The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Pick your Bronco: Brock Osweiler or Russell Wilson?
Brock Osweiler 53 67.09%
Russell Wilson 26 32.91%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #151
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

From what I could tell, there was only one head coach in attendance: Seattle's Pete Carroll. Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell was there, as was John Schneider, the GM.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...#ixzz2Jfq8PP4u
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #152
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
So we've isolated the 40 yard dash as THE judge of athleticism?

Good to know.
Do you have any evidence to the contrary? Did he tear up cone drills at some point or something?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #153
schaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Do you have any evidence to the contrary? Did he tear up cone drills at some point or something?
The dude was signed to play division 1 basketball for a top competitor school as a power forward, arguably one of the few positions in all of sports that demands athleticism. I'm not saying he is more athletic than Wilson but to just flat out call him unathletic is laughable. The NFL has never seen a quarterback with his height combined with athleticism
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #154
schaaf

And also, if Brock would have stayed in college this year he would be the first quarterback selected.... Without a doubt
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #155
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Dude runs a 4.8-4.9 40 and is 6'8" at that weight. Neither of my comments was bull****. He's not very athletic (more athletic than Manning, but that doesn't say much) and he is a bit of a beanpole. He does have a stronger arm than Wilson, I forgot to mention that. Still he was merely a good college QB playing in a spread offense while Russel Wilson was absolutely tearing it up in a pro style offense.
Going with the beanpole thing still huh? Despite him being a similar height to weight ratio to guys like Lebron James?

Are we going to ignore that Brock also ran the read option in college?

Wilson had great numbers as a senior it's true, in an offense that is entirely based on the running game. Perhaps we should compare the two based on their junior seasons. Wouldn't help your argument much (feel free to look up his time spent at North Carolina State).

Yes, what you are saying is bull****. Preferring Wilson isn't, that's fine. You need to have some sort of evidence to back up claims like a lack of athleticism. Brock's mobility was considered one of his strengths coming out. It's baseless to make comments that ignore that.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #156
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

"He plays like he's a 6-3, 6-4 guy. He's a very athletic guy." Noel Mazzone, former Arizona St. offensive coordinator. "He rushed for nearly 700 yards for us as a senior. The thing that really stands out is when you watch him move, you don't think he's that big, don't realize he's that tall. He will never be mistaken for Michael Vick, but he moves well enough to make some plays with his feet."

I know Noel doesn't have the QB knowledge that Ag does though.

Pro day results.

4.83 in the 40-yard dash
1.66 10-yard dash
2.79 20-yard dash
4.32 20-yard shuttle
7.11 three-cone drill
33-inch vertical jump
98 broad jump
Bench pressed 225 pounds 24 times
33 7/8-inch arm length
9 7/8-inch hands
79 3/8-inch wingspan.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #157
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Agermenonon is one of the boards most worthless posters. Please never quote him again.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #158
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

At the Mane calling a 6'8" 240 guy that runs a 4.8 40 and was offered a basketball ride to Gonzaga for hoops "unathletic."
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #159
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
"He plays like he's a 6-3, 6-4 guy. He's a very athletic guy." Noel Mazzone, former Arizona St. offensive coordinator. "He rushed for nearly 700 yards for us as a senior. The thing that really stands out is when you watch him move, you don't think he's that big, don't realize he's that tall. He will never be mistaken for Michael Vick, but he moves well enough to make some plays with his feet."

I know Noel doesn't have the QB knowledge that Ag does though.

Pro day results.

4.83 in the 40-yard dash
1.66 10-yard dash
2.79 20-yard dash
4.32 20-yard shuttle
7.11 three-cone drill
33-inch vertical jump
98 broad jump
Bench pressed 225 pounds 24 times
33 7/8-inch arm length
9 7/8-inch hands
79 3/8-inch wingspan.
There is nobody posting on here who could do this at any height or any weight. That doesn't even take into account his arm strength which is ridiculous.

Bottom line, is we really don't know what we have in Brock, yet and probably won't for another couple of years.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #160
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post

At the Mane calling a 6'8" 240 guy that runs a 4.8 40 and was offered a basketball ride to Gonzaga for hoops "unathletic."
Don't you dare lump me in with AG
Old 02-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #161
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
There is nobody posting on here who could do this at any height or any weight. That doesn't even take into account his arm strength which is ridiculous.

Bottom line, is we really don't know what we have in Brock, yet and probably won't for another couple of years.
yep, pretty much. I think we all agree we are hoping for the best when it comes to Twilight. It would be absolutely fantastic if he turns out to be the Broncos next SB winning/HoF QB.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #162
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I think this pretty much sums up Elway on his new toy aka Twilight:

Would ya just look at it?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #163
Agamemnon

Quote:

Oh good lord. The dude isn't a complete statue so you morons want to crown him as some kind of super-athlete. It's absurd. Obviously he's a great athlete by normal human standards, but by NFL standards he's nothing special. He's basically on par with Joe Flacco. He can move a bit, he'll run for a few yards every once in a while, but he is not a great athlete playing QB. And when compared to Russell Wilson he is a clumsy giraffe.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #164
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
And also, if Brock would have stayed in college this year he would be the first quarterback selected.... Without a doubt
The homerism in this thread is hilarious.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #165
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
If Brock would have stayed in college this year he would be the first quarterback selected.... Without a doubt
"Without a doubt," really? I don't think so .... Geno Smith looks like a taller version of Russell Wilson to me. Both are humble, hard-working nose-to-the-grindstone guys. Like Wilson, Smith put up sick numbers in college, especially TD-Int ratio. And just like Wilson, Smith made a big jump up in conferences his senior year - from Big East to Big XII - despite that move up, his numbers actually improved.

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 02-02-2013 at 02:42 AM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:12 AM   #166
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Oh good lord. The dude isn't a complete statue so you morons want to crown him as some kind of super-athlete. It's absurd. Obviously he's a great athlete by normal human standards, but by NFL standards he's nothing special. He's basically on par with Joe Flacco. He can move a bit, he'll run for a few yards every once in a while, but he is not a great athlete playing QB. And when compared to Russell Wilson he is a clumsy giraffe.
The comparison to Kaepernick is still easily the worst post in this thread.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #167
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Keep digging that hole of hyperbole.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #168
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The comparison to Kaepernick is still easily the worst post in this thread.
The better comparison athletically is actually Jay Cutler
Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #169
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
The better comparison athletically is actually Jay Cutler
If Brock can move around like Cutler I would love it. Cutler is a lot of things but he is pretty good to great about buying time and taking off for some nice 8-10 yard gains
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #170
schaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
"Without a doubt," really? I don't think so .... Geno Smith looks like a taller version of Russell Wilson to me. Both are humble, hard-working nose-to-the-grindstone guys. Like Wilson, Smith put up sick numbers in college, especially TD-Int ratio. And just like Wilson, Smith made a big jump up in conferences his senior year - from Big East to Big XII - despite that move up, his numbers actually improved.
Yeah, what I meant to say is if Brock would have duplicated his numbers from his junior season he would have been the number 1 qb taken
Old 02-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #171
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
This is what I'm saying. In just about any other draft... Brock is a first rounder.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #172
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I just thought this was an interesting bump because of how well Wilson played.

I think I'd still take the risk of Brock. Greater risk = greater reward, and there are several things that we know: Brock has a cannon arm, he can move for his size, and he has notchy mechanics but plenty of time to work them out.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #173
g6matty

Quote:

im faster and stronger and have a better broad jump
Old 02-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #174
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
im faster and stronger and have a better broad jump
I had Brock beat on the 40 in High School... not anymore though. Brock is bigger, stronger, and faster than me at this point.

I could see some people on here maybe running faster than a 4.8.... other than that, I don't believe anyone on here who says they're more athletic than Ozzy. Or any pro football player, for that matter.

I mean some of us might be faster and/or stronger than some QBs/Kickers. (I'm pretty sure I could outrun Sebastian Janikowski), but still...
Old 02-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #175
Agamemnon

So many homers blowing sunshine up each other's asses in this thread.