The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #151
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That is what the show is missing. A Lyle Alzado, John Matuzak steroid/biker infused rage while killing zombies!!!
They do need that. They really have wussified several of the characters. Only Daryl still has any stones left. He's softened but in the kind of way that makes someone more awesome (fighting fFOR something) Tyreese is a bad ass in the comics. Hopefully they let him come in and be awesome.

I don't miss many things about eighties TV, but one thing I do miss is they never ruined a character. They would put them in difficult situations and sometimes even let them have vulnerable moments and grow, but they were always still awesome. a great example is Captain Picard. He was basically raped by the Borg and had all this bagage he had to deal with, but he was still awesome and even used that anger to do awesome things.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #152
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
They do need that. They really have wussified several of the characters. Only Daryl still has any stones left. He's softened but in the kind of way that makes someone more awesome (fighting fFOR something) Tyreese is a bad ass in the comics. Hopefully they let him come in and be awesome.

I don't miss many things about eighties TV, but one thing I do miss is they never ruined a character. They would put them in difficult situations and sometimes even let them have vulnerable moments and grow, but they were always still awesome. a great example is Captain Picard. He was basically raped by the Borg and had all this bagage he had to deal with, but he was still awesome and even used that anger to do awesome things.
I think you would like the xbox game. Lee Everett is suck a good character. Three people from the game are in the TV series, Lee, Hershel, and Lilly.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:59 AM   #153
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

Quote:

Picard wasn'nt raped you know he wanted it - I mean the way he paraded around in those hip hugging red pajamas....
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #154
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

this weeks zombie kill of the week...death by hatch back

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #155
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I think you would like the xbox game. Lee Everett is suck a good character. Three people from the game are in the TV series, Lee, Hershel, and Lilly.
I play the game. I am on story number two. I love zombie stuff. I recommend Dead Island if you want the survival feel mixed with bad ass zombie killing stuff.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #156
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
this weeks zombie kill of the week...death by hatch back

Yes - the show has definitely gotten more and more 'R' rated in terms of blood and gore with each season/epsiode.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #157
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Bad episode, thoughts? Singing in the prison? Where are the zombies?
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #158
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
Bad episode, thoughts?
IMO a "bad episode" of TWD is better than a "good episode" of just about any other show currently on TV. And until Breaking Bad and GoT (and perhaps Mad Men) start back up it's by far the best show on. Flawless? No. But great TV.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #159
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
IMO a "bad episode" of TWD is better than a "good episode" of just about any other show currently on TV. And until Breaking Bad and GoT (and perhaps Mad Men) start back up it's by far the best show on. Flawless? No. But great TV.
Justified is pretty damn good. Watching Raylan and Boyd go round and round will never get old for me. Then again I like the old John Wayne/Clint Eastwood type of characters. The chemistry between those 2 just makes that show a fun ride.

It's kind of like a modern day Deadwood, just since it's on FX it has to be PG-13. Would be kinda cheesy but IMO friggin awesome if they would bring in Ian McShane to be a supervillain for a season.

As far as TWD, Rick is really getting on my nerves. This crap he's going through is going way too slow. He needs to shlt or get off the pot as far as the team leader goes. And i hope they gradually make Merle more likable. I want to like him.

But for me what saved the episode was the pet zombie trick. That's so funny. When watching that with my family I always say "Oh I want a pet zombie. Honey, if the world goes to hell like this, can I have a pet zombie?"

Last edited by spdirty; 02-26-2013 at 10:20 AM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #160
NickStixx

Yeah Rick needs to get his head out of his ass and start manning up as the leader. Also, I can't believe Andrea couldn't just kill the Govenor... I'm so sick of that dude, he needs to die, and then the rest of the group needs to take over that town to live off the spoils.
I can't believe that group that Rick scared away by going crazy is now on the Govenor's side... that's annoying.
This season is really good though so far.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #161
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Bad episode, thoughts? Singing in the prison? Where are the zombies?
They're obviously setting things up. That said, Andrea is ho. And they look like they are going to ruin Tyreece. It's a shame too, because one of the best characters from the book, and an ally for Rick, is going to be relegated to cannon fodder for the governor. I'm still not sure what they are doing with Michonne. I thought her confrontation of Andrea was good, but I wasn't a fan of how they reacted to Andrea and Andrea's whole deal with the governor makes her almost unbelievably stupid. I can believe that she really believes in Woodbury, and maybe even believe that she loves the Governor, but after seeing the jars, his daughter and then hearing what happened to her group, and that the evidence is pointing to him being a liar, she's either incredibly stupid, incredibly broken or the writers just want to string that out.

I hate bad writing because it takes me out of a show. I become frustrated or angry with why a writer chose to make someone do something a certain way. Or worse, I remember they are people and wonder if they were out smoking weed or getting drunk and mailed it in on that script that week. I mean everyone has had a week at their job they didn't do their best work. Writers are no different. Unfortunately shows that are really successful sometimes can fall victim to bad writing because they can get away with it.

Hopefully whatever they are setting up is worth the set up.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #162
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Justified is pretty damn good.
I've seen one episode and it was excellent. But I'm a start from the beginning kind of guy so until I have the time to go back and start from season 1, episode 1, I won't be watching it.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #163
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Justified is pretty damn good. Watching Raylan and Boyd go round and round will never get old for me. Then again I like the old John Wayne/Clint Eastwood type of characters. The chemistry between those 2 just makes that show a fun ride.

It's kind of like a modern day Deadwood, just since it's on FX it has to be PG-13. Would be kinda cheesy but IMO friggin awesome if they would bring in Ian McShane to be a supervillain for a season.

As far as TWD, Rick is really getting on my nerves. This crap he's going through is going way too slow. He needs to shlt or get off the pot as far as the team leader goes. And i hope they gradually make Merle more likable. I want to like him.

But for me what saved the episode was the pet zombie trick. That's so funny. When watching that with my family I always say "Oh I want a pet zombie. Honey, if the world goes to hell like this, can I have a pet zombie?"
I loved that too. I kept thinking, why not line a bunch of those guys up as your front line chained together and just move through the forest?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #164
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
They're obviously setting things up. That said, Andrea is ho. And they look like they are going to ruin Tyreece. It's a shame too, because one of the best characters from the book, and an ally for Rick, is going to be relegated to cannon fodder for the governor. I'm still not sure what they are doing with Michonne. I thought her confrontation of Andrea was good, but I wasn't a fan of how they reacted to Andrea and Andrea's whole deal with the governor makes her almost unbelievably stupid. I can believe that she really believes in Woodbury, and maybe even believe that she loves the Governor, but after seeing the jars, his daughter and then hearing what happened to her group, and that the evidence is pointing to him being a liar, she's either incredibly stupid, incredibly broken or the writers just want to string that out.

I hate bad writing because it takes me out of a show. I become frustrated or angry with why a writer chose to make someone do something a certain way. Or worse, I remember they are people and wonder if they were out smoking weed or getting drunk and mailed it in on that script that week. I mean everyone has had a week at their job they didn't do their best work. Writers are no different. Unfortunately shows that are really successful sometimes can fall victim to bad writing because they can get away with it.

Hopefully whatever they are setting up is worth the set up.
Nice writeup, I am looking forward to next week for sure. I am holding out hope that Tyreese is still actually working for Rick's group? Unlikely I know, but I would like to see some new leaders stay in the crew. I just wish they would focus more on both groups having to deal with the walkers- going on runs, etc, rather than this huge prison vs. Woodbury war they are building to.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #165
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I've seen one episode and it was excellent. But I'm a start from the beginning kind of guy so until I have the time to go back and start from season 1, episode 1, I won't be watching it.
Yeah im the same way. My old man going on and on for 2 years about how i need to watch and i wasnt going to pick it up where it was. I bought the seasons on amazon instant video for like $18 a season. I started watching it 2 weeks ago and I'm caught up. Now it sucks that I have to wait a week between episodes.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #166
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Michonne and Andrea kiss scene please!!!!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #167
Bacchus

Quote:
Nice writeup, I am looking forward to next week for sure. I am holding out hope that Tyreese is still actually working for Rick's group? Unlikely I know, but I would like to see some new leaders stay in the crew. I just wish they would focus more on both groups having to deal with the walkers- going on runs, etc, rather than this huge prison vs. Woodbury war they are building to.
I like how people are hating on the writing and Tyreese, they'll just feel a little more foolish when Tyreese joins Rick's side after his group finds out the dirty little secrets of the Governor.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #168
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
I like how people are hating on the writing and Tyreese, they'll just feel a little more foolish when Tyreese joins Rick's side after his group finds out the dirty little secrets of the Governor.
To me it seems like Tyreese and his wife are going to have a come to Jesus moment, while the other guy and his kid are going to fall under the government's spell.

Andrea is pissing me off, but my prediction is that she ends up killing the governor somehow...possibly joining back up with the group at the last second, and then having a showdown between the two?

Looks like Rick is finally realizing that he isn't in the state of mind to lead, and I'd be pretty stoked with Daryl as the new leader. Merle looks like he's actually changing his colors!
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #169
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I am holding out hope that Tyreese is still actually working for Rick's group?
Well, he's not "working for Rick's group" now but it's probably fair to assume he may end up being a "good guy" before all is said and done.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #170
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
To me it seems like Tyreese and his wife are going to have a come to Jesus moment, while the other guy and his kid are going to fall under the government's spell.

Andrea is pissing me off, but my prediction is that she ends up killing the governor somehow...possibly joining back up with the group at the last second, and then having a showdown between the two?

Looks like Rick is finally realizing that he isn't in the state of mind to lead, and I'd be pretty stoked with Daryl as the new leader. Merle looks like he's actually changing his colors!
That is exactly what is going to happen. Tyreese and his wife will fight their way out of there only to meet up with Rick and his group.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #171
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
You could just sack up and call me by name since I'm the only one who has mentioned him. And I didn't hate on Tyreese. I did say it was unfortunate they turned him around. I think Tyreece going to Woodbury was, in terms of writing, one of the more logical conclusions. They find the prison and Rick comes off as bat-**** crazy and tells them to leave. Then they find what appears to be a stable community that confirms their experiences at the prison - that Rick is crazy. I suppose if they find out what a tool the Governor is they could turn it around, but why they would flee back to the prison is beyond me.

My beef with the writing is how stupid Andrea, and her whole situation, is.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #172
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #173
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Having Tyreese and his group go to Woodbury is just to keep people who are avid fans of the comic on edge because they know Tyreese's role and relationship with Rick is very solid. I thought it was a good drama spin on the episode when they camea cross Andrea and nerdman in the woods. Good episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #174
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
My beef with the writing is how stupid Andrea, and her whole situation, is.
She is playing the dumb blonde role well, Kaylore.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #175
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Having Tyreese and his group go to Woodbury is just to keep people who are avid fans of the comic on edge because they know Tyreese's role and relationship with Rick is very solid. I thought it was a good drama spin on the episode when they camea cross Andrea and nerdman in the woods. Good episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They do that quite a bit to fans of the comic. Like the not-rape scene with Maggie was pretty tense because in the comic he raped Michonne. There are also funny little homages they do to the comic.

I will say the Dixon brothers are one of the best things about the show and they obviously aren't comic characters at all.