The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #126
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
It's strange that the two cousins have never met, after all this time...
i have a cousin who is a year younger than me and is named after me and we've never met.
so it's not that strange in a bigger family.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #127
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I bet this line up could have beaten last year's kFc team 2 out of 3 times.

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #128
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Broncos won the bidding war for McCray.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...oining-broncos

A bonus linebacker.A bidding competition for undrafted rookie Lerentee McCray after the NFL draft led the Broncos to eventually give the Florida linebacker a $17,000 signing bonus. They gave undrafted defensive back Chris Harris a mere $2,000 bonus two years ago, and now Harris is a key contributor.
McCray is believed to have received the largest signing bonus among Broncos undrafted rookies since the Mike Shanahan era routinely handed out $20,000 bonuses.
Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and St. Louis were among the teams that showed interest in McCray.
At 6-foot-2 and 250 pounds, McCray is a bit of a tweener between outside linebacker and defensive end. He showed enough pass-rushing athleticism to receive predraft projections as a fifth-round outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense. The Broncos play a 4-3 defense. McCray went undrafted in large part because shoulder and ankle injuries hindered his development at Florida.

Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #129
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ Just saw that. You get the feeling the Broncos like this kid. Here's another note on him:

Quote:
I know of two teams that had a high fifth-round grade on McCray, who likely would have been drafted had a shoulder injury not kept him out of the combine workouts. He also passed on Florida's first pro day in March to wait a little longer to heal.

He eventually worked out March 22, in a workout that included Gators defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd, and the Patriots had a private workout with him the day after that pro day.
Read more: NFL draft's end sparks instant "chaos" for teams targeting free agents - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2SEktOjUQ
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #130
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver724 View Post
Broncos won the bidding war for McCray.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...oining-broncos

A bonus linebacker.A bidding competition for undrafted rookie Lerentee McCray after the NFL draft led the Broncos to eventually give the Florida linebacker a $17,000 signing bonus. They gave undrafted defensive back Chris Harris a mere $2,000 bonus two years ago, and now Harris is a key contributor.
McCray is believed to have received the largest signing bonus among Broncos undrafted rookies since the Mike Shanahan era routinely handed out $20,000 bonuses.
Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and St. Louis were among the teams that showed interest in McCray.
At 6-foot-2 and 250 pounds, McCray is a bit of a tweener between outside linebacker and defensive end. He showed enough pass-rushing athleticism to receive predraft projections as a fifth-round outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense. The Broncos play a 4-3 defense. McCray went undrafted in large part because shoulder and ankle injuries hindered his development at Florida.

Von's new back up you say?
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #131
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

$17,000 wins bidding war wow the other teams must have really wanted him?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #132
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

It's be great if McCray pans out. Sounds like a guy with a lot of upside but he has just not been healthy. I like the fact that Elway is spending money on another defensive UDFA.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote