The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
and older shows like "Andy Griffith."
I can see why you think there is no god.

ESPN is the only reason I can't ditch. Don't know why they haven't broken out of the cable cartel yet. I guess to collect some cash from the non-sports crowd.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #27
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

over the air works fine, for kids too... just add netflix

we dont even own netflix and are kids are FINE
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #28
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Is there a type of HD antenna I should be looking for? Can't put anything on top of the house and don't want to drill holes to run cable from the basement up two flights to the attic! Are any of those indoor ones any good??
Goto www.antennaweb.org Will help you buy the best antenna for your particular location and desired broadcast stations.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #29
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Really depends where you live. If you're in metro Denver the signal is so good that some people I know don't need an antenna. The antenna I have I bought for $20 at Target and it just sits behind the tv, can't even see it. Makes all the channels come in nice and clear.
I'm down here in Highlands Ranch.
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #30
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I'm down here in Highlands Ranch.
Are you on a hill? If not, you're not going to get Channel 9 very well. The NBC tranmission comes out of like Commerce City for some stupid reason. Trust me there was an ordeal we went through trying to find an antenna that would get 9 because of SNFB and Ellen for my wife. We finished with an outdoor one on a tripod that has remote to control what direction it's pointed. Even then it's gets glitchy 15% of the time. The only other option is bite the bullet and get a big roof one. You should be good all the other channels fine. I had a crappy indoor one and was able to get Fox and CBS ok. I live in Parker and we're in a low area, unfortunately. You will also discover that there are a LOT more local channels than you are getting that Dish isn't telling you about, and a third of them are not Spanish.

Last edited by Kaylore; 01-31-2013 at 01:03 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #31
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Are you on a hill? If not, you're not going to get Channel 9 very well. The NBC tranmission comes out of like Commerce City for some stupid reason. Trust me there was an ordeal we went through trying to find an antenna that would get 9 because of SNFB and Ellen for my wife. We finished with an outdoor one on a tripod that has remote to control what direction it's pointed. Even then it's gets glitchy 15% of the time. The only other option is bite the bullet and get a big roof one. You should be good all the other channels fine. I had a crappy indoor one and was able to get Fox and CBS ok. I live in Parker and we're in a low area, unfortunately. You will also discover that there are a LOT more local channels than you are getting that Dish isn't telling you about, and a third of them are not Spanish.
Not on a hill, exactly, but from the backyard I've got a pretty clear shot of the mountains from Golden on north as well as a clear view of downtown. Per advice here it looks like I'm going to try the ClearStream 2v antenna and put it out on my deck, facing as much toward Lookout Mtn as I can.
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote