The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #26
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #27
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I agree for the most part I'm just saying that the Arab Spring wasn't quite all some people made it out to be, that is, it wasn't all good. I think what you are seeing now is many Egyptian people figuring out that just because they went through a mock democratic process does not mean they are anywhere close to being "free", not with radical islamic factions strong arming the supposed democratic process.

From the article I read, the uprisings in the port towns are not being suppressed by the military because they know they are between a rock and a hard place, that is, if Egypt is really a democracy then these people have a right to voice their opinion. They don't have a right to just randomly destroy stuff, but they do have a right to say "hey, this sucks and we aren't benefitting from 'democracy!'". I think these military leaders see the situation for what it is, a bunch of BS.

JMHO of course.
I agree, but I do not think the Leader really cares about protests unless they are destructive. I just hope the military steps in and ousts the leaders. The military is still quite respected by the people.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #28
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Thought this was an interesting article from the former manager of Tinariwen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21326831

For anyone that hasn't heard, it's great stuff.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote