The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #26
nyuk nyuk

Surely some of these studs would be willing to take a little hit in the wallet to get a ring or two?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #27
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Pat Sims, Terrance Knighton DT
Larry Grant MLB
Jarius Byrd FS
Austin Collie WR
Reddman RB

.... Revis CB!!!!
Pudding Head Austin Collie? No thanks....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #28
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Surely some of these studs would be willing to take a little hit in the wallet to get a ring or two?
Maybe the ones who already had big paydays. Sometimes guys like Seymore if they want to play 1 more yr, or 2 yrs max will say no reason to do it on a loser. You sign with the pats, ravens, broncos, packers,niners, falcons you know some team with a great shot at going to the Superbowl.

That is why if Chris Johsnon got cut he would be an interesting guy. He made what 10 million last yr. Its possible he would then sign with a team he felt he could put up big numbers at and get another big deal.

he would kick ass in Denver it is my dream for the offseason. Titans owe him 10 million 4 days after superbowl.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #29
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Pudding Head Austin Collie? No thanks....
Lol.. I saw my CP and saw you said that to me before. On a non guaranteed contract you would be opposed? I'm talking $1 million a year. If he can stay healthy, he's dynamic with Manning...
Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #30
yerner
Ring of Famer

Shonn Greene is freaking terrible.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #31
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Shonn Greene is freaking terrible.
Yeah and Patrick Chung is a S who can't cover.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #32
BroncosfanGuy

I think Steven Jackson would be a better option than any of the FA RBs on that list. He's aging, but on a short, cap-friendly deal he's a dynamic, bruising pass-catching RB that still has some miles on him.

If he's not available (retirement) or interested then I'm not sure any FA RB would be better than Moreno+McGahee+Hillman (with Moreno as the lead RB, Hillman as a COP RB, McGahee as a short-yardage option)

Shonn Greene & any of the Steeler RBs? slow, plodding and not much of an asset in the passing game. Not a guy who the Broncos should actively pursue to bump McGahee from the pecking order, imo.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #33
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Yeah and Patrick Chung is a S who can't cover.
sarcasm? cause i pretty much agree.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #34
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
I think Steven Jackson would be a better option than any of the FA RBs on that list. He's aging, but on a short, cap-friendly deal he's a dynamic, bruising pass-catching RB that still has some miles on him.

If he's not available (retirement) or interested then I'm not sure any FA RB would be better than Moreno+McGahee+Hillman (with Moreno as the lead RB, Hillman as a COP RB, McGahee as a short-yardage option)

Shonn Greene & any of the Steeler RBs? slow, plodding and not much of an asset in the passing game. Not a guy who the Broncos should actively pursue to bump McGahee from the pecking order, imo.
That's interesting.. While we would all like SJax, to say no other RB would help in the passing game is either you not knowing the FA list, or what players actually can do. And those Pittsburgh free agents, I would sign Redman to a cap friendly cheap deal, as he is a great asset in the passing game and in pass protection.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #35
g6matty

you guys are wrong about chung he has great speed and can cover the rest of new england cant leaving huge holes for him trying to fill . he would benefit from a team switch . hes definitely an upgrade over mike adams and he plays with swagggg the ultimate stat in football
Old 01-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #36
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
you guys are wrong about chung he has great speed and can cover the rest of new england cant leaving huge holes for him trying to fill . he would benefit from a team switch . hes definitely an upgrade over mike adams and he plays with swagggg the ultimate stat in football
I'm sure that is why their defense improved after he was benched.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #37
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I'd be down with Ivory and Byrd
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #38
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
sarcasm? cause i pretty much agree.
No I agree completely. Greene has been nothing but average other than his rookie year in the playoffs and Chung was benched in New England.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #39
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Then again, let's be wary of FA safeties: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oshiomogho_Atogwe
Old 01-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #40
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
That's interesting.. While we would all like SJax, to say no other RB would help in the passing game is either you not knowing the FA list, or what players actually can do. And those Pittsburgh free agents, I would sign Redman to a cap friendly cheap deal, as he is a great asset in the passing game and in pass protection.
Reread my statement, I never said none of the FAs would help in the passing game. I said none of them would be good enough to improve the aggregate production of our trio of Moreno, McGahee, Hillman--aside from S Jax. I will say that one I'm warming on after S Jax is Chris Ivory.

As for Greene and the Steeler backs, I did say that none of those guys add much of anything to the passing game (Redman's career-high 19 receptions doesn't equal him being a "great asset in the passing game"), and I'll take that a step further by saying none of those players add anything to the offence. They are all slow plodders who will likely not be retained by their respective teams for good reason--despite their relatively cheap price tags. We have a short-yardage guy already in McGahee and his abilities (even at his advanced aged) surpass those of any of the Steeler backs or Shonn Greene.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 01-26-2013 at 12:43 PM..
Old 01-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #41
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I'm sure that is why their defense improved after he was benched.
they traded for talib moved mccouty to fs and started dennard. gtfo lmao
Old 01-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #42
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Reread my statement, I never said none of the FAs would help in the passing game. I said none of them would be good enough to improve the aggregate production of our trio of Moreno, McGahee, Hillman--aside from S Jax. I will say that one I'm warming on after S Jax is Chris Ivory.

As for Greene and the Steeler backs, I did say that none of those guys add much of anything to the passing game (Redman's career-high 19 receptions doesn't equal him being a "great asset in the passing game"), and I'll take that a step further by saying none of those players add anything to the offence. They are all slow plodders who will likely not be retained by their respective teams for good reason--despite their relatively cheap price tags. We have a short-yardage guy already in McGahee and his abilities (even at his advanced aged) surpass those of any of the Steeler backs or Shonn Greene.
Isaac Redman was only a starter for a brief time this season. It's obvious your reading his stats and don't exactly follow every other team. Only Jackson is really going to up grade the RB position, at least from the current FA list.

Reggie Bush
Felix Jones
Kevin Smith

These type of players could actually work in a Manning offense. But if your looking for instant upgrade, yes Steven Jackson is really the only name from that current list unless others are added..

Redman would be a cheap depth signing for me, no doubt in my mind could he do what McGahee and Moreno do. And I never mentioned Shonn Greens name, he's terrible.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #43
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Redman is a RFA.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #44
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Isaac Redman was only a starter for a brief time this season. It's obvious your reading his stats and don't exactly follow every other team. Only Jackson is really going to up grade the RB position, at least from the current FA list.

Reggie Bush
Felix Jones
Kevin Smith

These type of players could actually work in a Manning offense. But if your looking for instant upgrade, yes Steven Jackson is really the only name from that current list unless others are added..

Redman would be a cheap depth signing for me, no doubt in my mind could he do what McGahee and Moreno do. And I never mentioned Shonn Greens name, he's terrible.
No, I'm aware he was a part-time starter, which is a testament to the guy's talents as a RB if he's coming in as a reserve or sharing time with guys like Dwyer and a healing Mendenhall. The point is Arians and Haley are not stupid, if Redman was such a "great asset to the passing game" he would have been used out of the backfield as a receiver and thus his stats would reflect his "great assets." I've seen plenty of Stiller games so spare me the "you obviously don't follow other teams" BS. He's a run-of-the-mill backup quality RB who would add nothing to the Denver offense as it's currently constructed.

As for Bush, Jones, and Kevin Smith, I ask whose role they take? Moreno's? Sorry, but I don't see the value in adding any of them. Moreno's just as good or a better all-around back than any of those 3, and just as adequate in the passing game. Are any of them more durable than Moreno? Based on all three of their careers, the answer is an emphatic no. So Jones and Bush may be more sudden than Moreno, but then are you saying they replace Hillman as the COP/explosive RB? Probably not considering the growth Hillman displayed over the season and the fact that he's in his 2nd year on an affordable contract.

So then does one of Jones, Bush, or Smith replace McGahee as the short-yardage/chain mover? I don't think even warrants any amount of discussion. It's laughable to assume any of those 3 would be more effective in that role.

Spare me the "you must not follow other teams BS" just because I disagree with you. I've seen plenty of each of the RBs that have been listed. I've also been a fan of the Broncos for more than 9 months, Bmore Manning fanguy, so I have a pretty decent grip on how the current Broncos players stack up against the backs on the market.

But to be honest, I'm not sure why we are even going back and forth here,since what I've underlined in your argument is basically why I think we should sit out taking a RB from the FA crop unless his name is Steven Jackson.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 01-26-2013 at 02:27 PM..
Old 01-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #45
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Felix Jones is tempting, because he seems like the kind of guy who could look to redeem himself, but he's a speed back with utility skills, and we have that with Hillman and Moreno. If Hillman develops and they use him a bit better, he can be a real weapon. He played his ass off in the playoff game.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #46
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
they traded for talib moved mccouty to fs and started dennard. gtfo lmao
and sat a healthy Patrick Chung on the bench in the biggest games of the season. Maybe he was just too much a playmaker on special teams to waste him on playing in the secondary.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #47
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Felix Jones is tempting, because he seems like the kind of guy who could look to redeem himself, but he's a speed back with utility skills, and we have that with Hillman and Moreno. If Hillman develops and they use him a bit better, he can be a real weapon. He played his ass off in the playoff game.
I agree. And if the guy isn't a substantial upgrade and doesn't fit a niche in the offense, what's the point in diverting $$$ that can be better spent on substantially upgrading other areas of the team?

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 01-26-2013 at 02:15 PM..
Old 01-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #48
Bmore Manning

Quote:
No, I'm aware he was a part-time starter, which is a testament to the guy's talents as a RB if he's coming in as a reserve or sharing time with guys like Dwyer and a healing Mendenhall. The point is Arians and Haley are not stupid, if Redman was such a "great asset to the passing game" he would have been used out of the backfield as a receiver and thus his stats would reflect his "great assets." I've seen plenty of Stiller games so spare me the "you obviously don't follow other teams" BS. He's a run-of-the-mill backup quality RB who would add nothing to the Denver offense as it's currently constructed.

As for Bush, Jones, and Kevin Smith, I ask whose role they take? Moreno's? Sorry, but I don't see the value in adding any of them. Moreno's just as good or a better all-around back than any of those 3, and just as adequate in the passing game. Are any of them more durable than Moreno? Based on all three of their careers, the answer is an emphatic no. So Jones and Bush may be more sudden than Moreno, but then are you saying they replace Hillman as the COP/explosive RB? Probably not considering the growth Hillman displayed over the season and the fact that he's in his 2nd year on an affordable contract.

So then does one of Jones, Bush, or Smith replace McGahee as the short-yardage/chain mover? I don't think even warrants any amount of discussion. It's laughable to assume any of those 3 would be more effective in that role.

Spare me the "you must not follow other teams BS" just because I disagree with you. I've seen plenty of each of the RBs that have been listed. I've also been a fan of the Broncos for more than 9 months, Bmore Manning fanguy, so I have a pretty decent grip on how the current Broncos players stack up against the backs on the market.
Nowhere did I say those three are better. Clearly said they would work in a Manning offense. Not upgrade.

How would anyone verify anything about who's more of a fan, you just joined. And you know so much about football and our scheme, , it shows. You call Redman and Dwyer plodders, what does that make McGahee and Moreno
Old 01-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #49
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I agree. And if the guy isn't a substantial upgrade and doesn't fit a niche in the offense, what's the point in diverting $$$ that can be better spent on substantially upgrading other areas of the team?
The funny thing is new guy, in my offseason posts, only Steven Jackson is a name I mentioned in FA to offer an upgrade. But there are plenty of guys who could do what McGahee and Moreno do, for cheaper too.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #50
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Nowhere did I say those three are better. Clearly said they would work in a Manning offense. Not upgrade.

How would anyone verify anything about who's more of a fan, you just joined. And you know so much about football and our scheme, , it shows. You call Redman and Dwyer plodders, what does that make McGahee and Moreno
you're going to have to trust me on it, brohan. or we can regale each other with tales of Bronco teams of yore. whatever works for you.

I agree McGahee is a plodder at this point. But, again, if we are speaking in terms of upgrading via FA (why else would we be discussing bringing any of these guys in?) why replace one plodder with a less talented plodder? Moreno's not a plodder. He's not a burner, but he's shifty and has the ability to make plays in the open space.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 01-26-2013 at 02:38 PM..