The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #326
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I believe the dump and chase can work if you have sufficiently good defensive basics. The Canes basically rode Arturs Irbe until the wheels came off - he had insane numbers that year, not the first time a super hot goalie takes a bad team to the big show - just look at Martin Brodeur.

Maurice is far from the only coach and very far from the best coach who uses dump and chase. Basics do work, especially when the league as a whole is moving towards complex systems relying on smaller players and puck possession.
Oh don't get me wrong, basics do work, but you have to have disciplined players to make it work. Paul's problem is he can't teach discipline. Some coaches can get players to adhere to a philosophy, and play within the system ie. Claude Jullian; Mo took an already disciplined team to the playoffs, and they stopped listening two years in. Granted he was handicapped by a self imposed cap set forth by Jim Rutheford, Laveolette didn't seem to have the same trouble.
DivineLegion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #327
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Already looking to be another long night for the Avs...
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #328
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

All of a sudden 6 goals. I'll take it. Stastny finally chipping in with 2 goals. I'm really starting to like this John Mitchell...solid FA pick up.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:30 PM   #329
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Mitchell has been doing work. and to think, he was brought in to replace McClement as a PK C.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #330
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
All of a sudden 6 goals. I'll take it. Stastny finally chipping in with 2 goals. I'm really starting to like this John Mitchell...solid FA pick up.
Johnnie Malkin?

just wait until he tries to go throw a few players to score. He'll eventually drive you to curse his name.....
Ray Finkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #331
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Hopefully Kiprisov was the slump buster the avs needed. Ooooof he was terrible.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #332
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Hopefully Kiprisov was the slump buster the avs needed. Ooooof he was terrible.
Avs are one of those teams that seems different at home than on the road. They need to find consistency in the H/A split.

Calgary is awful, but yeah hopefully this jump starts the Avs.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #333
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
Optional skate for #Caps today. Only players not on ice are Ovechkin, Ribeiro and Green.

This is the type of crap that causes locker room issues. Those 3 better have a big impact against the pens tomorrow or there will be some serious resentment in the locker room.

I have no idea what happened to Ovechkin. My personal opinion is he needs a change of scenery and seems like he would welcome getting traded. The guy used to be on the ice ALL THE TIME. He used to love being on the ice. First one on, etc.

I mean he drove to Philly on his own one time to watch a preaseason game against the flyers. The guy just lost the passion, I think he wants a fresh start and with this organization's issues I don't really blame him. He was loyal in 2008 when everyone told him get out of DC, can't say I blame him this time around given how this organization has always handled stars (Murphy, Stevens, etc.)
Old 02-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #334
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Dan Ellis is going to take Cam Wards job. I have a ton of respect for Cam, but its pretty obvious who the better Goaltender is right now. Cam has to the end of our 6 game road trip to prove himself, or the Canes might be looking the other way.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #335
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Yakupov is going to get his ass kicked soon.

He goes after Duchene for shooting at an empty net at the end of the game when this guy has been celebrating like he won the Stanley Cup on 2 goals already? Seriously?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #336
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post

He goes after Duchene for shooting at an empty net at the end of the game when this guy has been celebrating like he won the Stanley Cup on 2 goals already? Seriously?
no doubt...what a clown
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #337
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post

Yakupov is going to have a short career if he keeps this up.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #338
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Talk about expansion again, this time a 2nd Toronto (Markham) team and Quebec city.

If expanding to 32 teams both in the Eastern time zone it would require throw a wrench into the ideas of changing the conferences, even with Atlanta moving to Winnipeg Detroit would not be able to move to the east unless they unbalance the conferences.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #339
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Dan Ellis is going to take Cam Wards job. I have a ton of respect for Cam, but its pretty obvious who the better Goaltender is right now. Cam has to the end of our 6 game road trip to prove himself, or the Canes might be looking the other way.
Looks like you spoke to soon. Ellis chased.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #340
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Talk about expansion again, this time a 2nd Toronto (Markham) team and Quebec city.

If expanding to 32 teams both in the Eastern time zone it would require throw a wrench into the ideas of changing the conferences, even with Atlanta moving to Winnipeg Detroit would not be able to move to the east unless they unbalance the conferences.
No way there is expanding. They need to move Phoenix to Quebec. Then move Nashville to Seattle. JMO
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #341
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Good to see the dominant Sid today.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #342
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
No way there is expanding. They need to move Phoenix to Quebec. Then move Nashville to Seattle. JMO
I went to 2 Coyotes playoff games last year. The place was rockin! They have been to the playoffs the past 3 years. Before that they were pretty terrible and prior to last year i don't think they had even won a playoff series. Hard to get a fan base when the team has been terrible up until the past 3 years. I think it'd be a little premature to move them now. Phoenix has a lot of potential imo.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #343
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
No team is going to Seattle, there is no arena in the area they can play in and Seattle is notoriously cheap when it comes to building new facilities.

Phoenix should move, but the way they have completely ****ed up that situation down there I am expecting them to do anything.

I am not sure Nashville needs to move, they sell out their rink and it is a nice place they have. I would move Columbus before I move Nashville.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #344
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

expansion would be a bad idea in the sense that if you have so many teams in trouble now how can you make two other markets viable.
but it is a good idea for growing the pie for the entire league.
plus the two markets proposed would be huge in tv and fan base potential.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #345
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
No team is going to Seattle, there is no arena in the area they can play in and Seattle is notoriously cheap when it comes to building new facilities.

Phoenix should move, but the way they have completely ****ed up that situation down there I am expecting them to do anything.

I am not sure Nashville needs to move, they sell out their rink and it is a nice place they have. I would move Columbus before I move Nashville.
the new arena they're building in Seattle is built to house both a NBA team and a NHL team. as soon as the sonics move back the construction on the arena starts.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #346
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Looks like you spoke to soon. Ellis chased.
Seriously. That was a brutal first thanks to a very undisciplined transition game. I'll give Ellis the Brier goal and the first PP goal, but that last one was unforgivable. We had 117 shots tonight when you count blocked and missed shots, 117! The lack of physicality from this team is really showing. If we had Rutuu right now we wouldn't be 3-4. This road swing is definitely our season though. 4 of 6 top 6 squads on the road. If we want to stay in the mix for a 4-8 seed we have to make some noise in this stretch.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #347
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Seriously. That was a brutal first thanks to a very undisciplined transition game. I'll give Ellis the Brier goal and the first PP goal, but that last one was unforgivable. We had 117 shots tonight when you count blocked and missed shots, 117! The lack of physicality from this team is really showing. If we had Rutuu right now we wouldn't be 3-4. This road swing is definitely our season though. 4 of 6 top 6 squads on the road. If we want to stay in the mix for a 4-8 seed we have to make make some noise in this stretch.
How's Jordan doing? I haven't seen any Carolina games yet.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #348
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Hard to get a fan base when the team has been terrible up until the past 3 years. I think it'd be a little premature to move them now. Phoenix has a lot of potential imo.
I see your lack of success and raise you the Carolina hurricanes, Tampa bay lightning, Anaheim mighty ducks, who all won the cup, and within a few years had half empty buildings once again.

There is a difference between a hockey city like Edmonton who has been worst team in the league for what 4 or 5 years ? yet still sells out every single seat, and not a hockey city like pissburg where when the teams not winning the stands sit empty, 2 bankruptcies prove that.

Last year there was talk of Edmonton moving to Seattle, if bettman doesnt bed over backwards to help them get a rink in Edmonton after the way he has gone out of the way for useless franchises like pissburg and Phoenix I will be done with the NHL.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #349
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

FWIW, I believe Tampa has sold out every home game so far this season. I know their tickets aren't very expensive but it seems like that market is pretty excited about this bolts team.

Carolina has always been generally solid and pretty good market for hockey.

Also, I thought I saw that Edmonton got the new stadium approved set to open in 2016. It looks like it's going to be one awesome venue in downtown Edmonton.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #350
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
How's Jordan doing? I haven't seen any Carolina games yet.
When it comes to fundamentals he's as sound as any, but he's struggling mightily to gel with his line mates. He's on a line with Jeff Skinner, and Zach Dalpe; both young energetic guys. Jordan has feed some really nice centering passes that Skinner couldn't connect on (he dosent have a great one timer). They had a good stretch against Buffalo(2) and Boston, but they've cooled down quite a bit.

The line to look out for is Eric Staal, Alexander Semin, and Jiri Tlusty. Everyone was worried that Sasha was a "shoot first guy", but he's been dishing sweet feeds to Staal all over the ice. When that line is out there with McBain, and Pitkanen they are absolutely leathal.

Congrats to Sutsy on his first goal as a Penguin. I think you guys got the better end of that deal.