The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > The Horses Butt
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #401
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If you got a link, I'd love to see it. I'm not saying you are wrong, I just don't recall that at all. I do remember something about Brandon Lloyd being upset because he knew he wouldn't be getting the ball as much. The Orton numbers speak for themselves.

Edit:

I found this a rather interesting statement by Fox during the Orton/Tebow time: http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/1...orton-john-fox

Please note the comments by Fox in the above link: The hard part of the National Football League is that it's hard to master one offense, and when you spend too much (time) trying to master another one, there is not enough time that goes around, particularly with a new staff, a new offense, a new defense, really a new special teams coach as far as coordinators.

aaaaannnd here's the kill shot: With the Lockout, there was no way for the Broncos or Tebow to work on the offense. Remember, don't confuse Mike McCoy's return as offensive coordinator with the concept that the Broncos are running the same offense. They aren't. McCoy was running Josh McDaniels' playbook last year, and this year it's a McCoy/Panthers/Fox playbook. It's a new offense that Tebow did not have the opportunity to work on because of the work stoppage.
Well, that's not quite how McCoy put it, when asked directly.

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_18542689

Quote:
"The system's going to stay intact," McCoy said last week. "Every time you have a change in a staff, changes are made, whether it's the way you call certain plays or you add certain things, take things out. But the terminology is going to stay the same.
"We're going to add plenty of new things, don't get me wrong, and there's going to be plenty of new concepts in the passing game, some new wrinkles in the running game, some things that we did in Carolina back in the days from 2002 till 2008 when I left"
Anyway, nothing about this sounds like they just brought in "Fox's system" whatever that is.
 
Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #402
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Don't they look bad enough for starting a 3rd stringer over both guys?

What is the difference? They knew what they had in Tebow and they wanted to see what they had out of what'shisname3rdstringer. Either way they are losing.
Because THEY picked McElroy.. so they think he is great... they likely never ever considered Tebow a QB and they weren't willing to adapt to Tebow at all.

Quote:
Can NFL teams make a trade to a CFL team? That is the only way they unload their bust.

Elway trading Tebow for a 4th is almost as big a trade as Portis for Bailey and and 2nd! We are lucky we got anything back for a Punt Protector/gadget player.
Of course.. because ELway made Tebow look terrible.... mission accomplished..

As for the Pats loss... that was all on Fox.. we have seen how the more important the game the more he chokes....

The Steelers game was the exception because Fox thought he had nothing to lose at that point. When they won then Fox had everythng to lose and went into ultra conservative mode... dooming Tebow versus Belichick.

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-24-2013 at 09:01 PM..
 
Old 01-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #403
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I think the reality of the Jets/Tebow situation is starting to come out. Tannenbaum and Ryan were getting into it late last season. So when Tb decided he wanted Tim, Tim unknowingly walked into a GM/HC pissing match that Rex decided he wasn't going to lose no matter what. Once the season was over, it was clear either the GM or Rex had to go, and Rex won out.

Really unfortunate that Tim picked the Jets, but going in that would've been tough to predict. Had he picked Jax, it's 90% likely he would've had another shot this year.
 
Old 01-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #404
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think the reality of the Jets/Tebow situation is starting to come out. Tannenbaum and Ryan were getting into it late last season. So when Tb decided he wanted Tim, Tim unknowingly walked into a GM/HC pissing match that Rex decided he wasn't going to lose no matter what. Once the season was over, it was clear either the GM or Rex had to go, and Rex won out.

Really unfortunate that Tim picked the Jets, but going in that would've been tough to predict. Had he picked Jax, it's 90% likely he would've had another shot this year.
With Jax then another GM would have come in and done the same thing to him as Elway did...

You might be right about Tannenbaum/Rex... I think they were just desperate for any kind of offensive player. Plus if Sanchez had tanked or continued to lose the team as he did last season or get injured THEN I think they would have used Tebow as a starting QB. By the end of the season it wasn't worth it to them to get the fans excited for Tebow because they were committed to Sanchez with all the money they gave him.

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-24-2013 at 09:10 PM..
 
Old 01-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #405
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Well, that's not quite how McCoy put it, when asked directly.

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_18542689



Anyway, nothing about this sounds like they just brought in "Fox's system" whatever that is.
All the evidence says you are wrong, including the fact that Fox says it was a new offense, but whatever.
Tombstone RJ is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #406
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
All the evidence says you are wrong, including the fact that Fox says it was a new offense, but whatever.
Most of what you posted is naked MHR speculation. Fox was probably talking off the cuff when he said "New Offense" as in they had a lot of adjustments to work through. But it's hard to answer it more definitively than McCoy did when he said "The system's going to stay intact"

Read the article I posted, because both he and Fox go further.

Quote:
"I call it the Washington Redskins offense," Fox said, by which he did not mean the current Redskins under Shanahan but the Joe Gibbs offenses of the late 1980s and early '90s when Fox first came into the league.
"You can call it the New York Giants offense with (Bill) Parcells. That whole New England, Jets, Giants, Redskins, more run, play-action. It's not the West Coast."
The basic terminology was handed down from Parcells to Bill Belichick to McDaniels, which is convenient for Fox since the lockout deprived him of the offseason time to start from scratch.
"That's the unique thing about this year," McCoy said. "You've got to be careful how much you do starting out because you don't have the minicamps, you don't have the OTAs (organized team activities) and you don't have the meeting time you've had with the players in the past.
Fox didn't even call it his own system. Like I said, I'm not even sure one exists.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 01-24-2013 at 09:35 PM..
 
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #407
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I think what Fox did was to take elements of McDaniels offense and crafted his own offense... then he did the same thing with the Tebow offense... tho he only used a couple option run plays that fit in with his running approach.

I don't think it was McD's offense or Tebow's... if was Fox all the way and it's designed to not take risks and to aid the defense... and that's it.

The reality is Fox doesn't have an offense... which is his whole problem.
 
Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #408
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Most of what you posted is naked MHR speculation. Fox was probably talking off the cuff when he said "New Offense" as in they had a lot of adjustments to work through. But it's hard to answer it more definitively than McCoy did when he said "The system's going to stay intact"

Read the article I posted, because both he and Fox go further.



Fox didn't even call it his own system. Like I said, I'm not even sure one exists.
I guess I see it differently because the section you quote is John Fox talking about John Fox's offense which was a traditional pro style offense which was more run heavy, play action based on Joe Gibbs stuff. Basically old school, like 1980s stuff. It also refers to the Bill Parcells offenses that Parcells implimented with the Giants back in the 80s and later with New England and the Jets. The article also says the McCoy didn't even call the plays when McDaniels was the HC. It was McDaniels who called all the offensive plays. So McCoys role as the OC was minimal. Really it the whole article sounds like McCoy is trying to make everything sound as smooth as possible but the reality was that there was a lot of change and that very much affected Orton who didn't do well and players like Lloyd who knew his catches were going to decrease.

Krieger's main point of the article was that there is some confusion as to what offense the Broncos were going to run now that McDaniels was gone and a more conservative HC in Fox was in place.

Now, I shall endeaver to sum up your point and bid you a good night sir:

Tombstone RJ is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #409
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Tombstone RJ is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #410
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I think what Fox did was to take elements of McDaniels offense and crafted his own offense... then he did the same thing with the Tebow offense... tho he only used a couple option run plays that fit in with his running approach.

I don't think it was McD's offense or Tebow's... if was Fox all the way and it's designed to not take risks and to aid the defense... and that's it.

The reality is Fox doesn't have an offense... which is his whole problem.
What are you?
StugotsIII is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #411
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'm Batman
 
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #412
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

17 pages in a few days. Must be MacGruder. What a loser and only comes back to talk off season topics.
This message is hidden because MacGruder is on your ignore list.








This message is hidden because MacGruder is on your ignore list.

This thread would be 3 pages if 90% ignored Tebow's brother.

broncocalijohn is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #413
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,166

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Because THEY picked McElroy.. so they think he is great... they likely never ever considered Tebow a QB and they weren't willing to adapt to Tebow at all.



Of course.. because ELway made Tebow look terrible.... mission accomplished..

As for the Pats loss... that was all on Fox.. we have seen how the more important the game the more he chokes....

The Steelers game was the exception because Fox thought he had nothing to lose at that point. When they won then Fox had everythng to lose and went into ultra conservative mode... dooming Tebow versus Belichick.

No.
gyldenlove is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #414
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,166

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I think what Fox did was to take elements of McDaniels offense and crafted his own offense... then he did the same thing with the Tebow offense... tho he only used a couple option run plays that fit in with his running approach.

I don't think it was McD's offense or Tebow's... if was Fox all the way and it's designed to not take risks and to aid the defense... and that's it.

The reality is Fox doesn't have an offense... which is his whole problem.
No.
gyldenlove is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #415
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Well at least something good came out of this thread.
 
Old 01-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #416
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
If the NFL throws Tebow in the water and he floats, does that mean he can throw a forward pass?
Not quite but it does prove that **** floats.
broncocalijohn is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #417
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Not quite but it does prove that **** floats.
Brilliant fans mocking a player who outplayed the guy they dumped him for... and calling him ****.. Genius..
 
Old 01-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #418
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,508

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Brilliant fans mocking a player who outplayed the guy they dumped him for... and calling him ****.. Genius..
hey mcgriddle tebow is teh suck
Inkana7 is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #419
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,508

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

suck suck suck
Inkana7 is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #420
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,678
Default

Offseason or not...this train has left the rails, crashed into a bus full of retired nuns and exploded in front of Macgruder's home for the whackjobs.


Archer81 is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #421
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,815

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Offseason or not...this train has left the rails, crashed into a bus full of retired nuns and exploded in front of Macgruder's home for the whackjobs.


QFT... and... "callout" threads (with a specific poster's username in the title) are generally moved to the Butt; this one's headed there right now.
Blueflame is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Denver Broncos