The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Fantasy Football Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #26
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I hate Trent Richardson YPC but he does get a lot of touches.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #27
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I hate Trent Richardson YPC but he does get a lot of touches.
He should get more touches this year Throw in more yards and more TD's. Last year he was a rookie.

The other rookie Doug martin had the same amount of TD's, 52 more attempts on the ground, 514 more yards.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #28
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

As we get through training camp we can talk about what really matters. Those 2nd-4th round picks that make or break your team. So many good players that in 10-12 team leagues everyone gets a stud or 2, or 3. It will be the guys who land good players later that kill it. I am all over Cecil Shorts this yr maven. What round would wait to take him in if at all?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
As we get through training camp we can talk about what really matters. Those 2nd-4th round picks that make or break your team. So many good players that in 10-12 team leagues everyone gets a stud or 2, or 3. It will be the guys who land good players later that kill it. I am all over Cecil Shorts this yr maven. What round would wait to take him in if at all?
Definitely taking him if I can. This is the year he should really explode on the national scene. Round i'm not sure yet because we need to see who the QB is.

Blackmon is out the the first 4 games of the season. Shorts will see the majority of the targets.

Big concern. The QB. Are we seeing Gabbart back there again or are we seeing Shorts/Blackmon explode when Henne was given the start.

I would wait and follow.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:26 AM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Definitely taking him if I can. This is the year he should really explode on the national scene. Round i'm not sure yet because we need to see who the QB is.

Blackmon is out the the first 4 games of the season. Shorts will see the majority of the targets.

Big concern. The QB. Are we seeing Gabbart back there again or are we seeing Shorts/Blackmon explode when Henne was given the start.

I would wait and follow.
My biggest concern about Shorts is he becomes so known as a sleeper, that someone forgots what sleeper means and drafts him in the 5th or 6th round. IMO you can grab someone like Eric Decker there, or maybe even Colston or Steve Smith. I know those guys are older (except Decker) but I always say a vet on a team with a decent to good QB always better then a sleeper with a crappy QB. So know I think my new sleeper may be Blackmon. Stash him and hope he comes on end the yr, but draft him in the 10th round ya know? Where sleepers are supposed to be taken.

I did a lot of mock drafts on FFC and if those trends continue people are jumping on RBs the WR are really deep. But the thing is if this trend of also waiting on qbs keeps up at what point do you think it gets smart to just say screw it and grab a top 5 qb? I was thinking no earlier then the top of the 6th round.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:27 AM   #31
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I agree I am hoping Henne gets that job maven. He can at least get on against the medicore pass defenses IMO.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 AM   #32
extralife
Ring of Famer

drafting people to stash almost never works out. you'll usually cut them before they have any use, and even if you don't you basically just wasted a roster spot for a half a year in order to bump up your waver priority on one guy who may or may not ever be a commodity.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:18 AM   #33
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I dont think 4 games for a non injury type thing that much of a risk extra. Blackmon still has value IMO as a late round upside type WR.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #34
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
drafting people to stash almost never works out. you'll usually cut them before they have any use, and even if you don't you basically just wasted a roster spot for a half a year in order to bump up your waver priority on one guy who may or may not ever be a commodity.
You can stash/gamble on players if you do your hw and draft well. The core carries you through the season. It's a bonus if you can grab players before others, can store players on the bench. To weaken your competition if you have bench players who can start for others. They can become trade assets or hurt your opponents because your bench is quality.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #35
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
I dont think 4 games for a non injury type thing that much of a risk extra. Blackmon still has value IMO as a late round upside type WR.
Agree. If you can get him l8, he can pay later.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #36
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
My biggest concern about Shorts is he becomes so known as a sleeper, that someone forgots what sleeper means and drafts him in the 5th or 6th round. IMO you can grab someone like Eric Decker there, or maybe even Colston or Steve Smith. I know those guys are older (except Decker) but I always say a vet on a team with a decent to good QB always better then a sleeper with a crappy QB. So know I think my new sleeper may be Blackmon. Stash him and hope he comes on end the yr, but draft him in the 10th round ya know? Where sleepers are supposed to be taken.

I did a lot of mock drafts on FFC and if those trends continue people are jumping on RBs the WR are really deep. But the thing is if this trend of also waiting on qbs keeps up at what point do you think it gets smart to just say screw it and grab a top 5 qb? I was thinking no earlier then the top of the 6th round.
Quote:
I agree I am hoping Henne gets that job maven. He can at least get on against the medicore pass defenses IMO.
I think Gabbart is getting the call again to start. They really want him to work, otherwise he's another 1st round bust. We shall see. Value down Jax receivers and pick them up late.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: