The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Pick your Bronco: Brock Osweiler or Russell Wilson?
Brock Osweiler 53 67.09%
Russell Wilson 26 32.91%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #126
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Russell Wilson never figured out how to hit the curve ball consistently.

Brock Osweiler has better tattoos.

Osweiler reminds me more of Ed McCaffrey.

I'll take Brock.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #127
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I do not believe that Wilson was drafted for an immediate impact. The Seahawks wouldn't have signed Flynn to a big contract if that were the case.
This.

He was drafted in the 3rd round to learn under Flynn. They thought he might start one day, but not this year. He beat everybody's expectations.

It's the same situation in Denver. Brock is learning and may be a quality starter one day. QBs drafted much higher have failed. We'll have to wait and see. Seattle already knows what they have.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #128
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
This.

He was drafted in the 3rd round to learn under Flynn. They thought he might start one day, but not this year. He beat everybody's expectations.

It's the same situation in Denver. Brock is learning and may be a quality starter one day. QBs drafted much higher have failed. We'll have to wait and see. Seattle already knows what they have.
Love your avy but gonna have to disagree with your post. You simply have no idea why Seattle drafted Flynn, that is, you weren't in the meeting when they called his name, nor were you in the meetings when they scouted him, etc.

IMHO, Wilson did outpace the expectations for sure. But my point is why draft Wilson at all when you just traded for Flynn and signed him to a fat contract? Somethings wrong with this picture. IMHO Wilson was drafted more because Flynn is not living up to expectations and pretty much everyone thought Wilson was a complete QB and NFL viable except for how tall he is.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #129
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Love your avy but gonna have to disagree with your post. You simply have no idea why Seattle drafted Flynn, that is, you weren't in the meeting when they called his name, nor were you in the meetings when they scouted him, etc.

IMHO, Wilson did outpace the expectations for sure. But my point is why draft Wilson at all when you just traded for Flynn and signed him to a fat contract? Somethings wrong with this picture. IMHO Wilson was drafted more because Flynn is not living up to expectations and pretty much everyone thought Wilson was a complete QB and NFL viable except for how tall he is.
...Exactly what expectations weren't met between Flynn signing and the draft...?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #130
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

53 voted for Brock..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #131
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...Exactly what expectations weren't met between Flynn signing and the draft...?
that's a good question and only the hawks know the answer. All I know is that Flynn is perhaps the highest paid benchwarmer in the NFL...
Old 01-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #132
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
that's a good question and only the hawks know the answer. All I know is that Flynn is perhaps the highest paid benchwarmer in the NFL...
I think they obviously liked Wilson and saw a cant miss opportunity in the third round. But I have to assume they fully expected Flynn to be their starter this year. You dont pay a guy all that money to be a question mark. And its not like they drafted Wilson in the first.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #133
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I think they obviously liked Wilson and saw a cant miss opportunity in the third round. But I have to assume they fully expected Flynn to be their starter this year. You dont pay a guy all that money to be a question mark. And its not like they drafted Wilson in the first.
I agree but if all things are equal, that is, if Wilson and Flynn provide the same chance to win then don't you start Flynn? Wilson must have just dazzled the coaches in practice.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #134
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I'm not Seattle's GM, but I played one on the Orange Mane 11 month ago.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #135
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Seattle needed a QB more than Denver, but Denver signed Manning and spent a higher pick in the draft for Brock. Seattle wanted to land Manning, but he never considered them. They went with plan B. Flynn was the next big FA at the position. I felt like they signed him to be an immediate starter. I went into the mock draft looking for a QB of the future with expectations of Flynn starting at least a year.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #136
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
53 voted for Brock..
I know right? It's unreal.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #137
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I know right? It's unreal.
I know right?! In a poll from August? :r ofl:
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:29 AM   #138
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
I know right?! In a poll from August? :r ofl:
it shows how much the posters in this site are blind homers...
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 AM   #139
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
it shows how much the posters in this site are blind homers...
...because one played and another didn't?
Old 01-31-2013, 05:55 AM   #140
Agamemnon

Quote:
...because one played and another didn't?
No, because one was a great college quarterback in a pro style system and the other wasn't. And because one is a great athlete and the other isn't. The only thing Osweiler had on Wilson coming out was height. That's it.

Now I'm not trying to pretend that I was sitting around wanting Wilson during the draft, but I sure as **** didn't want Mr. Beanpole over him.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #141
schaaf

Quote:
No, because one was a great college quarterback in a pro style system and the other wasn't. And because one is a great athlete and the other isn't. The only thing Osweiler had on Wilson coming out was height. That's it.

Now I'm not trying to pretend that I was sitting around wanting Wilson during the draft, but I sure as **** didn't want Mr. Beanpole over him.
You're honestly saying Brock isn't athletic? Brock originally signed a basketball scholarship to play for Gonzaga. You're calling that unathletic
Old 01-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #142
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
You're honestly saying Brock isn't athletic? Brock originally signed a basketball scholarship to play for Gonzaga. You're calling that unathletic
242lbs is a bean pole
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #143
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
242lbs is a bean pole
I hate when people are so lazy they can't even do a cursory google search to check their bull****.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #144
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

http://www.drafttek.com/PositionalQB.asp
http://walterfootball.com/draft2012QB.php
http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d82...000d5d8264321d
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...Prospects.html
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/prospects/qb.html

Good luck finding Russell Wilson ranked ahead of Osweiler anywhere leading up to this season. Wilson may have shown that he is better than that ranking at this point (or he may still Doug Flutie for a couple years before Doug Flutieing). As for Brock, there can be no assessment yet.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #145
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Brock also has a stronger arm.....iirc, Wilson was said to possibly be a first round pick if he was 3 inches taller. It was also said that if Brock would have stayed in college and just kept par with the season he had his last year of college he would have been a top 10 pick this year, perhaps the #1 overall.

The answer is we do not know the answer yet. How you guys think you do is insane. Think of it like this-

You are playing fantasy football and each team has one player left. You guy plays Monday night and his Sunday night. Hs guy played sun night and put up 30 points......are you now going to start b****ing and whining that you should have started a different player,without having even seen how your guys does mon night? You have no clue! Perhaps you have Rodgers on Monday night. Perhaps you have Brandon wheeden. You don't know. You have no way of knowing until you guys plays. Anything before then is just being ridiculous.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #146
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Brock Osweiler can hit Mt. Rushmore from Denver. That is how strong his arm is.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #147
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Neither one is as athletic as our Deer like Manning

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #148
jonny1
Ahhh, football!

Broncos' cheerleaders rule!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Quote:
I agree but if all things are equal, that is, if Wilson and Flynn provide the same chance to win then don't you start Flynn? Wilson must have just dazzled the coaches in practice.
That is exactly what happened, Wilson WON the job and Carroll was smart enough to know it.
jonny1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #149
Agamemnon

Quote:
I hate when people are so lazy they can't even do a cursory google search to check their bull****.
Dude runs a 4.8-4.9 40 and is 6'8" at that weight. Neither of my comments was bull****. He's not very athletic (more athletic than Manning, but that doesn't say much) and he is a bit of a beanpole. He does have a stronger arm than Wilson, I forgot to mention that. Still he was merely a good college QB playing in a spread offense while Russel Wilson was absolutely tearing it up in a pro style offense.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #150
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Dude runs a 4.8-4.9 40 and is 6'8" at that weight. Neither of my comments was bull****. He's not very athletic (more athletic than Manning, but that doesn't say much) and he is a bit of a beanpole. He does have a stronger arm than Wilson, I forgot to mention that. Still he was merely a good college QB playing in a spread offense while Russel Wilson was absolutely tearing it up in a pro style offense.
So we've isolated the 40 yard dash as THE judge of athleticism?

Good to know.