second round picks go Wilson's easily a 20. You're more likely to watch a 2nd round QB fall out of the league in a couple years than to watch him win a playoff game.

Anywho so if you came here on the twihard wagon are you just gonna take a break from the NFL for a few years until your man crush finally gets a chance to see the field? Or does even the holding the clipboard thing do it for ya?
Old 02-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #198
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Brock Osweiler's selection by Broncos in draft still draws puzzlement

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ft-still-draws
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #199
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

@Jeff_Legwold
Re: espn.go.com/community/twitter/...
4 NFL personnel folks have told me in recent days barring injury Brock Osweiler would have likely been 1st rd pick in this QB class.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #200
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
@Jeff_Legwold
Re: espn.go.com/community/twitter/...
4 NFL personnel folks have told me in recent days barring injury Brock Osweiler would have likely been 1st rd pick in this QB class.
I believe that
this class is not very strong, Outside of Geno Brock is probably just as good a prospect as the rest

And I am very meh on Geno
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote