The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #26
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Can't believe you guys aren't fans of Hopkins. I think he is an incredible scheme fit and a talented player..

Who do you like Req?
Can he win 1-on-1 matchups in the NFL? Probably not.

Could probably draft him in the 5th round to replace Fua, if you like him that much. I don't really care what happens in 5-7. They will find some productive college guy (at any position) that will have a hard time making this team.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #27
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Hopkins made some plays this past year. I am a fan of him in the mid-rounds. Unfortunately, he could end up like Carlton Powell did.

Guys I really like @ DT:

RaShede Hageman, DT -- Minnesota
Kelcy Quarles, DT -- South Carolina (Gets help with double teams on Clowney, I assume he bolts for the NFL.)
Daniel McCullers, DT -- Tennesee

Definitely see Hageman McCullers who are guys who can help spell Vickerson and eventually replace him. Not sure how he will recover from that injury he had and I know we don't have him long-term. Would be ideal to get another guy to go with Knighton, who deserves an extension and Williams. I have late first, early second predictions on the first two guys. I think McCullers will be a third or fourth rounder.

Shout out to Rev's Daquan Jones from Penn State too -- someone to consider as well.

Last edited by Requiem; 12-18-2013 at 01:19 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #28
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Your good bro, we were just quoting Billy Madison!
truth
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #29
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I think we need OL and WR early too. Would be great if we could pick up a guy like Eugen Monroe on the cheap and skip the need. Just can't be too sure with Manning's age going up and fragility becoming more of a concern.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #30
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Req......thoughts on Noles.

Love Telvin Smith, but he is a WLB and we already have two of them. Christian Jones is okay, not great, not bad. I wouldn't be opposed to picking him, but not in the first.

Jernigan is the biggest thug in college football, far dirtier than Suh, but he is an excellent DT. Wouldnt be shocked if he were recruited by Al Qaeda one day. Not sure if Joyner has the size for the league. Big fan of Rashad Greene if he comes out, if Decker can't be resigned.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #31
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

I had Jones to us in the second, he will probably go there or early third unless he has an awesome combine, but that would be expected. I like Jernigan a lot. Joyner will be just fine with size. I don't think it will matter for him. Greene would be a nice target as well. Stork (C) would be a great pick too.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #32
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I am excited that ASU finally has some draftable players this year
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #33
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
I am excited that ASU finally has some draftable players this year
They've got a few I think. Mostly on defense. But I've got 10 prospects on my list from that team to evaluate.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #34
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I can't imagine Decker will leave. Somewhere down deep he has to understand that he is not the same receiver if Dalton or Tannehill (etc) are throwing him the ball. It's a two way street. Any receiver who would walk away from Peyton is an idiot.

I'm putting pass rush (again) and DB at the top of the list this year. Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford would be a good first pick. He's a very disruptive, high effort player. Some are now questioning his "explosiveness." He led the nation in sacks. I prefer the record on the field than the one in the gym. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Broncos trade Von. His long term reliability is suspect and the Broncos have proved they can do fine without him. Another Pac12 player to look at is Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford. He's another high effort player who could really help out stuffing the run. Gilbert would also be a solid addition at CB. He's made his name making big plays. Always a good deal to improve the INT numbers.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #35
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

love love Skov.

A true stud MLB is #1 on my list this year (in my heart not round)
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #36
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Did Skov come back after his injury (knee) well? Hasn't he had a few knee issues?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: