The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Default Kiper 07 Feb '13 Mock

I can't post it all, but Kiper had us taking Kawann Short, DT, Purdue in his second mock released today.

FYI - Ogletree went #8 to Bills.
We passed on Elam (Pats), Jenkins (9ers) and Minter (Ravens)

He had zero QBs going in round 1. That would be a surprise. Biggest riser that I noticed was Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech going to Texans at #27.
SpringStein is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
g6matty

<<< ogletree a monster
Old 02-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Drunken.Broncoholic

Passed on Minter? I don't think he lasts to 28

And yes. Ogletree is a beast
Old 02-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I'm not surprised by the QB's not going in round 1. There isn't one worth taking in the first round and all the teams that need one know that. They can pick one up anytime after round 1 and any one will probably be as good, or as bad as any other.

I've seen several mocks that have us taking Shariff Floyd. Don't know anything about him. Would this be a decent selection?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post

I've seen several mocks that have us taking Shariff Floyd. Don't know anything about him. Would this be a decent selection?
Kiper had him going at #15 to Saints. I'll be surprised if he drops past the teens.
SpringStein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
I can't post it all, but Kiper had us taking Kawann Short, DT, Purdue in his second mock released today.

FYI - Ogletree went #8 to Bills.
We passed on Elam (Pats), Jenkins (9ers) and Minter (Ravens)

He had zero QBs going in round 1. That would be a surprise. Biggest riser that I noticed was Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech going to Texans at #27.
I have noticed Jenkins is not getting the early love he had after basically just showing up in Mobile. He and Hankins have both dropped from the early higher spots due to not being pass rushers or necessarily disruptors in scouts eyes. Personally, I have been working on DB's and LB's an have not gotten to the DL yet.

However, those positions look real so far and DL is supposed to be the deepest at the high end in years from what I have heard.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #7
Agamemnon

Kawann Short would certainly offer some nice interior pressure to compliment our edge rush, but honestly I don't see that being anywhere close to our biggest need.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 AM   #8
g6matty

idk if ogletree goes as high as 8 though... hes not the tacklling machine that kuechly is but he is a playmaker. i think 12-18 is a good range for him.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #9
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Not a fan of short. Don't see it.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Seriously? His Film is outstanding and he was mugged all year as well. I think he is a much better pro than College player too.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Seriously? His Film is outstanding and he was mugged all year as well. I think he is a much better pro than College player too.
I agree. He can get too high at times and I think he needs to work on his footwork a bit, but any other year and he is a top 10 pick. From what I've seen he has a really good swim move to rush the passer and has shown a good ability of anchoring down when double teamed.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #12
Momentum
Mockdrafthq.com, go there

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Did you see the Senior Bowl? He was blowing up the middle. Not going to wow you with huge sacks or incredible plays, just incredibly solid at what he does which is plugging the middle.
Momentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #13
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Did not see the senior bowl. Saw some highlights of his earlier this season and thought he just looked like a regular guy. I went back and watched the Notre Dame ge and he did look better than I saw previously.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I'm not surprised by the QB's not going in round 1. There isn't one worth taking in the first round and all the teams that need one know that. They can pick one up anytime after round 1 and any one will probably be as good, or as bad as any other.

He won't be there unfortunately. I see him one of those guys that by the time draft hits has leaped up boards in the top 15-20 picks.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #15
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Short dominated all Senior Bowl week and the past two years of college.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Short dominated all Senior Bowl week and the past two years of college.
Bannan finished last year with a NFL low 1.3 percent in which he applied pressure. We tied a Broncos team record in sacks last year. It is scary to think of how dominate we could be with just upgrading him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:54 AM   #17
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Bannan finished last year with a NFL low 1.3 percent in which he applied pressure. We tied a Broncos team record in sacks last year. It is scary to think of how dominate we could be with just upgrading him.
I'm glad your finally coming to the light! Seriously though, Short would be in better position to play next to Doom as the 3Tech, even though our DTs 2 gap and play the run first.

To upgrade Bannan is where Brandon Williams would come in handy, though he could play either spot because he has a great ability to pass rush and be disruptive at his size.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:54 AM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I'm glad your finally coming to the light! Seriously though, Short would be in better position to play next to Doom as the 3Tech, even though our DTs 2 gap and play the run first.

To upgrade Bannan is where Brandon Williams would come in handy, though he could play either spot because he has a great ability to pass rush and be disruptive at his size.
No the guy you wanted over Bannan didn't even play last year so he was worse then Bannan. Also I believe Bannan was better then Bunkley value wise for stopping the run. I never said anything about his pass rushing. I kind of wonder what the Saints do with Bunkley anyways now that they are moving to the 3-4.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #19
Bmore Manning

Quote:
No the guy you wanted over Bannan didn't even play last year so he was worse then Bannan. Also I believe Bannan was better then Bunkley value wise for stopping the run. I never said anything about his pass rushing. I kind of wonder what the Saints do with Bunkley anyways now that they are moving to the 3-4.
Well the Giants think enough of Rogers to resign him and let Canty and Rocky Bernard (word has it) get their walking papers. I would agree than Bannan proved great value last year, and admitted it to you.

Unless they plan to bulk him up some to handle zero technique responsibilities, I'm not really sure where he fits..? But Ryan utilizes hybrid fronts and they are financially invested, so they probably find a role.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #20
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Well the Giants think enough of Rogers to resign him and let Canty and Rocky Bernard (word has it) get their walking papers. I would agree than Bannan proved great value last year, and admitted it to you.

Unless they plan to bulk him up some to handle zero technique responsibilities, I'm not really sure where he fits..? But Ryan utilizes hybrid fronts and they are financially invested, so they probably find a role.
Come on man the Giants are 9 million dollars over the cap and need to make room for Victor Cruz. At this point they are hoping against all odds he can play for cheap

Really who would you rather keep Bannan or Mitch Unrein?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #21
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
This is why I dislike PFF. You can't look at that stat in a vacuum.

Bannan has a very low % of pressure's because he was off the field in passing downs.

Not to say he's an interior pass rushing force, just that # is extremely flawed.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #22
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Bannan has a very low % of pressure's because he was off the field in passing downs.

Not to say he's an interior pass rushing force, just that # is extremely flawed.
I agree 100%. I have no problem with Denver bringing Bannan back because of the value he brings as a run stopping DT. That said Denver still should be looking for a more balanced DT in the draft.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #23
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I agree 100%. I have no problem with Denver bringing Bannan back because of the value he brings as a run stopping DT. That said Denver still should be looking for a more balanced DT in the draft.
What would your nickel personnel look like?

Who's coming off the field?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #24
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Big time. Plus, the way JDR uses his DT's on early downs in a read and react does not help with pressuring the QB I like PFF for talking points, but their absurb analysis and elitism is getting to be as bad as FO has gotten.

Shame though, there is a use for their work for the masses. However, none of them really measure anything but past performance. It's like using an Ibbotson chart to track the stock market. The disclaimer is this "only shows past performance and does not gaurantee future results"
Old 02-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Come on man the Giants are 9 million dollars over the cap and need to make room for Victor Cruz. At this point they are hoping against all odds he can play for cheap

Really who would you rather keep Bannan or Mitch Unrein?
That's not a cut and dry question I can answer. I want to get better and younger.. Bannan presents good value like you said, but would I rather bring back Bannan as opposed to adding one in the draft and or free agency. The answer is no. Bannan or Unrein for a season I choose Bannan. But Unrein could be retained cheap, where the Bannan money could be allocated elsewhere.

I would rather have Mike Devito as our NT than Bannan or Unrein. Devito is a younger better version of Bannan. And he played incredibly cheap last year for the Jets. So it's not just cut and dry..

Nothing about Unrein blows me away, and Bannan could be upgraded..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: