The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Fantasy Football Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
Killericon
YES A DT!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default Offered a trade...

I have an abundance of awesome WRs, and someone told me they'd give me either Mendenhall, Spiller, or Ridlay for Cruz. Thoughts?
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

so who are your other wrs?
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
I have an abundance of awesome WRs, and someone told me they'd give me either Mendenhall, Spiller, or Ridlay for Cruz. Thoughts?
Is it a PPR leaugue? If so I would keep Cruz.
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Drek
Ring of Famer

If you need RBs and are sure you're ok at WR then sure. Go for Mendenhall. He's not in real competition, will only see more carries as he gets healthy, and he's already past his bye week.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i disagree, id go for spiller over mendenhall.

Mendenhall did squat last year as a starter and then IRd in week 14 or something. Useless. Spiller has balled out everytime he has gotten the ball.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
i disagree, id go for spiller over mendenhall.

Mendenhall did squat last year as a starter and then IRd in week 14 or something. Useless. Spiller has balled out everytime he has gotten the ball.
Spiller is the hope for greatness pick, but Mendenhall's '11 season was comparable to his '09 season from a fantasy value standpoint, and he had a better YPC than in '10 when he was fed carries that drove his numbers up.

He's unlikely to give you the shot at elite level production that Spill has a chance to give, but he's got a better floor. Spiller has never been a full time back, is now in a 50/50 timeshare with Fred Jackson who has previously been the workhorse in Buffalo, only giving Spiller an opening thanks to injury. Jackson likely sees the bulk of red zone carries.

If he already had Fred Jackson then a Spiller/Jackson tandem makes a lot of sense, using either one as the flex and being insured against injury to either one. But as a straight up RB I'd prefer Mendenhall because, as noted above, he isn't likely to get goal line vultured by another RB and he's already past his bye. At this point the season only has 10 games left, a guy who's already passed his bye week inherently has 10% more value. I don't think Spiller is a great bet to out-score Mendenhall by >10% the rest of the way, assuming health across the board.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
DENVERDUI55

I wouldn't trade Cruz for any of those guys. Mendenall injury plagued and was pretty bad last year even getting goalline carries poached by Redman. Spiller would be great if Jackson was gone. Ridley has been great so far this year except you never know when BB will toss him in the doghouse. For Cruz you need better as he will be one of the best Fantasy WR especially in a PPR league. If you must I'd go Ridley.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Mendenhall will never be healthy, Spiller is in a timeshare, Ridley getting the most touches. But Cruz for Ridley seems like you are overpaying IMO. But if your other WR are studs and you cant start them all maybe you have to do it.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #9
DENVERDUI55

I hope you traded for Ridley!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: