The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Fantasy Football Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default Who are your top 12 fantasy players ppr league

Ok this is how Fantasy Football Calculator does there top 12 as of now. What do you guys think?

Adrian Peterson
Arian Foster
Doug Martin
Calvin Johnson
Marshawn Lynch
Jammal Charles
Trent Richardson
Ray Rice
Cj Spiller
Leasean McCoy
Aj Green
Alfred Morris
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I think that this is pretty lame if you know fantasy football. The draft just ended and camps has not even started... Waaaaaaaay to damn early to predict anything, Unless there are going to be zero roster moves, cuts or injuries.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's never too early in my league to start thinking fantasy football. I agree though things will change. Right now we have trade offers flying all over so I at least sort of have to think about it. True trading early can be risky but that is how people try and get good deals etc etc. But my league is 17 yrs old now with 10 original owners still so it's not really lame. Unless you consider having to field trade offers this early lame. We have a good time with it. No different then people on the board talking how Broncos will use a 3rd round pick and what they will do next yr in the draft. It's all just talking football.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Ok this is how Fantasy Football Calculator does there top 12 as of now. What do you guys think?

Adrian Peterson
Arian Foster
Doug Martin
Calvin Johnson
Marshawn Lynch
Jammal Charles
Trent Richardson
Ray Rice
Cj Spiller
Leasean McCoy
Aj Green
Alfred Morris

Haven't check my data so off on a whim with this response.

Just going quickly by this list. I think Foster is a fall this year. Aj Green will go higher because he's a heck of a talent/target. Trent, Jammal, Spiller & McCoy could be real wild cards(as in going way up or way down). Rice is getting up there as a stay away. Morris was a great pickup last year because he fell to late rounds or free agent, but is he a great back? Lynch will split more carries as he ages though we didn't see it last year. Martin will be targeted high. Megatron will go high.

I have my rules and know what I'm typically picking.

It's going to be another fun year to take peoples money.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post

Just going quickly by this list. I think Foster is a fall this year. Aj Green will go higher because he's a heck of a talent/target. Trent, Jammal, Spiller & McCoy could be real wild cards(as in going way up or way down). Rice is getting up there as a stay away. Morris was a great pickup last year because he fell to late rounds or free agent, but is he a great back? Lynch will split more carries as he ages though we didn't see it last year. Martin will be targeted high. Megatron will go high.

If I don't get the #1 pick I'm just gonna autodraft.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
If I don't get the #1 pick I'm just gonna autodraft.
ok? And btw, the #1 pick isn't the best pick.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:53 AM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post

Everyone talking about how this is really the yr everyone waits until late to start taking QBs. I was sort of wondering if that meant and when players like Ryan, Manning, Newton would start to get picked. I usually wait until 7th round to take a QB but if everyone is waiting maybe i will go early this yr and try and grab a top 5 qb.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:12 AM   #8
extralife
Ring of Famer

Trent Richardson doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the top 12.

anyway, this depends on QB scoring. 6 points per TD puts Aaron Rodgers in the top 12 at least, maybe Peyton and Drew Brees as well.

Top 12 with no QBs, without putting much thought into it:

AP
Doug Martin
Foster
Rice
Megatron
Charles
Morris
Lynch
Spiller
Julio Jones
Green
McCoy

If I don't get number 1 I don't want to be picking until the end. Foster scares me, Martin and Morris have one year behind them, Charles has Andy Reid as his coach, I'll never completely trust Lynch, Spiller is an injury risk who is probably only getting fifteen touches a game. Receiver talent clumps up behind Megatron, with Jones, Green, Marshall, Dez Bryant, and even Andre Johnson all with very viable claims to be number 2. Shady McCoy could be a huge boom or bust guy in Chip Kelley's offense. He's a great fit for it if it works. I would consider Ray Rice at number 2 overall, just because you know what you're getting. I'm taking Randall Cobb way high unless preseason hype gives him an unreasonable push.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:36 AM   #9
NorCalBronco7

Whoever said its way to early to talk FF can GTFO. Never too early.

cuttthemdown here my top 12 ppr guys so far

AP (whoever doesnt take him 1st in both formats is a hopeless moron)
Foster
Martin
Rice
Richardson
JC
Lynch
Spiller
Megatron
McCoy
Forte
Morris

The strategy most perpetuated so far is take RB early and wait on QB/WR. Although I agree with this almost completely, 2nd and 3rd round RBs are downright scary for such a premium price. Murray, Bush, Ridley, McFragile, CJ1K, David Wilson, etc......I dont have a lot of confidence if any in these guys. I dont mind waiting til round late 3-4 and gambling on a Lamar Miller or Ryan Matthews with my 2nd RB later, if guys like Sproles/SJ are gone (any guys I like). Rookie RBs, Ball and Bell, have been going as high as the 3rd round. Thats insane to me, and I cant imagine drafting either of them that high, but it does show how much people are willing to spend on a potential staring RB and how shallow the field is looking this season.

In PPR almost every team has a baller WR core, and with WR being especially deep looking, I dont mind grabbing a QB as early as the 3rd for the top 2 imo........ Brees and Rodgers. I will most likely be waiting however.

Last edited by NorCalBronco7; 05-27-2013 at 04:40 AM..
Old 05-27-2013, 05:24 AM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Yeah this would be 4 pts per pass td. Almost all leagues to that format now.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
Whoever said its way to early to talk FF can GTFO. Never too early.

cuttthemdown here my top 12 ppr guys so far

AP (whoever doesnt take him 1st in both formats is a hopeless moron)
Foster
Martin
Rice
Richardson
JC
Lynch
Spiller
Megatron
McCoy
Forte
Morris

The strategy most perpetuated so far is take RB early and wait on QB/WR. Although I agree with this almost completely, 2nd and 3rd round RBs are downright scary for such a premium price. Murray, Bush, Ridley, McFragile, CJ1K, David Wilson, etc......I dont have a lot of confidence if any in these guys. I dont mind waiting til round late 3-4 and gambling on a Lamar Miller or Ryan Matthews with my 2nd RB later, if guys like Sproles/SJ are gone (any guys I like). Rookie RBs, Ball and Bell, have been going as high as the 3rd round. Thats insane to me, and I cant imagine drafting either of them that high, but it does show how much people are willing to spend on a potential staring RB and how shallow the field is looking this season.

In PPR almost every team has a baller WR core, and with WR being especially deep looking, I dont mind grabbing a QB as early as the 3rd for the top 2 imo........ Brees and Rodgers. I will most likely be waiting however.

Awesome! i agree never to early to start talking any kind of football. Glad to see some people would rather talk football then only GAME OF THRONES.

The only qbs i would take early would be: Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady. I like Ryan a lot also obviously like everyone does so maybe him also. Newton, Stafford, RG3, Kap etc just seem like all bunched up and not worth going for until say 7th round.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:33 AM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also I think Chris Johnson way undervalued this yr. I am going to try and grab him if he slips to me 3rd round. The Titans already had a couple of pretty good OT. They went out and grabbed Levitre and drafted Warmack to play guard. The center position not super good but they did draft a rookie there for competition.

So he had a down yr but if you owned him as I did lol, you saw that about half or more of his carries had penetration inside. Sometimes 2 defenders would get in. So if you assume the oline better, the qb a yr older and could be a tad better all add up IMO to a better yr then he had last yr when he was running back 12-15 depending on format. IMO he is a lock for top 10 this yr. I would put his floor ceiling at 10-5
Old 05-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Hard for me to not put Charles in the top 12 Norcal. I don't like Chief players lol but that kid is special IMO. What he did last yr after ACL would have been huge news if not for what AD Peterson did. Charles IMO has a floor of about 10 with a high IMO of 3.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
NorCalBronco7

CJ is a bit undervalued and he would be a steal in the 3rd imo, but Ive yet to see him in any draft fall that far. I do question his work ethic and I dont think well ever see that drive he had when he was trying to get paid, but his situation has improved on the online. Locker may be a bust, or may excel, but either way the QB play for the Titans is uncertain and with that comes some risk.

cutthemdown I did put Charles/JC on my top 12 at #6.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
CJ is a bit undervalued and he would be a steal in the 3rd imo, but Ive yet to see him in any draft fall that far. I do question his work ethic and I dont think well ever see that drive he had when he was trying to get paid, but his situation has improved on the online. Locker may be a bust, or may excel, but either way the QB play for the Titans is uncertain and with that comes some risk.

cutthemdown I did put Charles/JC on my top 12 at #6.
Oh crap I missed his initials. Yeah thats about where i would put him also. He could go higher but because Cheifs not that good on offense it hurts his value some. I agree i bet CJ2k does go earlier then the top of round 3 but a lot of the ADP and sites right now have him listed really low.

One guy i really respect is Matt Waldman from footballguys and he has him like 44 overall. I think Shon Green really making people think it will be a time share but IMO Johnson is sooooo much more talented then Green I can't see him stealing but maybe some goal line carries here and there.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #16
extralife
Ring of Famer

I don't know why anyone would value Trent Richardson as much as you guys are. Yeah, he's going to get carries. He also plays for the Browns. He got carries last year, and used them to do nothing. How is he clearly ahead of CJ1k, Forte, MJD, and McFadden? Or even guys like Bell, Lacy, and maybe even Ball? Even Darren Sproles in a PPR is on that tier. I could see Chris Ivory putting up some good numbers this year too. He's got legit skill and they're going to run the ball a lot.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Extra my list was just the ADP of players at this point from FFcalculator. Not sure i would put him in my top 12 just yet but he is one of the few Rbs who will get 300 plus carries.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #18
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I don't know why anyone would value Trent Richardson as much as you guys are. Yeah, he's going to get carries. He also plays for the Browns. He got carries last year, and used them to do nothing. How is he clearly ahead of CJ1k, Forte, MJD, and McFadden? Or even guys like Bell, Lacy, and maybe even Ball? Even Darren Sproles in a PPR is on that tier. I could see Chris Ivory putting up some good numbers this year too. He's got legit skill and they're going to run the ball a lot.
Chris Ivory a great target especially if you are in position to grab say a Calvin Johnson in the first round and really need to find a starter in round 3-4 at the RB spot because of it. Bad news is fantasy in my league tough everyone knows everything you do usually.

Another player who might be a sneaky pick is David Wilson in NY. They got rid of Bradshaw and he will be the man. Coughlin likes to run the ball he could get close to 300 carries.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #19
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

How is MJD not on any of these lists? I'd rank him over Forte, Richardson and Spiller at the RB positionand ahead of Green overall.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
How is MJD not on any of these lists? I'd rank him over Forte, Richardson and Spiller at the RB positionand ahead of Green overall.
He is one of those players the fantasy community seems to be feeling is in decline and the most likely to fall off the list? I agree he goes higher then what his ADP is right now. Some people have Rice falling which I think is ridiculous. He's a little older but still getting it done when healthy.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:54 AM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Off topic from top 12 but Welker is a guy being way undervalued in ADP drafts and top 100 lists i have seen. Its like they think Broncos won't get him the ball more then 50-60 times. I think what we are going to see is Tamme on the bench backing up Welker in the slot and Stokley obviously nowhere on the field at all. That leaves about 70-80 balls for Welker IMO and he may churn out 1000 yrds on that and some tds close to double digits.

I'm not even sure his arrival impacts Black and Decker at all either. Welker doesn't vulture too many looks outside the hash marks or downfield. I think DT is top 5 WR, Decker and Welker both top 15. It's going to be a record breaking year for the Denver offense. Can't you all just feel it? Better oline with Gibbs teaching them some zone blocking. 2 young rbs now one who is still youngest player in the NFL in his 2nd yr. Then to top it off 3 really good WR all who compliment each other. Seriously could they be any more different? DT is a freak of size and speed who can dominate you physically on the LOS and downfield after the catch. Decker is long and lean and runs percise routes in the redzone. Welker is a freak ankle breaker slot machine who is nothing like either of the other 2 WR. Its the perfect mix and quite frankly unless Manning goes down this offense is going to be incredibly dominant.

Kuper comes back from injury and Vasquez plays well we go along way to solidifying the interior oline. I worry about center. That is the only spot on the offense I worry about.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #22
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Everyone talking about how this is really the yr everyone waits until late to start taking QBs. I was sort of wondering if that meant and when players like Ryan, Manning, Newton would start to get picked. I usually wait until 7th round to take a QB but if everyone is waiting maybe i will go early this yr and try and grab a top 5 qb.
Nah man. Other than two top flight WR's, there's an abundance of them. And I'd still pass. RB's are super thin and Qb's at the elite top are as well. RB's will go very high mainly because there really isn't much there. Manning, Ryan will go high. Manning(broncos) fell last year, he will not this year and will skyrocket to the top. He'll go round one or two.

Quick look at my tables suggest RB's followed by QB's high. Such a huge drop off with elite RB's/Qb's. WR's are everywhere even if you're in a 3WR/PPR league.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #23
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Off topic from top 12 but Welker is a guy being way undervalued in ADP drafts and top 100 lists i have seen. Its like they think Broncos won't get him the ball more then 50-60 times. I think what we are going to see is Tamme on the bench backing up Welker in the slot and Stokley obviously nowhere on the field at all. That leaves about 70-80 balls for Welker IMO and he may churn out 1000 yrds on that and some tds close to double digits.

I'm not even sure his arrival impacts Black and Decker at all either. Welker doesn't vulture too many looks outside the hash marks or downfield. I think DT is top 5 WR, Decker and Welker both top 15. It's going to be a record breaking year for the Denver offense. Can't you all just feel it? Better oline with Gibbs teaching them some zone blocking. 2 young rbs now one who is still youngest player in the NFL in his 2nd yr. Then to top it off 3 really good WR all who compliment each other. Seriously could they be any more different? DT is a freak of size and speed who can dominate you physically on the LOS and downfield after the catch. Decker is long and lean and runs percise routes in the redzone. Welker is a freak ankle breaker slot machine who is nothing like either of the other 2 WR. Its the perfect mix and quite frankly unless Manning goes down this offense is going to be incredibly dominant.

Kuper comes back from injury and Vasquez plays well we go along way to solidifying the interior oline. I worry about center. That is the only spot on the offense I worry about.
3 Top Wr's on ONE team makes me want to stay away. There's just not going to be any consistency there week in/week out. I'm passing.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #24
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Ball is a sleeper. I'm going to be disappointed if I don't get him with good value. I plan to rot him on my bench until he produces. When the Broncos get it going full gear, I expect him in there carrying the load. We'll see, it's early.

Why Trent? He's younger and what else is Cleveland going to do? They need to win and they can possibly ride their horse. Well the other guys you mentioned are banged up/getting old.

I like consistency. Not saying Trent is it, but he should stay on the field the entire year compared to the others you mentioned.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #25
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Chris Ivory a great target especially if you are in position to grab say a Calvin Johnson in the first round and really need to find a starter in round 3-4 at the RB spot because of it. Bad news is fantasy in my league tough everyone knows everything you do usually.

Another player who might be a sneaky pick is David Wilson in NY. They got rid of Bradshaw and he will be the man. Coughlin likes to run the ball he could get close to 300 carries.
Yep, he has a year under his belt as well. His carries should explode.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: