The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #1201
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Former Mariners superstar Ichiro Suzuki has taken a big pay cut to stay in New York for another year, according to a report by Japan’s Nikkan Sports.

Ichiro has reportedly reached an agreement with the Yankees for a one-year contract with a base salary of $5 million plus incentives, Nikkan Sports reported Tuesday. That would be a big decrease from his $18 million annual contract with the Mariners, which expired after the 2012 season.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #1202
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- After declining to make formal contract offers to free agents at the winter meetings, the New York Yankees are attempting to entice free-agent third baseman Kevin Youkilis with a one-year, $12 million deal, according to sources.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #1203
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Michael Young has accepted a trade to the Philadelphia Phillies, who will ship right-handed reliever Josh Lindblom and minor league righty Lisalverto Bonilla to the Rangers to complete the deal, according to sources.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #1204
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

The Los Angeles Dodgers were closing in Saturday on signing the top free-agent pitcher on the market, Zack Greinke, a source told ESPN.

The deal is worth approximately $147 million over six years, a source told ESPN.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #1205
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
The Los Angeles Dodgers were closing in Saturday on signing the top free-agent pitcher on the market, Zack Greinke, a source told ESPN.

The deal is worth approximately $147 million over six years, a source told ESPN.
This is why it is so freakin hard to stay interested in MLB.
Greinke had a freakish amazing year in 2009, and since then, while he has been good, is that something that you can say justifies paying him $24.5 million a year?
He's highly inconsistent, it just boggles my mind how MLB works.

I mean a young, solid pitcher in Tommy Hanson gets traded for bullpen depth.
Michael Young gets traded for bullpen depth.
Stars are traded for peanuts to clear salary or just to get something for them before they hit free agency.
Then overpaying for players, causing the market to be out of whack.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #1206
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Free-agent slugger Josh Hamilton agreed to a five-year, $125 million contract Thursday with the Los Angeles Angels, sources told ESPN.com.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #1207
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Free-agent slugger Josh Hamilton agreed to a five-year, $125 million contract Thursday with the Los Angeles Angels, sources told ESPN.com.
Apparently the Angels are just gonna out-hit everyone, every game.
Jeez....forget pitching, and go hitting i guess.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #1208
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Dodgers went from an average rotation to a great one.

Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Billingsley, Beckett.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #1209
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Dodgers went from an average rotation to a great one.

Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Billingsley, Beckett.
The Dodgers flat out overpaid for Greinke, I wonder how motivated he will be to be honest.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #1210
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Apparently the Angels are just gonna out-hit everyone, every game.
Jeez....forget pitching, and go hitting i guess.
Yes, I posted on my blog for My Space
"We will win games when Weaver isn't pitching, 10 to 8."

I cant believe we committed $25 million a year on a guy that has proven to fall off the wagon. I love a drinking partner at Hooters in Anaheim but come one Artie, I hope he stays sober!

MHM
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #1211
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I know the Mariners are terrible (will always root for them), but seeing Texas and LA always do crazy stuff makes me furious. Can't blame anyone but the Seattle FO. Nobody wants to play here anyways.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #1212
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Greinke had a freakish amazing year in 2009, and since then, while he has been good, is that something that you can say justifies paying him $24.5 million a year?
No. Terrible contract. Only the Josh Hamilton deal is worse this offseason.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #1213
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
The Dodgers flat out overpaid for Greinke, I wonder how motivated he will be to be honest.
Doesn't matter how much the Dodgers paid for him, the way the deal is structured is better for the Dodgers. There's not a NTC but Greinke can opt out in 3 years. Essentially it is a 3 year 76 million dollar contract and if Greinke doesn't perform (unlikely) then the Dodgers can trade him to whomever.

There's more moves to be made from the Dodgers, we're really deep starting pitching, 8-9 starters on the roster. So a trade is going happen in the near future.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #1214
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Doesn't matter how much the Dodgers paid for him, the way the deal is structured is better for the Dodgers. There's not a NTC but Greinke can opt out in 3 years. Essentially it is a 3 year 76 million dollar contract and if Greinke doesn't perform (unlikely) then the Dodgers can trade him to whomever.

There's more moves to be made from the Dodgers, we're really deep starting pitching, 8-9 starters on the roster. So a trade is going happen in the near future.
There is a strong chance Cap is going to the Pirates for Joel Hanrahan. The pen would be pretty damn stacked IMO. I think they would keep Harang around till they know how well Lilly is doing and Ryu is still a unknown going forward. All reports say Bills is ready to go and Donny said they dodged a bullet with him not needing Tommy John surgery.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #1215
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:

The Dodgers are paying $25 mil a year for a pitcher who battles inconsistency nearly every start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
There is a strong chance Cap is going to the Pirates for Joel Hanrahan. The pen would be pretty damn stacked IMO. I think they would keep Harang around till they know how well Lilly is doing and Ryu is still a unknown going forward. All reports say Bills is ready to go and Donny said they dodged a bullet with him not needing Tommy John surgery.
The question with the Dodgers isn't pitching, its that offense if it will score enough.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #1216
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
The Dodgers are paying $25 mil a year for a pitcher who battles inconsistency nearly every start.

The question with the Dodgers isn't pitching, its that offense if it will score enough.
You have to give the team a chance to gel. I think McGuire helps, as well platooning Skip and Mark on the pitching match up is a plus too.
Anibal Sanchez just signed a 5 year 75 million dollar contract with the Cubs. Dempster is gone to the Red Sox. Pretty much leaves Dickey and Lohse as the best pitchers available. One by trade and other a FA. Honestly Dodgers might get some better bats with the surplus of arms they have.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #1217
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Ichiro Suzuki apparently enjoyed playing for the New York Yankees so much in 2012 that he is about to forfeit approximately $2 million to play for them for the next two seasons.

According to a baseball source who has been briefed on the negotiations, the Yankees and Ichiro likely will finalize a deal Friday that will pay the outfielder between $12 million and $13 million over two years and will keep him in pinstripes until his 41st birthday.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #1218
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

Dodgers have two cy young winners on the staff now. Doesn't matter how much the salary is for Greinke. He's a proven young arm that fits in perfectly with this rotation. I'd rather pay Grienke 25 million than to sign any other pitcher left on the market. It's a good deal for the Dodgers.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:31 AM   #1219
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Well the Rangers aren't having a good off season. Hamilton gone and trade of Young is going to change that team.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #1220
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Free agent right-hander Anibal Sanchez has reached agreement on a five-year, $80 million deal with the Detroit Tigers, agent Gene Mato confirmed to ESPN.com Friday.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #1221
TheChamp24

The Legend

Sanchez is an interesting guy. No way is he in any shape/form an ace, or really a #2 guy, but a good #3. The price might be a tad high, but to me it is worth it to keep a solid rotation together.
They just need to get some consistent production from their lineup, not a lot of people talk about the Tigers but they are a dangerous team. Honestly could use a better closer too lol.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #1222
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Sanchez is an interesting guy. No way is he in any shape/form an ace, or really a #2 guy, but a good #3. The price might be a tad high, but to me it is worth it to keep a solid rotation together.
They just need to get some consistent production from their lineup, not a lot of people talk about the Tigers but they are a dangerous team. Honestly could use a better closer too lol.
You are mad that the Dodgers are paying a number 2 pitcher 25 mill per season, but OK with the Tigers paying a 3 pitcher 16 per season?

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 12-14-2012 at 09:30 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #1223
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Cy Young winner R.A. Dickey has reached an agreement with the Toronto Blue Jays on a two-year, $25 million extension, pending a physical, that will allow Toronto and the New York Mets to complete their trade, sources tell ESPN's Buster Olney.

ESPNNewYork.com's Adam Rubin reported earlier Monday that the Mets will receive highly regarded catching prospect Travis d'Arnaud and Class A right-hander Noah Syndergaard from Toronto. The teams also will exchange catchers, with Josh Thole headed to Toronto and John Buck to the Mets.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #1224
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You are mad that the Dodgers are paying a number 2 pitcher 25 mill per season, but OK with the Tigers paying a 3 pitcher 16 per season?
No kidding.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #1225
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Cy Young winner R.A. Dickey has reached an agreement with the Toronto Blue Jays on a two-year, $25 million extension, pending a physical, that will allow Toronto and the New York Mets to complete their trade, sources tell ESPN's Buster Olney.

ESPNNewYork.com's Adam Rubin reported earlier Monday that the Mets will receive highly regarded catching prospect Travis d'Arnaud and Class A right-hander Noah Syndergaard from Toronto. The teams also will exchange catchers, with Josh Thole headed to Toronto and John Buck to the Mets.
Toronto has quietly put together a team that could/should be a legit contender. Probably the best team in the AL East.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote