The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #251
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Yes I'm not lacking about bumping his cap number to what dumb ass was making just more than he is now.

Kind of tells player that exceed their contracts they will be taken care of.

He has a real shot at a pro bowl, because he busted his ass to improve and take the job away from dumb ass.

Again not asking about 7.7 mil like the moron would have made. Considering lots on here want to make Clady a top five cap guy when his play has been average well, unlike them I beleive in rewarding those that earn it.
I still wouldn't give raises to players that played excellent immediately after signing an extension. I would wait until he is near the end of his deal, like all smart GM's do. Woodyard may or may not have some performance escalators in his deal, either way he signed a contract extension and Elway isn't going to give him any more of a raise than he signed on for.

That and I would resign or franchise Clady, no need to make another hole on the offensive line.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #252
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
I thought you were in BALT?
Did you recently move to JAX?
Weird.
Philly not Balt and that was a good 3-4 years ago. San Diego before that.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #253
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Take a really good look at this roster. Peyton, Doom, DJ, Bailey and Kuper are the only guys with big contracts. And Kupe's isn't truly that big. Add in more than likely DJ's contract is more than likely coming off the books. Next season is the last of the guaranteed money Doom has coming, so a restructured deal is likely in the near future. PM has been a team guy willing to rework his.deal if necessary. Now the guys you are worried about DT,Decker, Clady, Von, and maybe Harris and Carter will all have new deals coming up soon.

Decker is good but he isn't 10 million a season good
DT will get paid as will Clady and Von

What you are seemingly not seeing is this isn't the Shanahan regime of unloading Brinks trucks at FREE AGENT doorsteps. Instead of that approach that money goes to keeping the team's own while having players on smaller rookie contracts and filling holes with short term deals on modestly prices free agents.

The money situation is ok and wr can keep our guys.
When you have almost 50% of your budget (not cap but Pat limits) tied up in 4 guys. Manning, Champ, Doom, Kuper, you have to wonder what is left for the other 49 guys that are active plus all of the reserve you need for IR players.

Top that off with the folowing players that are under contract at aleast 600k average wolf, decker, DT, Beadles, Walton, Moore, Franklin! Brock. And I'm sure many other players with more money than the 600k.

Last edited by lonestar; 12-10-2012 at 05:11 PM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #254
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
When you have almost 50% of your budget (not cap but Pat limits) tied up in 4 guys. Manning, Champ, Doom, Kuper, you have to wonder what is left for the other 49 guys that are active plus all of the reserve you need for IR players.

Top that off with the folowing players that are under contract at aleast 600k average wolf, decker, DT, Beadles, Walton, Moore, Franklin! Brock. And I'm sure many other players with more money than the 600k.
That is how every good roster is built. You have your top guys getting a third to half of the cap and the rest of the team on small deals.

You're acting like these guys are getting paid tomorrow and wr are ****ed. DT, Decker and Von have a season or 2 before contracts are an issue. In that time players with big cap numbers will have possibly moved on, restructured or received new contracts. The last of the 42 million Doom is guaranteed is paid out next season. Once that happens the team will come to him about reworking that deal and lowering the cap number. In 2 years Champ's deal is up, if he keeps playing it won't be at the 10+ million year he gets now.

Also not all our young guys will get or be deserving of big money deals.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #255
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
That is how every good roster is built. You have your top guys getting a third to half of the cap and the rest of the team on small deals.

You're acting like these guys are getting paid tomorrow and wr are ****ed. DT, Decker and Von have a season or 2 before contracts are an issue. In that time players with big cap numbers will have possibly moved on, restructured or received new contracts. The last of the 42 million Doom is guaranteed is paid out next season. Once that happens the team will come to him about reworking that deal and lowering the cap number. In 2 years Champ's deal is up, if he keeps playing it won't be at the 10+ million year he gets now.

Also not all our young guys will get or be deserving of big money deals.
Never said they would get huge deals but I said they are getting money right now.

I do not believe that most teams are paying their top 4-5 players near 50% of their budget. Maybe a team here or there but not all "good rosters" are built that way.

Most of the really good teams have built their team via the draft and not with UFAs. That said manning should be the exception to the rule.

I failed to mention DJ is scheduled to make $7,700,000.00 next year so I'm pretty sure he will not be back to make that 5 players getting 50+% of the budget. Considering all of his dumb moves lately.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #256
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
I like the broncos as much as anyone in the world but tell me honestly when youre watching these past 5 or so games youre not sitting there thinking where the **** is dumerville? He has the 6 ff going for him ehich is nice to see but he should be a 14 sck guy a season easy. Hes not getting it done this year sadly
It's really been since his shoulder injury that's he's been limited in using power moves with great leg drive. He's still pushing the pocket and doing his job but no, he hasn't been making those typical plays we expect from Doom.

At this stage we really should start seeing Ayers brought in more on first/run downs so spell Doom and save him for 2nd/3rd downs.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #257
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Philly not Balt and that was a good 3-4 years ago. San Diego before that.
Wow. My bad.
Enjoy JAX. Great town.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:31 AM   #258
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Wow. My bad.
Enjoy JAX. Great town.
Yeah, its been nice to get away from Philly snow and get this kinda weather, but not be so far south that it's crazy humid/hot.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote