The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #26
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Mathieu is more of a nickel back to me than anything. I think we are good on corners although I wouldn't be mad if we get him in the fifth or something like that. I really like Ball though. He would be a steal in the third round if he falls. I really wouldn't mind Teo either. He is a good player and better than any MLB we have now.
Ball might be drafted in the first round. He will NOT make it out of the second round.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #27
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Good lord that Wisconsin RB Montee Ball sure knows how to use his blockers. Seriously, watch that reel again and watch how he has absolute perfect feel on how to use the blocking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
And also how he maximizes his opportunities, after he makes those good reads on his block. Would love to have that kind of back in Denver.
Some say, and it's true, his top end speed is not break neck but neither was Terrell Davis. He can plant and cut just fine. He's shown some spin moves here and there. He's got good skills. Anytime you can get a back who truly understands how to read blocking, you have to take a hard look at the guy. Not saying he's a high pick but he probably can be had in the 3rd or 4th. The only thing I didn't get to see much on him was pass protection. He's gotta have that or forget it.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:40 AM   #28
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Some say, and it's true, his top end speed is not break neck but neither was Terrell Davis. He can plant and cut just fine. He's shown some spin moves here and there. He's got good skills. Anytime you can get a back who truly understands how to read blocking, you have to take a hard look at the guy. Not saying he's a high pick but he probably can be had in the 3rd or 4th. The only thing I didn't get to see much on him was pass protection. He's gotta have that or forget it.
Terrell Davis was faster than Ball.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #29
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

If we are looking at running backs in the first half of the draft, I'm still hoping we take Le'veon Bell. That dude just seems like a picture perfect fit for the John Fox gameplan.

Use our first pick on the best defensive front seven player we can get, then snatch up Bell at the bottom of the second round.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I like Desmond Trufant. Marcus Trufants brother. He didn't get thrown at much this yr and for good reason. He's tenacious and a true man to man cover CB. Bailey getting old time to think more talent at CB. I like Harris but after him it drops off.

Then in 2nd round draft some oline. I like this guy who i saw play at the SR bowl. He's probably going to go 2-3rd, something like that. Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote