The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Pick your Bronco: Brock Osweiler or Russell Wilson?
Brock Osweiler 53 67.09%
Russell Wilson 26 32.91%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #101
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,602
Default

I'm glad I didn't vote because the situations ended up being totally different.

Stupid poll.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #102
DHallblows
Ring of Famer
 
DHallblows's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,633
Default

lulz at the people ragging on those who voted for Brock 5 ****ing months ago.

The poll was "Pick Your Bronco". ie who is a better pick to start for us in 3 years. Why is everyone acting like Brock is bad because he couldn't beat out PMFM as starter Russell Wilson would have taken just as many snaps this season if we had him instead of Brock. Stupid poll, different situations.
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #103
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
lulz at the people ragging on those who voted for Brock 5 ****ing months ago.

The poll was "Pick Your Bronco". ie who is a better pick to start for us in 3 years. Why is everyone acting like Brock is bad because he couldn't beat out PMFM as starter Russell Wilson would have taken just as many snaps this season if we had him instead of Brock. Stupid poll, different situations.
My god someone gets it!

It is absolutely impossible to know the answer to this. Wilson could take a huge step backwards next year (he would hardly be the first, Cam Newton being the most recent example). Brock could be a future hall-of-famer... who has any idea? Particularly since Brock is so incredibly young.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #104
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
lulz at the people ragging on those who voted for Brock 5 ****ing months ago.

The poll was "Pick Your Bronco". ie who is a better pick to start for us in 3 years. Why is everyone acting like Brock is bad because he couldn't beat out PMFM as starter Russell Wilson would have taken just as many snaps this season if we had him instead of Brock. Stupid poll, different situations.
My god someone gets it!

It is absolutely impossible to know the answer to this. Wilson could take a huge step backwards next year (he would hardly be the first, Cam Newton being the most recent example). Brock could be a future hall-of-famer... who has any idea? Particularly since Brock is so incredibly young.

I will say that everything we've seen from Brock so far has been positive. He's prepared well. He's practically been attached to Manning during games (and I'd assume practice). There's a lot to like there.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #105
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 971
Default

Os hasn't thrown a meaningful pass yet and everyone is proclaiming Wilson is better than him.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #106
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,903

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Kirk Cousins, Russel Wilson, and Nick Foles all have looked good so far.


Why didn't we draft Turbin?






Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #107
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

people are so ghey over Wilson right now, any team without a QB, their fans are melting down that they didn't draft Wilson, blah, blah, blah....

He had a nice year, kudos. The NFL will figure him out. They figured out Cam, but his first year the experts were already carving out a place for him in Canton... well... the NFL figured him out, and he will have to figure out how to overcome.

As far as Brock, he has the measurable and skill set to be a starter, otherwise Elways and Co. would have passed. I will by default say Brock because I trust our Front Office to put us in the best position to contend.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #108
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
people are so ghey over Wilson right now, any team without a QB, their fans are melting down that they didn't draft Wilson, blah, blah, blah....

He had a nice year, kudos. The NFL will figure him out. They figured out Cam, but his first year the experts were already carving out a place for him in Canton... well... the NFL figured him out, and he will have to figure out how to overcome.

As far as Brock, he has the measurable and skill set to be a starter, otherwise Elways and Co. would have passed. I will by default say Brock because I trust our Front Office to put us in the best position to contend.
I'd say most Broncos fans (including me) didn't care for the Ozzy pick on draft day and then softend up a little by the pre-season.

I still hate the pick
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #109
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer
 
broncs2bowl's Avatar
 
^Club of Death^

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
people are so ghey over Wilson right now, any team without a QB, their fans are melting down that they didn't draft Wilson, blah, blah, blah....

He had a nice year, kudos. The NFL will figure him out. They figured out Cam, but his first year the experts were already carving out a place for him in Canton... well... the NFL figured him out, and he will have to figure out how to overcome.

As far as Brock, he has the measurable and skill set to be a starter, otherwise Elways and Co. would have passed. I will by default say Brock because I trust our Front Office to put us in the best position to contend.

Russell Wilson is no Cam newton. Just because he is mobile, he plays nothing like Cam. Cam is an athletic freak who just used it and completely depended on it for success his first year. After film teams catch on to that.

HOWEVER, Wilson is so mature and smart with the way he plays. He is not erratic like Cam. He plays to win. Cam had a lot of garbage time padded stats last year.

Wilson is the real deal and will be better than Brock in my opinion. Brock just strikes me as stupid. We need to win the super bowl SOON with manning under center.

Because I am NOT looking forward to the first season under Brock
broncs2bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #110
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
Russell Wilson is no Cam newton. Just because he is mobile, he plays nothing like Cam. Cam is an athletic freak who just used it and completely depended on it for success his first year. After film teams catch on to that.

HOWEVER, Wilson is so mature and smart with the way he plays. He is not erratic like Cam. He plays to win. Cam had a lot of garbage time padded stats last year.

Wilson is the real deal and will be better than Brock in my opinion. Brock just strikes me as stupid. We need to win the super bowl SOON with manning under center.

Because I am NOT looking forward to the first season under Brock
like Cam in 2012, teams will adjust to wilson's game by 2013
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #111
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer
 
broncs2bowl's Avatar
 
^Club of Death^

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
like Cam in 2012, teams will adjust to wilson's game by 2013
You clearly didn't get my point...

Then you could say that about ANY rookie QB. Oh yeah teams will adjust to Luck, Wilson, RG3 and every rookie that comes out in this league.

Wilson >>>> Cam.

Cam is a loser. Wilson is a winner.

Wilson has too much poise to flop, unlike whiney pouter Cam
broncs2bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #112
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer
 
broncs2bowl's Avatar
 
^Club of Death^

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

I only see Luck and Wilson coming out as the great QBs of this draft. And they truly will be great.

RG3 will be out of the league in like 5-6 years
broncs2bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #113
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer
 
broncs2bowl's Avatar
 
^Club of Death^

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

I only see Luck and Wilson coming out as the great QBs of this draft. And they truly will be great.

RG3 will be out of the league in like 5-6 years
broncs2bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #114
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
You clearly didn't get my point...

Then you could say that about ANY rookie QB. Oh yeah teams will adjust to Luck, Wilson, RG3 and every rookie that comes out in this league.

Wilson >>>> Cam.

Cam is a loser. Wilson is a winner.

Wilson has too much poise to flop, unlike whiney pouter Cam
and it's up to Wilson/Seattle to adjust as well. It happens to all QB's.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #115
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
like Cam in 2012, teams will adjust to wilson's game by 2013
Cam Newton started the season out slowly, true, but he played very well in the last part of the season. I'm not sure why everyone is acting like he was exposed and a proven failure. Panthers won 5 of their last 6 with Newton throwing 10 TDs and only 2 INTs in those 6 games. He also ran for 347 yards and 4 TDs over that span. He shredded the Falcons with 287 yards passing,116 rushing and 3 TDs (2 passing, 1 rushing).

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 01-29-2013 at 02:44 PM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #116
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Cam Newton started the season out slowly, true, but he played very well in the last part of the season. I'm not sure why everyone is acting like he was exposed and a proven failure. Panthers won 5 of their last 6 with Newton throwing 10 TDs and only 2 INTs in those 6 games. He also ran for 347 yards and 4 TDs over that span. He shredded the Falcons with 287 yards passing,116 rushing and 3 TDs (2 passing, 1 rushing).
that is also true. i had written Cam and Rivera off after the broncos destroyed them.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #117
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Cam Newton started the season out slowly, true, but he played very well in the last part of the season. I'm not sure why everyone is acting like he was exposed and a proven failure. Panthers won 5 of their last 6 with Newton throwing 10 TDs and only 2 INTs in those 6 games. He also ran for 347 yards and 4 TDs over that span. He shredded the Falcons with 287 yards passing,116 rushing and 3 TDs (2 passing, 1 rushing).
He caught the Falcons in a pre-playoff nap. There is nothing more misleading in the NFL than last 6 game stats. The level of competition gets really uneven late in the year. Lots of bad teams win a few games (even go on big streaks) late in the year, only to come back to earth.

In Newton I se a QB that can be rattled who lacks accuracy in the mid-range. He gets confused by defenses and generally lacks poise.

I don't think he'll ever be a terribly effective NFL QB.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #118
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
that is also true. i had written Cam and Rivera off after the broncos destroyed them.
I think it's Rivera and Chud who stink. I was floored when Cleveland hired Chud. Carolina is on TV every week in SC, so I saw most of their games, and the play-calling was flat-out ridiculous. I mean, they're paying three RBs millions upon millions of dollars (Williams, Stewart, and Tolbert) and they barely used them. I was a little surprised Richardson didn't can Rivera after he fired the GM, but then again he's incredibly cheap and probably didn't want to have to pay off the remainder of his contract. Anyway, I think Newton is definitely a keeper.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #119
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
He caught the Falcons in a pre-playoff nap. There is nothing more misleading in the NFL than last 6 game stats. The level of competition gets really uneven late in the year. Lots of bad teams win a few games (even go on big streaks) late in the year, only to come back to earth.

In Newton I se a QB that can be rattled who lacks accuracy in the mid-range. He gets confused by defenses and generally lacks poise.

I don't think he'll ever be a terribly effective NFL QB.
Um, he's already an effective NFL QB. If those 6 games were the only effective starts of his career, I might agree with your point, but he's been playing well for the most part since the first start of his career. It was the first half of 2012 that was the aberration, not the before and after.

Anyway, see my previous post for what I think is the root of Carolina's issues. Hint: it isn't Newton.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 01-29-2013 at 03:16 PM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #120
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I'd say most Broncos fans (including me) didn't care for the Ozzy pick on draft day and then softend up a little by the pre-season.

I still hate the pick
I hate it even more now. We took the AFC champs to double OT. Any upgrade anywhere on the roster could've potentially made the difference.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #121
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,428
Default

you can't count the last 6 games? lol what.

is this some kind of unwritten NFL rule no one has heard of?
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #122
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I do not believe that Wilson was drafted for an immediate impact. The Seahawks wouldn't have signed Flynn to a big contract if that were the case.
I disagree gunns and here's why: Yes, the hawks already had Flynn yet they still drafted Wilson--why? Furthermore, Carrol was on his last year as the HC of the hawks, it was make or break for him. He gambled just starting Wilson and he won that gamble. Not to mention drafting other guys like Irving. Of all the moves the hawks front office has made over the last few years, Flynn was and is the biggest mistake.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #123
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

This thread reminds me of why Jason Campbell is a much better QB then Aaron Rodgers because he started his career so much sooner then Rodgers.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #124
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Um, he's already an effective NFL QB. If those 6 games were the only effective starts of his career, I might agree with your point, but he's been playing well for the most part since the first start of his career. It was the first half of 2012 that was the aberration, not the before and after.

Anyway, see my previous post for what I think is the root of Carolina's issues. Hint: it isn't Newton.
See I disagree. His rookie season he threw a ton of interceptions and played his worst football in the fourth quarter. He's Jay Cutler at this point. Which is alright, but far from being elite or really showing the potential to be in that class.

For reference I think Wilson and Luck are both clearly better QB's right now.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #125
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
See I disagree. His rookie season he threw a ton of interceptions and played his worst football in the fourth quarter. He's Jay Cutler at this point. Which is alright, but far from being elite or really showing the potential to be in that class.

For reference I think Wilson and Luck are both clearly better QB's right now.
You need to look at the 4th quarter splits from Newtons rookie year vs Lucks rookie year before you start making that claim.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Denver Broncos