The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #1
Bronco Yoda

Default Kidnapped for Christ

Just watched this on Showtime. It's a film that everyone should see. It's currently being shown on Showtime and movie festivals around the country.

The documentary features a straight A student from Greeley Colorado who was sent to a Christian behavioral modification camp (school) for being gay. Other kids were sent there for other 'sinful' reasons. He was even held against his will after the age of 18 and the U.S consulate would not even help. The School has since been closed however the teen modification school industry is a multi billion dollar industry that is not federally regulated.

http://www.kidnappedforchrist.com/

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 07-20-2014 at 01:59 AM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

This is the sort of thing that makes religion awesome. And yes I'm being really really sarcastic.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

These people deserve every bad thing that happens to them.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #4
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Surprised Chris Kenney hasn't been casing those places looking for 18 year old "confused" boys.

I am not sure how it is set up but I bet many of those boys end up with the other kids there. This is how SF became the gay capital of the world as those GIs dismissed from WW2 service was processed in SF.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's unfortunate that some churches are a little crazy. Tobe honest though I play my sax at like 4 churches off and on and have never heard anyone talk about sending kids to gay modification.

Im in calif though we are liberal here.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:53 AM   #6
Bronco Yoda

It's pointing spotlight on a troubling trend going on where parents are sending their kids off to these freaky fanatical camps (schools) as a long term boot camp. The Schools are often, but not always in 3rd world countries where they can get away with what they're doing. And it's happening to more kids than you might think. Rather shocking really.

This one in particular camp was a religious 'behavior' modification school not just one of those schools that specialize in sexual orientation. It had been in operation for over 30 years. The kid that was featured just so happened to be gay. Not that that matters. Those (pray the gay away) schools are even worse on the poor kids. They only identified two kids in the camp that were gay. The rest were 'naughty' kids. You know... "Jimmy masturbates and will go to hell for it". Cindy got caught stealing a snickers bar at Target and is heading for damnation. Johny got into a fight and is no longer worthy of Heaven. That sort of thing.

The cost to send your kid to this particular camp was around $75,000 a year in 2006. You have these parents that are sending these kids off to these places for years at a time not even realizing what really goes on. In the case of the Colorado boy, the parents lied to his friends, teachers, neighbors, etc. until someone found out and the community got together and flew down there to try and free him. He was 18 years old at the time and the U.S. Consulate wouldn't even help.

The real point is that there are countless numbers of such (schools) around the globe right now that American teens are sent off to (of all religious faiths). And often times they hold young adults against their will even AFTER the age of 18 as the case of the Colorado boy. These kids come back needing psychological help from being seriously abused. Some come home in wooden boxes. And surprisingly the government is doing little about this.

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 07-20-2014 at 02:26 AM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:14 AM   #7
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Surprised Chris Kenney hasn't been casing those places looking for 18 year old "confused" boys.

I am not sure how it is set up but I bet many of those boys end up with the other kids there. This is how SF became the gay capital of the world as those GIs dismissed from WW2 service was processed in SF.
Did you really post this as a fact?
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:55 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

A lot of bad stuff happens when you believe in superstition over science.

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote