The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2018, 08:46 AM   #51
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfback View Post
I wanted nothing to do with cousins......but since you seem to have all the answers go ahead and answer me this.....if you donít want to pay a franchise QB and you donít want to draft a young QB As a potential franchise qb then how the hell do you exactly plan to acquire one?? You know they donít go on sale in the clearance isle of Walmart right? Every single franchise qb was at one point an unproven rookie, dumbass.
He wants to try to replicate 2015 endlessly. Pretty funny huh?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:50 AM   #52
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
Which franchise QB was that? The one that could not stay healthy in tennis, or the one that did not even make All Conference in the Mountain West and could not complete 60% of his passes in that conference?

If Rosen has more injury problems than Bradford, and he could not stay healthy in tennis, then explain how he is going to endure 16 game NFL seasons for 10 years.

Broncos fans remain ignorant as hell. You all thought they were actually going to sign Cousins and some of us said there was no chance the Broncos would OR SHOULD pay a QB like that, that much money.

The Packers cannot overcome Rodgers large salary, and we thought Cousins would be able to do it. The Vikings have about one maybe two seasons that they can get it done. Then they will be prisoners of that pathetic contract.

You all then thought the Broncos were going to draft one of these unproven projects at QB and think passing on a possible Demarcus Ware type for one of those QBs?

Almost seems like the Broncos fans would rather have a 2013 season than a 2015 season. I swear there are Broncos fans that would rather have great passing numbers than a championship.
You keep bringing up an old tennis injury like itís relevant. John Elway ripped his biceps in 98. if he was a baseball pitcher, heís screwed. But he could still throw a football
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:53 AM   #53
halfback
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
He wants to try to replicate 2015 endlessly. Pretty funny huh?
Hilarious
halfback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:25 AM   #54
Broncoblood32
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfback View Post
I wanted nothing to do with cousins......but since you seem to have all the answers go ahead and answer me this.....if you donít want to pay a franchise QB and you donít want to draft a young QB As a potential franchise qb then how the hell do you exactly plan to acquire one?? You know they donít go on sale in the clearance isle of Walmart right? Every single franchise qb was at one point an unproven rookie, dumbass.
And not one of the top 10 HIGHEST PAID QBs have won it AFTER getting paid.

The QBs this year (all of them) are CLEAR PROJECTS. I know this is pretty hard to grasp for the ignorant football fan who truly believe fantasy football or Madden Football is how championships are won. No, that is not how they are won.

Yeah, the 2015 defense simply cannot be replicated, so lets make sure the team does not try to improve the pass rush, which was the true major discrepancy between the 2015 team and the 2017 team.

Somehow I think those types of ignorant football fans would rather have a QB that puts up Drew Brees numbers.

I think it is very telling that Broncos fans would actually want a Josh Allen or Rosen over Chubb.

Morons
Broncoblood32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:39 AM   #55
Broncoblood32
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
You keep bringing up an old tennis injury like itís relevant. John Elway ripped his biceps in 98. if he was a baseball pitcher, heís screwed. But he could still throw a football
Wasnt JUST a tennis injury. He had several injuries and that was why he was passed up for those other QBs and players.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:41 AM   #56
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And not one of the top 10 HIGHEST PAID QBs have won it AFTER getting paid.
Brady should be one of the highest paid QBs. Heís getting paid under the table or something. AFC QBs donít go to the Super Bowl unless they are named Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:59 AM   #57
Broncoblood32
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Brady should be one of the highest paid QBs. Heís getting paid under the table or something. AFC QBs donít go to the Super Bowl unless they are named Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger.
Yeah, if we could get that kind of production for that price...great.

However, it is a bit of a fallacy in regards to names of the QBs. Look at the defensive production for THE YEAR for those teams that ACTUALLY WON IT.

Brady went 10 seaons (2004 to 2014) without winning it. Just so happens in 2014 they had their highest ranked defense in years when they WON IT. Brady had restructured his contract, freed up money and they were able to land some FAs that year. In 2016, the Pats defense was number one in the NFL in PPG.

Rodgers has not been to a SB since 2010, and that year their defense was great. They gave up 15PPG that year, and after paying Rodgers, they have not been able to duplicate the championship. Yet, Rodgers has been very productive.

Flacco wins it, gets paid big and they have not been back to the playoffs since.

Look at the 2013 Broncos and 2015 Broncos. 2013 the greatest offense ever. They had the 19th ranked defense. They get smoked by the number one defense.

2015 Broncos had one of the worst offenses ever and a great defense. They win it.

While the Broncos 2015 defense had an unusual run, it does not mean it cannot be at least close.

Getting Chubb was a no brainer and it is not even debatable, except to the boards Elway hater. Cannot say Elway is above criticism. I do it all of the time. However, what's his face is a vit psychotic about it.

Last edited by Broncoblood32; 04-28-2018 at 11:52 AM..
Old 04-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #58
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Different conversation is Chubb WASNíT there and we trade down instead of taking ROSEN...
LeftCoastBronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:14 AM   #59
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Dude, Elway was such a Stud that he could almost throw the ball harder after he did that.
LeftCoastBronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #60
v2micca
This is the Water

and this is the well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastBronco View Post
Dude, Elway was such a Stud that he could almost throw the ball harder after he did that.
Well, Elway's power never really came from his arms. I remember reading articles back in the 80's (before the mainstream public really seemed to have a clear understanding of where throwing power came from) were reporters were mystified to disapointed that this kid out of Stanford could throw a football through a brick wall, but had these underwhelming arms. They should have been looking a little lower, and they would have noticed his core was built like a redwood tree trunk. That was were his power came from.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:59 AM   #61
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I think the Paxton Lynch episode taught Elway not to reach for a quarterback you're not actually in love with.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:05 AM   #62
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think the Paxton Lynch episode taught Elway not to reach for a quarterback you're not actually in love with.
Elway was in love with Lynch.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:09 AM   #63
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Remember way back in 2015 when the Broncos won it with a crappy QB? I do
Yep, and I also remember 3 backup QB's in the Conference Championship games last year.....and 1 winning it all. Not the franchise QB.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:12 AM   #64
v2micca
This is the Water

and this is the well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Elway was in love with Lynch.
Point still stands. I was terrified we were going to end up with Josh Allen. But the Broncos have been taking arguably BPA at every level in this draft. That is a huge improvement over need reaction picks we saw in the last two years.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:16 AM   #65
razorwire77
Great week of practice!!!

Leader of Men

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm excited to see what Chad Kelly does in preseason throwing to Hamilton and Sutton . Lynch will likely **** himself against vanilla defenses again opening up an opportunity for Swag to show what he's got.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:27 AM   #66
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Not sure about anyone else, but I'm excited to see what Chad Kelly does in preseason throwing to Hamilton and Sutton . Lynch will likely **** himself against vanilla defenses again opening up an opportunity for Swag to show what he's got.
Might as well get excited about Kelly. Itís between him or Keenum as our only real hopes at the position.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:59 PM   #67
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

They're not going to give a coach that is a couple losses in a row away from being fired a rookie QB. If Joseph turns it around, then next year. If he doesn't, they'll give the incoming coach someone to groom and buy the fanbase time with.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:13 PM   #68
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer

In hoc signo vinces

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Or, maybe, Brady is a smart business man that realizes that by taking lower pay, allowing his team to out together better rosters, has created a legacy that will keep endorsement money flowing in long after he has retired, and pay far more money in the long run.
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:14 PM   #69
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoandrew View Post
Or, maybe, Brady is a smart business man that realizes that by taking lower pay, allowing his team to out together better rosters, has created a legacy that will keep endorSeimiant money flowing in long after he has retired, and pay far more money in the long run.
He also has a wife worth hundreds of millions. That probably helps.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:55 PM   #70
halfback
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Elway must have some belief in lynch still and has to at least be curious in Chad kelly......no doubt in my mind kelly out plays lynch this pre season and ends up backing up case.....Iím a kelly supporter and think he has all the tools to be a good qb if he can control his temper and off field antics
halfback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:53 AM   #71
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
Discuss
Nope, No QG until the 6th
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #72
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

There was one "franchise" QB in this draft: Darnold. Once he was gone, fuggedabout it. Elway made the right call. Especially after Cleveland, once again, screwed the pooch.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #73
Broncoblood32
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

There are Broncos fans who actually thought the Broncos were going to either.....

Sign Kirk Cousins....

Or

Draft a QB with the 5th pick.....

!!!
Old 04-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #74
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer

In hoc signo vinces

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
There was one "franchise" QB in this draft: Darnold. Once he was gone, fuggedabout it. Elway made the right call. Especially after Cleveland, once again, screwed the pooch.
It's comforting to know, that regardless of how much the world changes, some things just stay the same.
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:52 PM   #75
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

I'm excited to see what Kelly can do. He has a lot of tools and from the sounds of it he's been really diligent about getting his head into the offense. Not surprising really, lost in all the drama this guy generated - his coaches always said how hard he studied the gameplan/opponents etc.

He's got a chance to outshine Lynch and I doubt that's going to take much.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote