The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #2376
bronco militia
made a business decision"
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 719
Posts: 28,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

I own you, Bob.

ewwwww...NTTAWWT
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #2377
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Find one post where I said Beck would be good. I rooted for him, but I never said once he was going to be good.

And I see you guys cut Eric Winston, which I believe you and I argued about when I suggested he sucks and you said he was the long term answer.

I own you, Bob.

Technically you didn't Gaylore.

Winston only gave up 4 sacks and 25 QB pressures last year, ranking as the 8th best RT in the league.

He was let go because he has an arm injury, and because Reid wants bigger RT's for his system.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #2378
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Technically you didn't Gaylore.

Winston only gave up 4 sacks and 25 QB pressures last year, ranking as the 8th best RT in the league.

He was let go because he has an arm injury, and because Reid wants bigger RT's for his system.
Alex Smith is your QB.

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #2379
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,710
Default

I could see the Chargers going after Winston as it sounds like he will fit the scheme McCoy and Wisenhunt want to run, providing the price is right.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #2380
razorwire77
Champions of the World!!!
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
Greatest win/loss of all-time

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,587

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

The Chefs franchise is an absolute train wreck.

Step one: Give up a king's ransom for a small handed game managing QB.

Step two: Franchise a LT for one year.

Step three: Cut a decent starting caliber RT in Winston

Step four: Draft Joeckal # 1 overall and move Albert to RT (ensuring that he'll get pissed and not sign a long-term deal next year.)

Step five: Draft a RT in 2014.

Winning. . . To their credit, most of the Chef Planet seems to be melting down. I don't blame them.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #2381
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

serious question, when was the last time the Chefs seriously addressed the QB of the future via the draft? Blackledge? I remember guys like DeBerg, Bono, Montana, Grbac, Gannon, Green, Cassell, and now Smith (probably missing a retread or 12 in there). I don't remember an early pick being used on a QB. KC: home of great BBQ and retread QBs?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #2382
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 45,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Technically you didn't Gaylore.

Winston only gave up 4 sacks and 25 QB pressures last year, ranking as the 8th best RT in the league.

He was let go because he has an arm injury, and because Reid wants bigger RT's for his system.
If he was really the 8th best RT in the league his size would not be an issue.

Why would they want a bigger RT who is worse? Makes no sense.

I watch a lot of kFc games and when Winston was playing he was noting special. Charles speed made that OL look better than it was. Put a slower avg RB back there like Hillis and they sucked.

Reid is trying to upgrade because your OL is terrible. Not sure why he isn't trying to upgrade the C and add a G and upgrade the other G position but I like that he is possibly making the team weaker to implement his system.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #2383
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 45,080
Default

Like this is going to work.

"He guys I am thinking of taking Geno Smith come help me trade down!"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...iefs-no-1-pick
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #2384
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Winston wasn't cut because he sucks.

He was cut because we're changing blocking schemes. He's a ZBS specialist and would be a liability now.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #2385
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 50,720

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Like this is going to work.

"He guys I am thinking of taking Geno Smith come help me trade down!"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...iefs-no-1-pick
He doesn't want Geno. That article doesn't even say he's looking at him. He said "He's a good QB" and they are looking at options. The Chiefs picked THE worst year to pick number one overall. There are people trying to trade up, and maybe there is a team who is stupid enough to waste a high pick on Geno Smith, but Reid isn't stupid and knows QB's. If he takes Smith it would be after trading back or trading back into the second round.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #2386
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Reid and Dorsey went to Oregon's pro day the day Geno Smith was throwing at West Virginia. That alone should say enough.

I think the Bills will want to trade up with somebody to get Geno. They literally have no choice. Who are they gonna start at QB next year? Nassib? That's not selling tickets and it's probably going to get the GM fired.
Barkley doesn't exactly fit Buffalo either because his average arm strength won't do well in Buffalo.

Dorsey said we've had discussions with a couple teams that are talking about trading up, so I guess we'll see if they bite.

Teams get very desperate on draft day though. They panic.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #2387
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Reid and Dorsey went to Oregon's pro day the day Geno Smith was throwing at West Virginia. That alone should say enough.

I think the Bills will want to trade up with somebody to get Geno. They literally have no choice. Who are they gonna start at QB next year? Nassib? That's not selling tickets and it's probably going to get the GM fired.
Barkley doesn't exactly fit Buffalo either because his average arm strength won't do well in Buffalo.

Dorsey said we've had discussions with a couple teams that are talking about trading up, so I guess we'll see if they bite.

Teams get very desperate on draft day though. They panic.
The Bills cut Fitzpatrick, right? Wow, this is a franchise almost as dumb as kc. They should draft a QB, but they should not trade up to do it. They need to get a guy like Matt Moore to come in and be a bridge to a young draft pick QB.

I'd be very suprised if the Bills give up much to trade to the #1 pick. They may try and trade up, but I doubt they offer a whole lot in exchange.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #2388
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Reid and Dorsey went to Oregon's pro day the day Geno Smith was throwing at West Virginia. That alone should say enough.

I think the Bills will want to trade up with somebody to get Geno. They literally have no choice. Who are they gonna start at QB next year? Nassib? That's not selling tickets and it's probably going to get the GM fired.
Barkley doesn't exactly fit Buffalo either because his average arm strength won't do well in Buffalo.

Dorsey said we've had discussions with a couple teams that are talking about trading up, so I guess we'll see if they bite.

Teams get very desperate on draft day though. They panic.
He didn't play all that well in NY during the bowl game because of the poor weather. You would think that would sour the Bills right there.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #2389
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Good lord, the Bills have Tavaris Jackson as the best QB right now... if they trade up for Geno Smith they deserve what they get. Right now they have the #8 pick and if they trade up to the #1 for Geno the fans should riot in the streets. They are better off taking Barkeley at #8 than trading up for Geno Smith. I'm guessing Smith will be there at #8 anyway...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #2390
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Good lord, the Bills have Tavaris Jackson as the best QB right now... if they trade up for Geno Smith they deserve what they get. Right now they have the #8 pick and if they trade up to the #1 for Geno the fans should riot in the streets. They are better off taking Barkeley at #8 than trading up for Geno Smith. I'm guessing Smith will be there at #8 anyway...
I don't think Geno will be there at 8. The Jags just had a private workout with him and they loved him. They also raved over him at his workout (read both on SI).

I think they really do want him. I think the Raiders and possibly the Eagles do too.

The best option the Bills have IMO is Mallet and there is no way Belichik is trading him to a divisional rival.

This makes me feel a lot better about Alex Smith. He seems to be the best choice our brass could have picked at QB this season.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #2391
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I don't think Geno will be there at 8. The Jags just had a private workout with him and they loved him. They also raved over him at his workout (read both on SI).

I think they really do want him. I think the Raiders and possibly the Eagles do too.

The best option the Bills have IMO is Mallet and there is no way Belichik is trading him to a divisional rival.

This makes me feel a lot better about Alex Smith. He seems to be the best choice our brass could have picked at QB this season.
Don't the Jags have Gabbert? They are better off sticking with Gabbert another year and then drafting a QB next year. Or, they should wait and draft a QB in the 2nd round of this draft.

I seriously doubt they draft another mistake at QB in the top 10. I bet they try to trade down...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #2392
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 45,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He doesn't want Geno. That article doesn't even say he's looking at him. He said "He's a good QB" and they are looking at options. The Chiefs picked THE worst year to pick number one overall. There are people trying to trade up, and maybe there is a team who is stupid enough to waste a high pick on Geno Smith, but Reid isn't stupid and knows QB's. If he takes Smith it would be after trading back or trading back into the second round.
That was the point I was trying to make, he is trying to make it look like they could possibly take him to land a trade partner to trade down with out of the 1 slot.

They are desperate, they know the value is not there.

Pretty funny.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #2393
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
That was the point I was trying to make, he is trying to make it look like they could possibly take him to land a trade partner to trade down with out of the 1 slot.

They are desperate, they know the value is not there.

Pretty funny.
It doesn't hurt him at all. With the overwhelming amount of love that the Jags have shown Geno, it appears that anyone else who wants Geno is going to have to trade with us.

The Jags are helping us, if anything.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #2394
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 45,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
It doesn't hurt him at all. With the overwhelming amount of love that the Jags have shown Geno, it appears that anyone else who wants Geno is going to have to trade with us.

The Jags are helping us, if anything.
Do you think they are going to go after Milner (the CB) or OL if no one bites on their trading out of the 1st overall pick?

They could really use a CB to cover all of Denver's weapons.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #2395
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I don't think Geno will be there at 8. The Jags just had a private workout with him and they loved him. They also raved over him at his workout (read both on SI).

I think they really do want him. I think the Raiders and possibly the Eagles do too.

The best option the Bills have IMO is Mallet and there is no way Belichik is trading him to a divisional rival.

This makes me feel a lot better about Alex Smith. He seems to be the best choice our brass could have picked at QB this season.
So because all these teams are starting to fall in love with Geno, you're glad the Chiefs traded away all those picks for Alex Smith?

Explain the logic here.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #2396
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Bills cut Fitzpatrick, right? Wow, this is a franchise almost as dumb as kc. They should draft a QB, but they should not trade up to do it. They need to get a guy like Matt Moore to come in and be a bridge to a young draft pick QB.

I'd be very suprised if the Bills give up much to trade to the #1 pick. They may try and trade up, but I doubt they offer a whole lot in exchange.
Matt Moore re-signed with the Dolphins but I agree no one is going to give up much (if at all) for the #1 pick. It's just bad luck for the Chiefs this time that there are a number of players that could go #1.

And I don't think the Jaguars will necessarily go for a QB, though they need one. They have so many needs they could go with at that pick. They could probably draft a QB later on and ride out another bad year with Henne and Gabbert. They're not going to contend this year anyway.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #2397
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Do you think they are going to go after Milner (the CB) or OL if no one bites on their trading out of the 1st overall pick?

They could really use a CB to cover all of Denver's weapons.
I don't think they'll take a CB at 1 since the draft is so deep at CB. What's the difference between Milliner and a CB like Robert Alford who will most likely be there in the 3rd round? I don't see a big difference.

Our GM said we have 8-10 guys they like.

So far they have shown a huge interest in Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Floyd, Jordan and Ansah.

Reid's history says we're taking a pass rusher. He loves them. If I had to guess, I'd say Dion Jordan, but Branden Albert is supposably on the trade block, so if he's traded we'll probably take Joeckel.

We'll find out more though. Dorsey said they still have workouts/visits with some top prospects. If I had to guess, I think that Star Lotulelie and Sheldon Richardson will get some strong looks too. All for either #1 pick or if we trade down.

Last edited by FearLanier; 03-20-2013 at 06:27 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #2398
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

We just signed a ****ty starting CB so we're set there.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #2399
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I don't think they'll take a CB at 1 since the draft is so deep at CB. What's the difference between Milliner and a CB like Robert Alford who will most likely be there in the 3rd round? I don't see a big difference.

Our GM said we have 8-10 guys they like.

So far they have shown a huge interest in Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Floyd, Jordan and Ansah.

Reid's history says we're taking a pass rusher. He loves them. If I had to guess, I'd say Dion Jordan, but Branden Albert is supposably on the trade block, so if he's traded we'll probably take Joeckel.

We'll find out more though. Dorsey said they still have workouts/visits with some top prospects. If I had to guess, I think that Star Lotulelie and Sheldon Richardson will get some strong looks too. All for either #1 pick or if we trade down.
Good luck trying to trade Albert with all his baggage and this being a deep draft for OTs.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #2400
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Good luck trying to trade Albert with all his baggage and this being a deep draft for OTs.
What baggage does he have? He's been medically cleared. Passed his physical with no back problems at all. They said no long term problems are there so I'm confused?

Albert is being rumored to go to Miami for their 2nd round pick, which seems very possible since they are in "win now" mode, Jeff Ireland's job is on the line and they would most likely have to trade up to get one of the 3 OT's.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Denver Broncos