The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2018, 12:04 AM   #1
Bronco Yoda

Default A History Of Gun Control For Black People

White & Black Guns: A History Of Gun Control For Black People

https://www.mintpressnews.com/MyMPN/...-black-people/

Every law abiding black American citizen of sound mind and legal age, should go out right now and buy an AR-15, AR-10, AK47 or some other scary looking black gun TODAY. Not because you need one.... but because YOU CAN!

Patriots of all colors and creed died to give ALL of us (not just white people) these rights.

Don't let ANYONE try and tell YOU that you shouldn't... certainly not two (supposedly) white little worm tongues (racesteps & Labron).

The negative stigma... soft gun control... self censoring concerning gun ownership in the black community needs to end. The NRA needs to start doing a better job promoting this as well.

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 03-02-2018 at 04:52 PM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2018, 12:54 AM   #2
Bronco Yoda

The Discriminatory History of Gun Control

http://digitalcommons.uri.edu/cgi/vi...t=srhonorsprog

[1]
David Babat

The Discriminatory History of Gun Control
Introduction
Gun control in the United States is based on a long
history of discrimination which
continues to this day. While blacks were the first
targets of gun control measures, different racial
and ethnic minorities have been targeted over time,
and today the poor now face economic
discrimination in many gun control laws. Gun contr
ol may be portrayed as a measure to reduce
crime,
but even in its earliest forms firearms regulation
has been used as a means to control
specific societal groups by keeping them from posse
ssing weapons. The first selectively
restrictive gun control legislation was enacted in
the pre-Revolution South and primarily aimed
at keeping free blacks from owning firearms and mai
ntaining a white monopoly on power.
Many different forms of gun control laws were imple
mented before and after the Revolution to
keep firearms out of African-American hands. Even
after the Civil War, Black Codes were
enacted which ensured that supposedly freed blacks
would not have effective means to defend
themselves, and would remain an unarmed and subordi
nate group in society, unable to defend
themselves or fight for their legal and constitutio
nal rights.

By the end of the 19
th
century, the focus of gun control shifted from pre
dominantly anti-
black to anti-immigrant legislation. This was also
the first time that gun control was enacted in
the northern United States where there was almost n
o firearms legislation in place prior to the
late 1800’s. With the arrival of European and othe
r immigrants in the country, anti-immigrant
prejudices arose and anti-immigrant groups did much...
Old 03-02-2018, 12:59 AM   #3
Bronco Yoda

Laws Designed to Disarm Slaves, Freedmen, and African-Americans

http://www.old-yankee.com/rkba/racial_laws.html

Overview

Before the Civil War ended, State “Slave Codes” prohibited slaves from owning guns. After President Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863, and after the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution abolishing slavery was adopted and the Civil War ended in 1865, States persisted in prohibiting blacks, now freemen, from owning guns under laws renamed “Black Codes.” They did so on the basis that blacks were not citizens, and thus did not have the same rights, including the right to keep and bear arms protected in the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as whites. This view was specifically articulated by the U.S. Supreme Court in its infamous 1857 decision in Dred Scott v. Sandford to uphold slavery.........
Old 03-02-2018, 01:00 AM   #4
Bronco Yoda

Gun Control Was – Historically – About Repressing Blacks
Posted on February 20, 2013 by WashingtonsBlog

Preface: I was raised to be against guns. My parents hated guns, and believed that they only lead to crime and accidental shootings.

I was raised in a blue state, and I have long been deeply influenced by leading voices for non-violence, such as Gandhi and King. So – until recently – I was pro gun-control.

As such, I was stunned to learn about the historical background behind gun control campaigns.
The Real History of Gun Control...

http://washingtonsblog.com/2013/02/g...ng-blacks.html
Old 03-02-2018, 01:06 AM   #5
Bronco Yoda

Why Black People Own Guns

HuffPost spoke with 11 black gun owners to figure out what gun ownership means in a country determined to keep its black populace unarmed.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b040881bea2f37
Old 03-02-2018, 01:13 AM   #6
Bronco Yoda

Black Gun Rights Activist Launches ‘Black Guns Matter’

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...k-guns-matter/

http://officialblackgunsmatter.com/

https://www.facebook.com/AfricanAmericanGunClub

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 03-02-2018 at 01:16 AM..
Old 03-02-2018, 01:20 AM   #7
Bronco Yoda

ALL Americans have a right to protect themselves

Don't let anyone tell you different!

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 03-02-2018 at 01:35 AM..
Old 03-02-2018, 01:24 AM   #8
Bronco Yoda

Old 03-02-2018, 06:22 AM   #9
Bronco Yoda

A Stigma of Black Gun Ownership | The New York Times

Old 03-02-2018, 06:34 AM   #10
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

In other words, you're concerned they might be able to shoot back when the time comes to launch your attacks.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:31 AM   #11
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
In other words, you're concerned they might be able to shoot back when the time comes to launch your attacks.
Whatever you say house honky.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:33 AM   #12
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It sounds like you're drawing exactly the wrong conclusion.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:33 AM   #13
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It sounds like you're drawing exactly the wrong conclusion.
Not really.

I agree with the principle that black gun ownership has been decidedly placed into an entirely different category than it has for whites, but I disagree with the ideas expressed in the video by the "Black Guns Matter" guy on the second amendment. However, his position as he repeatedly expressed it was also weighted towards educating people in urban environments about things like conflict resolution and dispute resolution, non-violent approaches to solving conflicts. His concept of the 2A is flawed like yours is, however, which is where ai take issue with him. That said, given his life experience vs the typical white suburbanite or rural white guy, I understand his motives more than yours.

None of this has anything to do with my comment on the motives of the OP for posting this thread. I have no doubt the idea of millions of black people getting firearms training and arming themselves scares the living **** out of him...undoubtedly why he will soon be buying more guns...waiting for the day when the race war comes.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:47 AM   #14
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Not really.

I agree with the principle that black gun ownership has been decidedly placed into an entirely different category than it has for whites, but I disagree with the ideas expressed in the video by the "Black Guns Matter" guy on the second amendment. However, his position as he repeatedly expressed it was also weighted towards educating people in urban environments about things like conflict resolution and dispute resolution, non-violent approaches to solving conflicts. His concept of the 2A is flawed like yours is, however, which is where ai take issue with him. That said, given his life experience vs the typical white suburbanite or rural white guy, I understand his motives more than yours.
You shouldn't only respect civil rights as applicable to your own life. Otherwise you don't really believe in civil rights.

Quote:
None of this has anything to do with my comment on the motives of the OP for posting this thread. I have no doubt the idea of millions of black people getting firearms training and arming themselves scares the living **** out of him...undoubtedly why he will soon be buying more guns...waiting for the day when the race war comes.
Well, it goes back to the same game you were trying to play in that other thread with '200 years of jurisprudence'

By and large any examples you can find of 'that jurisprudence' was found in bills saying BLACK men didn't have the right to bear arms (or speak, or assemble, etc, but you ignore that part)
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #15
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Not really.

You're just another white guy wanting to keep guns away from black people. History going back centuries is filled with people like you. Worm tounges like you are the most insidious.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:36 PM   #16
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
You're just another white guy wanting to keep guns away from black people. History going back centuries is filled with people like you. Worm tounges like you are the most insidious.
Actually, I think they should keep theirs until you've lost yours, just to be on the safe side.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:40 PM   #17
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You shouldn't only respect civil rights as applicable to your own life. Otherwise you don't really believe in civil rights.

Well, it goes back to the same game you were trying to play in that other thread with '200 years of jurisprudence'

By and large any examples you can find of 'that jurisprudence' was found in bills saying BLACK men didn't have the right to bear arms (or speak, or assemble, etc, but you ignore that part)
Lately I"ve noticed your thought patterns are more convoluted than even the usual gibberish you spout. Are you posting while high? Half the stuff you're saying now seems like it's straight from Choca's muddled mind.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #18
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Actually, I think they should keep theirs until you've lost yours, just to be on the safe side.
There you go again with "THEY"....... "YOU"......... "I"

when the rest of us are talking about "WE".

THIS IS WHO YOU ARE! Do you really want to go throgh life like this?

You got serious problems. I hope you get treatment for this one day.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:35 PM   #19
Bronco Yoda

Every law abiding black American citizen of sound mind and legal age, should go out right now and buy an AR-15, AR-10, AK47 or some other scary looking black gun TODAY. Not because you need one.... but because YOU CAN!

Patriots of all colors and creed died to give ALL of us (not just white people) these rights.

Don't let ANYONE try and tell YOU that you shouldn't... certainly not two (supposedly) white little worm tongues (racesteps & Labron).

The negative stigma... soft gun control... self censoring concerning gun ownership in the black community needs to end. The NRA needs to start doing a better job promoting this as well.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #20
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

18 posts, and 12 are from the same person.

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #21
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'm just messing with you, Yoda.

We're still besties!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:55 PM   #22
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Thousands of people in jail for marijaua (mostly brothas) but somehow this ****er gets to walk?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/serial-pe...161633873.html

I hope something or someone gets to him.
rmsanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 04:17 AM   #23
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Thousands of people in jail for marijaua (mostly brothas) but somehow this ****er gets to walk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post

This war on drugs is another social experiment. They crowded people together in the cities, pumped drugs into it and then locked up everyone for using what was pumped in. It totally devastated the black community. And it was done by design.

Many white people hunt and target practice. Many black people have been tricked into thinking they shouldn't own a gun. I liken it to trauma based fear where all you see around you is guns used for crimes instead of recreation... thus an entire has CONTINUED to be tricked into self censoring.

More blacks need to buy guns. The more whites and blacks shoot together the better. This might just help break down a lot of taboos and stereotypes on both sides. Neither would be afraid to see each other with a weapon as it should be. We should be covering each others backs... not stabbing them.

We are all brothers from another mother. We should not be divided. It's the worlds wealthy elites that want us divided.... AND UNARMED!

It's all about control people.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:18 AM   #24
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post

I'm beginning to understand why you want to see more guns, and more lethal guns, in the black community...and it's not so black people can protect themselves. In case you don't know this already, and obviously you don't, the black community is already DROWNING in guns. They're literally everywhere. The "Black Guns Matter" guy isn't focused on black people buying more guns. He was focused on gun education, legal permits, conceal to carry and gun safety education. You on the other hand, would simply like to perpetuate more black people being armed so you can see more black people dead.

Nobody here thinks you're a civil rights advocate for black folks, not even your fellow white nationalist fascists....duh.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:40 AM   #25
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
18 posts, and 12 are from the same person.

Ironically, on another thread, moRon was just commiserating with the "same person" in question about how the mods were too lenient toward trolls.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote