The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #26
NickStixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Kinda lends to what i am trying to politely say.
So Ingram, Richardson have had incredible success in Bama behind that same line.
Gee, i wonder if Taylor or Gillisee or Franklin or any number of college RBs would have the same success too.
I would bet yeah.
But some of these college RBs have a proven 2-3 year skill set that Lacy doesnt have that just so happens to be tailored to DEN offense.
Yeah, i am sure Lacy could learn it, but hes no better a pure RB or has he even proven to be with just one year of running behind a mammoth Natl Champ line to justify taking him so high, and when theres others that are just as good, if not possibly better.
Lacy could be just as good as Taylor. Maybe.
But that doesnt mean take him in the 1st round. Thats crazy.
How is Ingram doing? Injured all the time and a bag of mixed, not too impressive results, condering he was a 1st rounder.
Richardson? Again, injured alot, and a bag of mixed results. 1st rounder.
CLE sure could of used a sure fire player there.
Hows Ryan Mathews doin in SD? (fart noise)
How bout Alfred Morris in WASH? Huh. 6th round pick a billion yards, and up for OROY
How bout that guy in HOU? Arian foster? 6th round pick, up for MVP..again.
Terrell Davis 6th round
Frank Gore 3rd round
Michael Turner 5th round
Ray rice 2nd round
Matt Forte 2nd round

Just sayin dude.
Just to clear things up, I am not trying to argue, I just like good debate. So no hard feelings or anything.

But you are absolutely right... I guess I didn't really think about it like that. Don't get me wrong, if we were picking in the top 3 like Cleveland, I would not be saying draft a RB. That is just silly to me.
We obviously have had our own 1st rd bust with Moreno, even though he showed some signs of potential this year, but then again has injury problems.
It's a tough conversation to have because having a great RB can be HUGE in terms of success, especially in the postseason.
I mean you have some 1st rd RB in the league that are doing well also.

But you're right, we can get a guy later if we need. As I said in the other thread, I just want to take BPA at #28, unless it's a QB, or LT.
I guess you have me on the Stepfan Taylor bandwagon now!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #27
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStixx View Post
Just to clear things up, I am not trying to argue, I just like good debate. So no hard feelings or anything.

But you are absolutely right... I guess I didn't really think about it like that. Don't get me wrong, if we were picking in the top 3 like Cleveland, I would not be saying draft a RB. That is just silly to me.
We obviously have had our own 1st rd bust with Moreno, even though he showed some signs of potential this year, but then again has injury problems.
It's a tough conversation to have because having a great RB can be HUGE in terms of success, especially in the postseason.
I mean you have some 1st rd RB in the league that are doing well also.

But you're right, we can get a guy later if we need. As I said in the other thread, I just want to take BPA at #28, unless it's a QB, or LT.
I guess you have me on the Stepfan Taylor bandwagon now!
I know your not arguing, never said you were.
Your debating and discussing your opinion on the matter.
I like Lacy. Always have. Hes a monster of a runner.
He actually reminds me of Marshawn Lynch, but a bit bigger to me.
I just think that there are other options away from the 1st round that are just as good. RBs get so much mileage so fast, and they get beat up.
Thats why i say keep Hester too. For short yardage.
the 1st rounder needs to be a slam dunk for DEN. Like Von.
Its absolutely crucial DEN gets a starter with that pick that can make an immediate impact.
To me, its crucial that pick is on defense. Either a CB or a MLB.
Then go after a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #28
NickStixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
I know your not arguing, never said you were.
Your debating and discussing your opinion on the matter.
I like Lacy. Always have. Hes a monster of a runner.
He actually reminds me of Marshawn Lynch, but a bit bigger to me.
I just think that there are other options away from the 1st round that are just as good. RBs get so much mileage so fast, and they get beat up.
Thats why i say keep Hester too. For short yardage.
the 1st rounder needs to be a slam dunk for DEN. Like Von.
Its absolutely crucial DEN gets a starter with that pick that can make an immediate impact.
To me, its crucial that pick is on defense. Either a CB or a MLB.
Then go after a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.
I concur sir, for me I would like MLB or DT in the 1st rd. But as I have stated, I haven't really began my studying of entering prospects. I have heard this could be a deep CB draft. I know it's a very deep O-line draft, but a lot will be going early. So I still have my due diligence to do in that area.
So for me BPA between MLB, DT, and CB in the 1st rd would be good. Anything outside of that would be questionable unless a RB just totally jumps off the page and impresses Elway and Fox.
It is evident to me that you have done that studying and know the incoming prospects better, so once I know that better I'll be able to offer my two cents a little better.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: