The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default 1997 AFC Championship on Youtube

There is a whole mess of Donks games on this guy's channel.

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

That guy is one of the coolest Broncos fans you'll ever meet.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Its insane how little i remember of this game. The Aldrige pick, the Elway to Sharpe icing throw...honestly, thats it.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I also would have bet a lot of money that following the Sharpe 3rd down catch, they sat on it. I totally remember the game being over after that.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

You know, watching the end of that game, I wish Fox was as aggressive as Shanahan.
3rd and 6 on your 15, and Shanahan says lets air it out and get the first, knowing Rouen was sucking terribly punting, the risk of an incompletion, etc. Heck, on the first down play was a pass play as well. No just lining up and running it up the middle to burn time/timeouts.
Then, after that play, he goes back and calls for ANOTHER pass play to get another first down.

I can see why people are upset with Fox's lack of aggressiveness in the end of the Baltimore game.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

That was a great game but the pinnacle of that season was the Super Bowl win and the victory over the Queefs at Narrow-Head the week before!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #7
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

That game kind of depresses me, just 2 1/2 weeks after Baltimore. Shanahan is my favorite big moment coach. **** the odds and percentages, he's gonna win the ****ing game right now. Say what you want about him, but he will never coach a game "not to lose." His balls just drag on the ground.

I remember Pitt had just scored a touchdown to grab momentum and trim the lead to 24-21. I remember feeling like if they got the ball back they were going to win. Shanahan had that same feeling. Still love that coach.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Hey foxy FYI! That's how you close out a playoff game!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
DENVERDUI55

I watched the KC game the week before. How was Tom Rouen a punter for us? He was awful. Couple other things from the KC game.

1. I always here KC fans say they would of won with replay because Gonzo's no called TD would of been overturned. Well that is 100 percent wrong his hand was first part of body to touch out of bounds and clearly was out before second foot. MYTH

2. Refs allowed a lot of false starts in that game but made much better calls on the so called bang bang plays, out of bounds, fumbles and PI calls without replay crutch.

3. Traylor was a beast in that game.

4. Game was very much like Denver/Baltimore this year Denver dominated all game and could get many points out of it. The difference was the D stepped up on the final drive and Atwater vs Moore is a big difference.

5. Why did Shanny keep Louville around? Second why would he put him in at the 10 yd line because he fumbled everytime. He just about cost us KC game and the SB that year.

6. Martyball in that game looked like the 01 Rams compared to Fox now. Marty is even more aggressive than Fox although his fake FG pretty much sunk the team. The announcers even were calling it out before they ran it.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 02-01-2013 at 06:17 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #10
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

There was a game a few years back when Shanny was coaching. We were at home. It was 4th and 5 or something. I think we were in FG range. Cant remember if we were down, but Plummer was the QB and instead of punting/kicking a FG, Shanny goes for it and sends Lelie into the endzone and Plummer throw for a TD!

I miss the gutsy calls man! Sure they backfired occasionally, but when they worked, damn it felt good!
Broncos4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #11
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Man Neil Smith was a beast.

I remember waking up at 3 am to watch this with my dad. This was really the game that made me a true Broncos fan and not just the son of the son of a broncos fan.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #12
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #13
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

dat aspect ratio
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:34 AM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Comparing that to the fox situation isn't exactly fair. If the broncos tried to run clock thete, they would have given Pitt good FP with about 2 min to go and only needing a FG to tie. Remember when the flacco snapped that ball before he found jones, the broncos win chance was 97 percent. If you want to blame fox for other conservative calls, go ahead, but at the end of the 4th quarter, those calls were not egregious
Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #15
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Comparing that to the fox situation isn't exactly fair. If the broncos tried to run clock thete, they would have given Pitt good FP with about 2 min to go and only needing a FG to tie. Remember when the flacco snapped that ball before he found jones, the broncos win chance was 97 percent. If you want to blame fox for other conservative calls, go ahead, but at the end of the 4th quarter, those calls were not egregious
It was 3rd and 7 at midfield. You get a first down, its a 100% victory. You don't, the Ravens have a chance. I understand running the ball, but the odds of getting 7 yards to get the first in that situation were very little, and we got stuffed.
Have the balls to call a quick pass play, as shown in that video, to get a first down to ice the game.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #16
Bacchus

I remember I was much more confident Denver would beat Pittsburgh than I was in them beating KC. That game was huge!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
It was 3rd and 7 at midfield. You get a first down, its a 100% victory. You don't, the Ravens have a chance. I understand running the ball, but the odds of getting 7 yards to get the first in that situation were very little, and we got stuffed.
Have the balls to call a quick pass play, as shown in that video, to get a first down to ice the game.
The odds of them winning the game after the punt were also quite low. This is hindsight.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #18
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I watched the KC game the week before. How was Tom Rouen a punter for us? He was awful. Couple other things from the KC game.

1. I always here KC fans say they would of won with replay because Gonzo's no called TD would of been overturned. Well that is 100 percent wrong his hand was first part of body to touch out of bounds and clearly was out before second foot. MYTH

2. Refs allowed a lot of false starts in that game but made much better calls on the so called bang bang plays, out of bounds, fumbles and PI calls without replay crutch.

3. Traylor was a beast in that game.

4. Game was very much like Denver/Baltimore this year Denver dominated all game and could get many points out of it. The difference was the D stepped up on the final drive and Atwater vs Moore is a big difference.

5. Why did Shanny keep Louville around? Second why would he put him in at the 10 yd line because he fumbled everytime. He just about cost us KC game and the SB that year.

6. Martyball in that game looked like the 01 Rams compared to Fox now. Marty is even more aggressive than Fox although his fake FG pretty much sunk the team. The announcers even were calling it out before they ran it.
Most KC fans will tell you that it was Marty who lost the game with his horrible game management. Kind of a catch 22 since we thought he was so conservative and then made a terrible pass call on 4th and 1.

Marcus Allen is a HOF RB. Give him the ****ing ball on 4th and 1. Also, burning off around 25 seconds was such a horrible move as well.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #19
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post

Marcus Allen is a HOF RB. Give him the ****ing ball on 4th and 1. Also, burning off around 25 seconds was such a horrible move as well.
Yeah the end of the game was an abortion of clock management. Are you talking 4th and 1 on the final play of the game? Marty did adjust at halftime and started throwing down the field which was smart. The two short passes in the 2 min drill on the last drive was awful on Grbac too. Burned a lot of time on those couple yards. That was one of my favorite Bronco games ever.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Yeah the end of the game was an abortion of clock management. Are you talking 4th and 1 on the final play of the game? Marty did adjust at halftime and started throwing down the field which was smart. The two short passes in the 2 min drill on the last drive was awful on Grbac too. Burned a lot of time on those couple yards. That was one of my favorite Bronco games ever.
Marty gave that game away, especially after the fake. I knew the game was ours after the fake failed.

He did have very good Defenses and run games with all his teams. I can see why he was as successful as he was.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #21
FearLanier

Quote:
Yeah I think that wasting around 25 seconds of clock was horrible.

Running with Allen was the smart play. You have the greatest RG in the history of the NFL (IMO) and you don't run it on 4th and 1?

We would have had several chances to win the game if we just ran the ball in that situation.

Oh well. I'm just glad that we have a coach who wants to throw the ball in a passing league now.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #22
Mile High 81
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
You know, watching the end of that game, I wish Fox was as aggressive as Shanahan.
3rd and 6 on your 15, and Shanahan says lets air it out and get the first, knowing Rouen was sucking terribly punting, the risk of an incompletion, etc. Heck, on the first down play was a pass play as well. No just lining up and running it up the middle to burn time/timeouts.
Then, after that play, he goes back and calls for ANOTHER pass play to get another first down.

I can see why people are upset with Fox's lack of aggressiveness in the end of the Baltimore game.

You play to win the game. Shanny says: Hey Elway you want your Ring? So 3 and 6. Do it.
Fox says
3 and 7 ? You want another Ring Peyton? Run the ball... We play odds ball.
Mile High 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High 81 View Post

You play to win the game. Shanny says: Hey Elway you want your Ring? So 3 and 6. Do it.
Fox says
3 and 7 ? You want another Ring Peyton? Run the ball... We play odds ball.
We were only up 3 in the Pitt game, vs Balt we were up 7. They needed a miracle and got it.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #24
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I remember I was much more confident Denver would beat Pittsburgh than I was in them beating KC. That game was huge!!!
I was confident in the KC game, after they announced they were starting Grbac.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #25
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
5. Why did Shanny keep Louville around?
he did, you know, run for over a hundred yards as a backup the week before
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote